John's Revenge

Christmas

**September 18th 1996**
*Billie's POV*

I sat down in the living room watching TV. Adie had taken Addy and Joey over to Liv's.

There was a knock on the door.

"It's open!" I yelled.

Mike walked in a couple of seconds later.

"Hi, Mike!" I hugged him. "How was the honeymoon?"

"Pretty good, but," he lowered his voice. "I'm kind of worried about Annie. She keeps throwing up. What do you think it is?"

I raised one eyebrow.

Holy shit. Mike doesn't know?

Annie walked in. "Hey guys, I left my eyelash curlers here when I stayed before the wedding? Do you know where they are?"

"Uh, I think they're in the bathroom," I said.

"I'll go get them sweetie," Mike smiled, running upstairs.

I ran to Annie. "You haven't told him yet?"

"What?"

"You're pregnant!" I hissed.

She gasped. "Who told you?"

"Adie and Liv were whispering in the corner so I eavesdropped, then I told Tré."

She slapped my arm. "That's horrid!"

"Well, so's keeping secrets from the father of your child!"

She paused. "Touché. I'm telling him tonight, OK?"

I stood back and looked at her. "Hey, you've got a little bump!"

"I know. I'm really surprised that Mike hasn't noticed."

Mike ran downstairs. "I couldn't find it."

"Oh," frowned Annie. "Never mind, let's go."

She grabbed his hand and pulled him outside. I waved goodbye as they drove away.

I can't believe she hasn't told him yet!

* * *

Later that night, I put Joey and Addy to bed. Adie and I were sitting in the living room with a bottle of wine.

"What the Hell is that awful noise?" Adie frowned, looking out the window. "Oh my God!" she giggled. "Look!"

Mike was running up and down the road.

"I'm gonna be a dad! I'm gonna have a kid! I'm gonna be a father! I can't believe it! I'm having a baby!" He yelled over and over and over.

**October 30th 1996**
"You know, we should really start thinking about getting back in the studio," Mike mused as we sat around drinking coffee.

"Mmm," I agreed. "I've got a couple of songs I like."

"Yeah, I kinda miss being on tour and playing in front of people," Tré sighed.

"Well, how about after Christmas, we start getting together for band practice again and we'll take it from there?" suggested Mike.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Talking about Christmas, this year Annie and I are going out to Florida to see her parents, so we won't be able to come here," Mike said.

"What, you immediately assume that we have invited you to spend Christmas here?"

"Well, I know it is presumptuous, but you do invite us every year," smiled Mike.

"Yeah."

"Oh, Liv and I can't come either," Tré said.

"Why?"

"Well, she's pregnant again, and by Christmas, she'll be in her last trimester, so she just wants something really quiet and simple and I've got to cook," Tré grumbled.

"What?" Mike and I gasped.

"I know! If I cook, the four of us will end up dead!"

"No no no, not that part, Liv's pregnant?"

"Oh yeah, we found out ages ago, didn't I tell you?"

"No!"

"Well, she is!" Tré smiled. "We went for a scan, one baby, perfectly healthy, ten fingers, ten toes, two eyes, two ears, all that jazz. Are you sure I didn't tell you, we found out like, two months ago?"

"You didn't!"

"Well, she is! Five months gone! How did you not notice the bump?"

"Congratulations man!" We all hugged Tré.

"Now, this time we are calling it Tré Junior or Tréina! "

"That is... completely up to you dude," frowned Mike.

**December 25th 1996**
*Mike's POV*

"Happy Christmas, Richard, Julie!" I awkwardly hugged Annie's parents.

"I usually prefer Annie's male friends to call me Mr Stevens, or Sir." Annie's father frowned at me.

I felt little beads of sweat edging their way down my nose.

"Of course, Sir, how could I have forgotten," I smiled.

"Dad," Annie glared at her father. "Mom, we've got some exciting news!" Annie took off her coat to reveal her bump. She was five months pregnant, so she was pretty big.

Her Mom shrieked with excitement and hugged her. Her father stood there, glaring at me.

"You got my daughter pregnant?" he said moving closer to me. I backed away.

"Well, we're married, surely it's okay," I stammered, edging further and further away.

"Dad, stop it!" snapped Annie.

"No, no, I'm having a talk with my son-in-law," he snarled.

Suddenly my cell phone rang. I grabbed it from out of my pocket.

"I've got to take this call, I'm going to step outside," I ran out into the garden and sat on the grass as I answered my phone.

"Hey Mike, it's Billie."

"Billie Joe Armstrong, I love you."

"Okay...Should I take that to mean that things aren't going well with the in-laws?"

"I know Annie's dad never liked me but this is absurd! He's yelling at me for getting Annie pregnant when we're married for fuck's sake!"

"Whoa dude. Good luck!"

"Why did you call me?"

"Oh yeah! My Mom's here, she wanted to say Merry Christmas and congratulations on the baby."

