Status: Done! :)

Will You Be There To Carry Me Home

Eight

I woke up to the sun on my skin. The sea breeze. My last day here. And I’m going back to hell.

“Leave her alone.”

“She’s an adult Alex! She has a boyfriend. Let her breathe, seriously bro.”

“She’s my little sister Evan.”

“I understand that but she needs to have a life with Jack! What did you do with Lisa? Hm?”

“That’s different.”

“No it isn’t.” I heard the door slam. I got off the raft and opened the sliding door more.

“I’m sorry you have to put up with his shit about me.” I said to Evan.

“It’s okay. It’ll blow over soon, I promise.” He said.

“I believe you… kinda.” I said digging through my suit case.

“Just wear that for now, kay Kals? Jack is coming over here in a few.” Evan said going into the bathroom. I shrugged and walked back onto the balcony. Whatever. I sat back down and laid my head on the pillow. I need coffee.

I looked down at my hands. Black chipped nail polish. My usual ring. The only ring that I have only ever worn in my entire life. I’ve gotten it resized a lot. It’s a band with hearts on it. So basically, a silver heart band. Simple? ‘Kay? Good. My hair tie on my left wrist with the ‘get low’ bracelet, TWLOHA bracelet, Love Is The Movement bracelet and two friendship bracelets.

I looked down at my legs. Tan, muscular, slender. I sighed.

I stood up and looked at the balcony. Plastic girls filled the beach. All Time Low fan girls. Their parents. Their boyfriends, girlfriends, friends with benefits.

Don’t tell me you have not done the friends with benefits thing. Once. One guy. It got complicated. I’m not the good girl that everyone-okay, Alex-believes I am. I have rebelled. I’m the girl-no, my friends are the ones your parents warn you about. Hell! My mom warned me about Alex. She knew I wasn’t the good girl.

“Kaly?” My inner monologue was interrupted by Jack. A hot Jack with coffee. Ooohh. I smiled. My day has gotten a little bit better.

“I got your daily coffee with an extra shot of espresso.” He grinned sitting next to me and handing me my coffee.

“Thanks.” I smiled, taking the coffee.

“Are you ready for the gig tonight?” I asked.

“I always am, but Alex is pissed about that thing. So, it’s gonna be all tense and awkward.” He said shrugging.

“I’m sorry.” I said quietly.

“Don’t. I could never ever regret that night.” He said kissing me.