John's Revenge

Decisons

**May 1st 1997**
*Mike’s POV*
She was perfect. She was a week old, brand new. She was so small, she had her mother’s dark hair, and my blue eyes. I can’t bear for her to be put of my sight, I love her more than I thought was possible.

Every night, Annie and I take her up to her room and put her to bed. We stay there and watch her until she goes to sleep. She is my reason for waking up in the morning, why I know I must breathe, I will be there for my daughter.

*Billie Joe’s POV*
I was sitting in the basement, strumming some chords to an old song I wrote when Adrienne walked in with a beer.

“I thought you could do with one,” she smiled, sitting on the couch.

“Thank you,” I said, leaning over to kiss her.

“How’s the album going?” she said, picking up a tape.

“It’s all done, apart from two songs, we just have to record those and it’ll be out in the fall.”

“That’s great,” Adrienne grinned.

“Mike’s most looking forward to Desensitized, because he gets to smash stuff up.”

Adrienne frowned. “How is that music?”

“He’s playing the baseball bat.”

She chuckled and kissed me on the cheek. “Dinner will be ready in about half an hour, we’re having vegetarian lasagne.”

“Mmm, yum!” I said, watching her as she walked out of the room.

I hummed the tune I’d written almost five years ago now, debating silently whether to put the song on the album or not.

Smiling, I decided that the song would fit well on nimrod, I’d call Mike now and tell him I’d decided.

* * *

Sighing, I hung up the phone, twenty minutes after I’d called. I was delighted that he was a father, but putting Estelle, a week old baby on the phone to ‘talk’ to me is a bit over the top.

I wandered into the kitchen as Adrienne was serving up dinner. “Adie, did we ever make Joey and Addy ‘talk’ to anyone we know on the phone when they were babies?”

She raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Mike?”

I nodded. “Yup, he got you too?”

“Mmm-hmm. The only time I ever put Joey and Addy on the phone was when Ollie rang and asked to hear them. But, she asked first.”

I nodded, sneaking a forkful of lasagne as Adie turned her back. I gagged. It was burning hot.

“Teach you to steal food, greedy pig.”

I looked at Adrienne. She still had her back to me. Swallowing, then gulping down some water, I said “How the hell do you do that?”

“I’ve known you for eight years, I think I know what you’re like.”

I gulped and took another sip of water as I helped Adrienne set the table.

I walked out to the hall and rang the bell we had brought to let the kids know dinner was ready.

They came running downstairs and we had dinner.

“I’ll be at the studio tomorrow, and probably the rest of this week,” I said. “Then the editing and stuff will take a couple of months, so I’d say we’re looking at a fall release, mid September, early October.”

Adrienne nodded. “You will be here for their first day at n-u-r-s-e-r-y?”

We had taken to spelling it in front of the twins, we felt guilty for sending them away.

“Of course.”

“OK. I spoke to the headmistress person, she seemed nice. She said we can go and look around with them tomorrow, maybe spend a morning or two with them there in the summer to get them used to the environment if we wanted.”

“That’s a good idea. Maybe we go once a week?”

“Yeah.”

“Go where?” Joey asked.

“Disme-land!” shrieked Addy.

“Raaay! Disme!”

They ran upstairs giggling and shrieking.

“Oh dear,” said Adrienne.

“Hey,” I grinned. “I’ll go to Disneyland, for the kids.”

“Hm, maybe next year, they need to be older.”

“Damn kids.”