John's Revenge

Billie Comes Home

I'm so very very sorry that I haven't updated in so long; partly due to a really mad, bizarre past year, partly due to school being really mad and partly, I'm terribly ashamed to admit, due to my own laziness. However, I have resolved that I MUST update more often, and hopefully I will also get around to updating my other stories as well.
If you are still reading, I am incredibly grateful for your patience and your lovely reviews, and I hope to atone for my lack of updates greatly. I have the next 5 chapters done {yaaay me! ;-)} and will hopefully update again before Monday.
LOTS of love to you all. xxx


*Liv’s POV*
I woke up at eight and could hear Mona, Alyss, Addy and Joey running around. I got up, showered and brushed my teeth. Then I got dressed and went downstairs.

“Breakfast, then it’s time for nursery!” I called when I got to the bottom of the stairs. Mona and Joey ran downstairs and Alyss and Addy ran out of the living room. We all gathered in the kitchen.

“I wanna go nursey!” Alyss pouted.

“You’re too little.”

“I wanna! Pease!”

“Okay, I’ll ask Amanda.” I got out the Coco-Pops and poured them into four bowls, then I got some eggs out of the oven and made us all scrambled eggs.

I piled them into the car after cleaning them up and getting them dressed. I was half-way there when I had to pull over. I leapt out of the car and threw up in the bushes.

Groaning, I got back in the car and took a sip of water.

“Mommy, you okay?” Mona said, patting my shoulder.

“Yes, thank you, sweetie.”

I carried on and dropped all four of them off at nursery, telling Amanda that I would pick them all up again tonight.

I got back in the car and rang Billie’s mobile. He answered.

Urgh, hello?

“Hi Billie, it’s Liv.”

Can you make it quick, I feel like shit.

“I’ll try. I need you to fly back now.”

What? You know I can’t, Reprise will murder me.

“If you don’t fly back, Adrienne and I will murder you.”

Why do I need to fly back?

“Adrienne spent practically all of yesterday and all of last night in hospital with Jakob. He’s got meningitis.”

W.. What?

“You heard me. Adrienne is living at the hospital at the moment, I don’t think she’s eating or sleeping, you have to come back now or she’ll never forgive you.”

Okay, I’ll be there by tomorrow.

He hung up. I drove to the hospital to make sure Adrienne was okay.

I went to reception and asked for her. They showed me to a small room and told me she was with the doctor at the moment. I waited there, alone for twenty minutes, then the door opened and Adrienne came in.

“Sweetie, how are you?” I asked, standing up. She started shaking and burst into tears. I ran over to her and hugged her, guiding her to a chair.

“He’s getting worse,” she sobbed. “He keeps having those febrile-convulsion things and I can tell from the way they look at us that we haven’t got much hope.”

I rocked her back and forth like I did to Alyss and Mona when they were upset.

“I managed to get hold of Billie. He’s flying back tonight, so he should be here by tomorrow.”

“Thank you, Liv.”

*The Next Day*
I drove to the airport to pick up Billie and Frank. Mike had flown out to New York to spend some time with Estelle.

I saw them standing outside the terminal waiting. Billie looked pale and worried and the hand holding his cigarette was shaking. Frank was talking on his mobile.

I pulled over and they got in in silence. I started to drive to the hospital.

“How’s Jakob?” Billie asked quietly.

“I don’t know Billie,” I said. “I saw Adrienne yesterday and she wasn’t up to talking much.”

“What about Joey and Addy? You said Adie had practically been living at the hospital?”

“They’ve been with me. They’re fine, just a bit worried about Jake. I haven’t told them what’s going on, just that he’s not very well.”

The rest of the drive passed in silence. At the hospital, I took Billie inside up to Jakob’s room. He went inside and hugged Adrienne who was sitting by Jakob’s crib.

I went back out to the car and Frank and I drove home.