John's Revenge

Engagment

*Adrienne's POV*
Billie and I were watching MTV when the doorbell rang. Billie jumped up.

"I'll get it."

"No, I will."

Billie frowned. "Ze 'elpless pregnant ladee cannot be answering ze door."

"OK, number 1, that French accent is atrocious and number 2, I am not a 'helpless pregnant lady. For God's sake, I'm barely three months pregnant!"

"Fine, I'm sorry. You're not a helpless pregnant lady. You're a hormonal scary pregnant lady," Billie grinned and ran out of the room.

"Hey, Tre, hey Liv, hi Mike." I heard the door being closed and saw the four of them walking into the living room. Tre and Olivia were beaming and Mike and Billie were looking confused.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked as they all sat down.

Tre and Olivia smiled at each other.

"Well," Tre began. "Olivia and I are engaged."

"What the fuck!?" cried Billie, jumping up. "You guys aren't even going out!"

"Yes, but Frank and I decided to get back together and Frank decided to propose, just like he was going to the night we broke up."

I sat there, stunned. I got up and hugged Olivia. "Congratulations! When are you getting married?"

"As soon as possible," she smiled.

"Can we see the ring?"

Olivia held out her hand shyly.

"Oh, sweetie, that's beautiful!" I gasped.

"Adie, can I talk to you?"

"Sure." We walked out into the kitchen. Adie put the kettle on and got five mugs out.

"So why are you calling him Frank?"

"Well, when we dated, that's what I called him. It's just more personal. Adie, I'd really like it if you could be my Maid of Honour again. And if you could help me plan the wedding."

"Oh my God! Of course I will! Later, we'll sit down with the guys and we can all work stuff out. Then, tomorrow we'll go shopping and get you a dress."

Liv beamed at me. "Thank you so much!"

"Who's going to give you away? Your father passed away about a year ago? How about your Mom?"

"No, not Mom. It just wouldn't be right. I don't know. I was thinking Mike, he taught me how to play bass, he helped me ride my bike when I was little, I've known him forever, he's like a brother to me. It would just feel right."

I smiled and hugged her again.

"Sweetie, we're all going to make sure you and Tre have the best wedding possible."

*Tre's POV*
"Congratulations, man!" Mike grinned. He hugged me, then I hugged Billie.

"OK, now, the arrangement was as Mike was Billie's best man, Billie's going to be my best man, then I'll be Mike's best man."

"Cool."

Adie and Liv walked back in carrying coffee. They handed it out and sat down.

"So, guys, what's going on?"

"Billie's my best man."

"Adie's my Maid of Honour. How about the five of us sit down and talk about it? We could use some help."

Everyone nodded in agreement. "Mike, do you want to bring your girlfriend, Anastasia?" I asked.

"Yeah cool. She's a photographer, I could ask her if she'd mind taking a couple of photos, if you'd like?"

We nodded, smiling.

"Oh, Mike, can I talk to you for a second?" Olivia asked.

"Sure," he followed Liv into the hall, looking confused.

*Liv's POV*
"OK, we've known each other since I was two and you were three. You taught me to play bass, you helped me ride my bike without training wheels, you've been like a big brother to me, so I'd really like it if you could give me away."

Mike's eyes misted over with tears. "Liv, that's so sweet. Of course I will," he hugged me and I hugged him.

We walked back into the living room. Adie had gotten a notebook and pen. She gave it to me when I walked in. I looked at what she had written.

Cool-Kingston Wedding, 1994
Bride- Olivia Kingston
Bridegroom- Tre Cool

Best Man- Billie Joe Armstrong
Maid of Honour- Adrienne Armstrong
Father of the Bride stand-in- Mike Dirnt?
Guest of Honour/Photographer- Anastasia


I got the pen and made a few alterations.

I showed it to everyone. It now read.

Wright-Kingston Wedding, 1994
Bride- Olivia Kingston
Bridegroom- Frank Wright (III)

Best Man- Billie Joe Armstrong
Maid of Honour- Adrienne Armstrong
Brother of the Bride- Mike Dirnt
Special Friend- Anastasia Greene

Location-
Time-

"Aw, Mike's giving you away?" asked Billie. "That's so sweet!"

I smiled at Mike. "It made sense."

"So, who else are you inviting?" Adrienne asked.

"Um, Liv and I discussed it in the car and, apart from our parents, we only want you guys to come."

"Well, that saves a lot of planning," Billie smiled. "Where, when?"

"Um, Mike's backyard, on Saturday morning."

"Tre, are you sure?" asked Mike.

"Yeah, it'll be fun!"

"OK, but after your honeymoon, we have to finish the tour."

"Yes, I realise that as well."

"OK, if you guys don't mind," Mike smiled, sipping his coffee.

"So, we're getting married in Mike's backyard, Saturday at midday. We need to find a vicar."

"I'll sort that out, Liv. You have to sort out your dress, hair, make-up and can you be in charge of food? I'll sort everything else out."

"Sure," I smiled. "Can I come on tour with you guys?"

At once, Tre beamed. He turned to Billie and Mike.

"Yeah, that'd be great," Billie smiled. "Adie's coming too, then at Christmas, we take a short break before the last month of the tour. Adie's staying at home during the last month."

"Yeah, ass-munch, only 'cos you're making me," scowled Adie.

"Do I really have to repeat what I said earlier?" sighed Billie. He was met with silence. "Alright, ze 'elpless pregnant ladee cannot be coming on tour! Eet ees too stressful!"

"The helpless pregnant lady is not above sitting on you when you get too cocky," Adie said, left eyebrow raised.