Status: Done! :)

Will You Be There To Carry Me Home

Nineteen

I woke up to Jacey sitting next to me.

“Hey baby girl..I’m taking to you dinner. It’s been 3 days since the funeral, you need to get up.” She said. I nodded, I got up and got ready.

*****

I walked to the car with Jacey and got into the passenger seat. She drove to McDonalds and we walked in.

“So, how’s your thang with Alex?” I asked as I started eating my pancakes.

“Good.” She said smiling.

“Awesome.” I glanced out of the corner of my eye to the bathroom. My home away from home, beside concert venues. Jacey caught me looking at the bathroom.

“No Kals.” She said touching my hand.

“I know..” I said quietly. My phone vibrated and I looked at the text.

/good morning baby(: how are you? I miss you. I’ll call you after the concert xoxo/ I smiled.

/im ok:/ I miss you too. Ok xoxo babe/

I set my phone down and started eating today.

“What are we doing today?” I asked. I wanna sleep. I wanna be with Jack. I want him to hold me and tell me that everything will be okay.

“Eating, maybe shopping. I was thinking of taking you to the beach.” She said. It was 8:30. We’d get there about noon.

“The beach sounds nice.” I said. She had a grin on her face.

“I already have our bags packed for it.” She smiled. We finished eating and went to the car. Ocean City here we come.

/it’ll be better, I promise baby. Have fun at the beach btw xoxo/

/she told you?lol xoxo/

/whose idea do you think it was?;)xoxo/ I laughed and turned up the music.

****

I stepped out of the car in my bikini. I slid my beach bag onto my shoulder and waited for Jacey to change. Guys stared at me and I rolled my eyes. Just then, Jacey hopped out of the car and we started walking to the beach. The breeze blew my hair and I /tried/ to look as happy as I wanted to be.

We hit the sand and I saw the waves crashing down on the shore. I smiled.

I dug my toes into the hot sand and I felt the hot sun beating down onto my skin.

We walked over by the lifeguard post and set our stuff by there.

Jacey and I laid the blanket down on the sand and put our shoes on the corners. I set my bag down and sprayed suntan lotion on.

Minutes later: our hair were in high messy buns, our aviators were on and we were running into the ocean like 5 year olds. We wadded our way through the water to where the water was up to below our boobs. We we’re 5 foot 8 so it was kinda far. Guys were playing football in the water. Parents were holding their children by us and we smiled.