I spoke to Billie's mom briefly, then I figured I should go back inside.

"It was lovely talking to you Mrs A, see you soon... Merry Christmas," I hung up, put my cell back in my pocket and went back inside.

"So, is that someone else you've gotten knocked up?" Mr Stevens jumped out at me.

"Holy fuck!" I gasped. "What the Hell are you doing?"

"I need to know that my little girl is married to a decent guy!"

"I need to know that you're not hiding everywhere I go!"

Annie ran out. "What the Hell is going on?"

"Your husband is cheating on you!"

"What?"

"What!"

"Daddy, that is so stupid! Mike! Tell him he's being stupid!"

"Meaning no disrespect, Sir... "

"Mike! Just tell him he's being stupid!" Annie shrieked.

"Ok, sweetie, now sit down, this isn't good for you or the baby," I guided her to the couch. "Mr Stevens, you're being ridiculous. I would never cheat on your daughter, I was talking to my friend Billie Joe."

"Oh, the bisexual! How do we know you're not off doing... stuff with him on the side, huh?"

I could feel tears in my eyes. "I hate Christmas!"

*Tré's POV*
Mona ran around the living room in a pretty dress we got her from the Disney Store, a tiara balanced on her blonde curls.

"Wow, who are you? You're so pretty, you must be a Princess," I gasped.

"I Mona, silly!" she giggled. "Pincess Mona!"

"Princess Mona! You're so pretty! Let's go and see Mommy, we've got something very special to tell you," I said, leading her over to the couch. She sat in between Liv and I.

"Mona, Mommy is going to have a baby. You're going to be a big sister," I said.

"What is it?" Mona frowned, poking Liv's stomach.

"It's a baby, you're going to have a little brother or sister."

"Which?"

"We don't know. Which would you prefer?"

She shrugged. "I feel?"

"Okay, put your hand here," Liv placed Mona's hand on her stomach.

"No move." Mona frowned. "Hewo? Baby? Hewo?" Mona started knocking on Liv's stomach as if it was a door.

"Mona! No!" I said. "You'll hurt baby."

"Dis," Mona said, putting her hand on her mother's stomach again.

"Yes, that's okay," I said, putting my hand near hers.

"How it get out?" She frowned.

"Um," I said, looking desperately at Liv.

"In a while, my tummy will start to hurt, so we go to the hospital to make sure baby is feeling okay, then I push my belly button, and baby comes out," Liv said, smiling awkwardly.

"Oh," Mona said smiling. "Now!"

"What?"

"Baby now!"

"Baby will come soon, I promise," I smiled kissing Mona on the forehead.

I felt a movement against my palm. Mona squealed.

"Baby move!" She shrieked, clapping her hands.

"Yes, sweetie, the baby moved!" Liv smiled.

"Baby like me!"

"Yes, baby loves you. You're going to be a big sister!"

"Yaay!" She ran off upstairs to her room.

"Are you sure she's okay with it?" Liv frowned.

"Of course! Look at her, she's so excited!" I smiled.

*Billie's POV*
"Mom, this cake is delicious," I smiled.

"Yum!" said Joey.

Mom giggled. "I'm glad you like it." She turned to Joey. "This was your daddy's favourite when he was little."

"Wha' Mommy like?" Addy said.

"I liked pretty much anything," Adie smiled.

"Thank you Granma an' Mommy," smiled Addy.

"I'll go and clean her up," I said, getting up. "Come on Addy."

"I clean Daddy up!"

"Okay, but I'll clean you first."

I wiped the chocolate from round her mouth and hands.

"You messy thing! You're messier than I was!"

Addy giggled. "Yup! Now you!"

I let Addy wipe my face and wash my hands.

"All done!"

"Okay, let's go back to Mommy, Joey and Grandma."

We went back into the dining room. Adie and Mom were clearing up.

"Sweetie, would you clean Joey up?" Adie called from the kitchen.

"Sure."

"I clean Joey!"

Addy and Joey ran into the bathroom, giggling.

I cleared some plates away, then went to check on them.

"Holy crap!"

There were bubbles and toilet paper everywhere.

"Mom's going to go nuts!" I whispered as I closed the door behind me.

"Play wid us!" Joey squealed.

"Bubba time!" smirked Addy, throwing the soap at me.

"Hey!" I splashed her with some water from the sink.

"Aaah!" she screamed. "Bad Daddy!"

"Yeah!" Joey nodded.

"Hey!"

Soon, water was flying everywhere and we were completely soaked. I had filled the bath and the twins had jumped in fully clothed and were splashing me.

"No! No! I surrender! Stop!"

"No stop!" they shrieked. Suddenly they stopped.

"Ha ha!" I seized my chance and tipped a small bucket of water of their heads.

They screamed.

"Ahem."

I dropped the bucket. I turned around and saw why Joey and Addy had stopped.

"H.. hi Mom, hi Adie," I grinned nervously. "Do you.. wanna join in?"