Status: Done! :)

Will You Be There To Carry Me Home

Twenty

-few years after the beach day-

“I wanna go home!” I screamed, clearly drunk. Jacey stood up and grabbed her phone. I crawled over to the bathroom and sat next to the toilet.

“Can you come get her?”

“She’s /so/ smashed. She needs you right now.”

“Ok. I’ll text you the info.” I started puking into the toilet. My phone started ringing.

“FUCK YOU!” I screamed. I sighed and laid on the bathroom floor.

“Sweetie, Jack is texting you.” Jacey said sitting me up. She showed me the text.

/hi baby, so your smashed and im at a red light. Khahggkhsdfiufayu sorry, my phone fell while driving. And now im pulling over. Yup yup yup yup yup yup. Ok….. Im almost there baby. Xoxo/

I smiled. Jacey pushed the hair out of my face.

“He really loves you.” She said getting a wash cloth wet and putting it on my forehead.

“I love him so much.” I said. Okay, so something you should know; when I’m drunk and I talk, it’s like I was given the truth serum.

“I know you do.”

“Why won’t he propose?” I asked tears in my eyes.

“I don’t know.”

“Am I not good enough? Doesn’t he wanna commit to me?” The door opened and I realized Jacey wasn’t next to me, but I kept going.

“Is there another girl? Is she better then me?” Tears are now running down my face.

“Uh…Kaly.” Jacey said. I sat up a little and looked up. Jack was here. Now, a smart drunk person would shut up, but that…I am not.

“Why won’t you propose?!” Jack stood their like a deer in headlights.

“Am I not good enough?!”

“Baby….” He said walking over to me and sitting down. I sniffled.

“I’m not good enough for you baby. I’m scared you’ll say no.” Jack said pulling me onto his lap and wiped away the stray tears with his thumb. I sniffled and looked up at him.

“I love you.” I said smiling.

“I love you too. Let’s go home.” He said standing up with me in his arms.

“I’ll bring her stuff over tomorrow.” Jacey said as Jack carried me out of the hotel room.

“I’m sorry you had to leave your guys night.” I said quietly.
“It’s ok. I missed you. I’d rather spend it with you.” He said walking to the elevator.

“I missed you too.” I said resting my head on his chest.

*********

I woke up with a pounding headache. The world spinned and I closed my eyes and clutched myself to Jack.

“Hung over?” He asked quietly.

“Yeah.” I said meekly.

“Should I go get Matt’s stuff?” I nodded and I felt the covers go above my head, then Jack got up.

“There. That might help.” He said and left me alone in his room. I moved the cover off of my head a little and looked in the drawer of his nightstand.

I saw a box and curiously opened it. You know what they say; curiosity killed the cat. I’m the cat, and I have a death wish.

I saw a ring. The most perfect ring ever. It was silver with a blue sapphire in the middle. I gasped. The door opened and I quickly pulled the box under the covers. Jack walked in with the bottle of Matt’s magical hang over stuff. Jack set it on the table and looked in the drawer. A panicked look crossed his face. I bit my lip. He walked out of the room and I quickly put the box back into the drawer.

Jack and Matt walked in whispering to each other. Matt looked in the drawer and shook his head as he left the room.