Status: Done! :)

Will You Be There To Carry Me Home

Nine

I sat backstage as Jasey Rae ended. I stared at the set list. Lullabies is after Hello, Brooklyn. The chords started and I had to mentally prepare myself for Lullabies. It was about /him/. It may be hard for Alex to sing it, but he wasn’t as close to him as I was. Hello, Brooklyn ended.

Jack got the first chord then Alex said, “Woah woah woah, hold up, hold up. Guys, I gotta..fix something." I looked over to the stage. Alex was running over to me with his guitar. The crowd was getting pissed off, and I don’t think Alex cared.

“Calm yo nips!”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I flipped out on you for sneaking out with Jack. I just care. And you know I’m the overprotective brother.”

“It’s okay.” I said hugging Alex.

“Your older brother needs you to play guitar.” He said quietly. I nodded. Matt handed me the acoustic guitar.

Zack, Rian and Jack left the stage. Matt brought out two stools.

“We’re gonna slow it down. Instead of just me, I’ve brought out my little sister, Kaly.” Alex said. I strummed a little.

“Ready?” