John's Revenge

Joey and Addy

**March 15th 1995**
*Adrienne's POV*

I sat on the couch with a pencil and pad of A4 paper, designing some clothes I hoped to make.

I was in my final week of pregnancy and I was huge. Billie Joe was concerned that it was actually twins, even though it couldn't possibly be.

Olivia was pregnant too. She was two months gone in December and the baby would be born in July 1995. We had found out about six weeks ago, but we still couldn't believe it. Tre was so excited, I'd never seen him like this.

The boys had been gone three weeks and would be back in three days. Billie was terrified that I'd go into labor early and he wouldn't be there, so he rang me practically every hour or two.

I sighed and scribbled out yet another design. I was never going to get this. I closed the pad of paper and went upstairs to look through my birthing book. I practiced breathing properly and read through it all for what seemed like the thousandth time.

Olivia was going to help me during contractions, but only Billie would be there during the actual birth. To give Billie credit, he'd come to as many classes as he could and pretended to know what was going on.

* * *

*Billie Joe's POV*
I paced up and down the bus. The last couple of gigs had been cancelled due to a fire at the stadium, so we were returning home. I was desperate to see Adie.

"Dude, relax, she'll be fine," said Mike. "If she had gone into labor, she would have called you straight away."

I sat down heavily and sighed. "I know you're right, I'm sorry."

The driver made an announcement on the speaker. "Ok guys, we're about an hour away, now, I'll let you know when we're ten minutes away."

"Thanks Terry!" we yelled.

"I can't wait to see Liv, and the bump," Tre smiled, gazing out of the window.

"Mmm, I can't wait to see Annie," Mike murmured, fiddling with his GameBoy.

"Ditto Adie and the baby," I grinned.

We sat in relative silence for the next hour, we were just glad to be going home, having a break from touring, recording some new material and spending time with our families. We'd written enough songs to fill five albums on tour, but we only thought about ten were good enough. We thought we'd release a new album later in the year.

"Mr Cool, you're home," Terry's voice boomed on the speaker.

Tre jumped up and got off the bus, pausing to grab his bags.

Mike and I smiled at each other as we saw Tre run inside and hug Liv through the window. Mike turned his GameBoy off and we pulled up to his house.

"See ya Bill," he smiled, clapping my shoulder.

"See ya," I smiled back. I knew that Adie was just around the corner and I could barely wait to see her.

"Here we go, Mr Armstrong," Terry smiled and stopped the bus outside my house. I saw Adie through the window. She was reading, no doubt it was one of the many pregnancy books we'd bought.

I walked up to the door and carefully tried the handle.

Yup. Open, as always. Adie never locks the door. I slipped in quiet as a mouse and crept up behind her. I suddenly started tickling her.

She screamed louder than I've ever heard anyone scream, including Tre when there's a spider in the tourbus, and started laughing hysterically when she realized it was actually me, not a mad axe murderer.

"You... Fucking... Jerk!" she giggled. "Why.. Didn't you... Tell me.... Stop it!... That... You were... Coming home!"

We collapsed on the couch, Adrienne still giggling and I kissed her.

That pretty much stopped the giggling.

*Liv's POV*

"AAAAAAAH!"

I heard a shrieking scream and pounding footsteps. I sighed.

"Frank, the spider can't possibly be that scary. It's tiny, it's not going to hurt you," I called to Frank as I walked up the stairs.

I saw him hiding behind a pot plant in the hall and sighed.

"Get out from there and show me the spider."

He got up, trembling and followed me into the room. He pointed to a spider with a body about the same size as his thumbnail and then shot back out.

I got a glass and newspaper, trapped the spider with the glass and slid the glass onto the newspaper. I freed the spider in the garden and went back inside.

"AAAAAAAAH!"

I groaned. "Frank, so there's a spider, get over it!"

He ran up to me and grabbed me by the shoulders.

"It's not a spider! It's time!"

"What?!" I shrieked.

"Adie, the baby, Billie just called, it's time!"

Frank and I ran out of the door and got in the car. As he turned the engine on, he stopped and turned towards me.

"What?"

"Liv, do you realize that in four months, we're going to be doing this exact same thing, only with a few roles swapped around?"

My pulse quickened as I contemplated his words.

"Oh my God. You're right. I can't believe it."

"Sweetie, you look scared," Frank frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just can't believe it's five months gone. Honestly, the birth doesn't scare me; the raising the child scares me."

Frank smiled and began to drive.

"Well, Billie and Adie will be a couple of months ahead of us, so we can watch them and learn from their mistakes."

I punched Frank playfully in the arm as we drove through the night towards the hospital.

* * *

Frank, Mike, Annie and I sat in the hospital corridor, waiting for news. Adie had gone into the delivery room fifteen minutes ago.

Suddenly, the door flew open and Billie came flying out, tears streaming down his face.

"It's here! I have a baby! I'm a father!" he cried.

We stood up. "Congratulations! What is it?" Mike smiled.

Billie Joe burst into new sobs and couldn't speak at all. After several minutes, he choked out, "It's a little baby!" and rushed back inside.

We stood there in silence, trying to hide our smiles.

"He hasn't changed in thirteen years," smiled Mike, laughing out loud.

* * *

After ten minutes, a nurse took us to a small private room, where Adie and Billie Joe were sitting with their baby.

Tucked in Adrienne's arms, was a small bundle of blankets. You could see a small area of pink skin and a tuft of black hair poking out if the blanket.

"Everyone," Billie beamed proudly. "This is Joseph Marciano Armstrong, our son."

He kissed Adie on the cheek and we smiled at them. Frank came over and put his arm around my shoulders.

It was hard to believe that the same guy who, five years ago, was selling joints for two dollars, was now sitting in a hospital room, married, clean (well, sort of), famous and a father.

*Liv's POV*
Suddenly, Adie's face contorted with pain.

"Billie, take Joey." She groaned and doubled over as Billie took Joseph from her.

"What's wrong?" He asked, leaning over her.

"I... I think.. I'm having contractions," she gasped. "A... Ahh!"

"I'll go get a doctor," said Mike, hurrying out.

I ran over to Adie. "Come on sweetie, like before, deep breaths," we breathed in and out together, Adrienne holding Billie's hand. He had passed Joseph to Frank, who was, I have to admit, holding him properly.

I turned back to Adrienne. Annie was helping Adie with her breathing as well. Mike ran in with a doctor.

"What's the problem, Mrs Armstrong?"

"I... It feels.... Like... I'm having.. Ah!... Contractions," Adie gasped, clutching Billie's hand so hard it was now purple.

Adie saw this and let go, looking apologetically at him. Billie put his arm round her shoulders and helped her relax.

"Alright, we'll take you for an emergency ultra-sound and see where we go from there," the doctor said, then he stepped outside and got two porters to wheel Adie out. Billie began to follow, then stopped and turned towards the doctor.

"Um, can these guys stay here?"

"Of course."

They walked out and left us there with Frank still holding Joey.

"Oh my God, what do you think's going on?" Annie gasped.

"I don't know," I muttered.

"God, this is awful," Mike said, frowning. "Anybody want coffee?"

Annie, Frank and I smiled. "Yeah, that'd be great," Annie nodded.

"OK, four coffees coming up," said Mike, walking out the door.

A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Um, I only have two hands," Mike said awkwardly.

"I'll help," said Annie, following him out.

Frank and I sat there, chatting about Adie when Joey started crying.

"What do I do?" Frank asked, looking confused.

"Here," I took Joey from Frank and rocked him back and forth. After a while, he calmed down and went to sleep.

Mike and Annie came back with the coffee and handed it out. I put Joey in the hospital crib and we drank our coffee in silence.

Suddenly, the door flew open and Billie came running in, tears streaming down his face.

"Oh my God! Sweetie, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Adie, she... It was... It was twins!" He gasped. "I've got a son and a daughter! Joey's a month older though, apparently there was some thing where Adie's body clock type-thing messed up and... There was this whole thing, but I'm a father twice! I have two children!"

He smiled at us, ecstatic. His face fell.

"Oh my God. I have two children. I'm only twenty-three! I'm scared. Oh, oh. Two children. I am not ready for this." He started shaking and went really pale.

Frank and Mike stood up and went over to him. "Come on, Bill, let's go outside." Annie and I watched Joey sleep whilst Frank and Mike gave Billie a 'pep talk'.

"Oh my God," whispered Annie. "He's so tiny, look at him. He's definitely got Billie's hair, and his eyes."

"Mmm, Adie's nose, though."

The doors opened again and two nurses wheeled in Adie, sweaty, exhausted, but beaming, holding a small bundle in her arms.

"Hi you guys," she whispered. "I'm sorry, I'm just tired."

"Hey, you're right to be tired, you've just given birth to two children."

She smiled.

"So, Billie told us it was a girl, what's her name?" smiled Annie.

"Well, I think she's called Adeline, Adeline Laura Armstrong," Adie sighed. She placed Adeline in another crib that a nurse had brought in and leant back. She closed her eyes, still smiling.

Annie and I sat there for a while, watching Adeline. She looked more like Adie. Annie and I had whispered that we agreed she had amazing hair, kind of black like Billie's, but with streaks of brown copper in it, like Adie.

The door opened again and the guys walked in, all of them beaming. Billie sat next to Adie's bed and looked at her, then at his children. He was smiling the whole time.

I felt Frank grab my hand and kneel down beside me.

"C'mon, let's go home," he whispered. I got up and so did he. We walked out, ahead of Mike and Annie.

We got home and went to bed. I lay awake for a while, staring at the ceiling, thinking about the day in four months time, when we would have our baby.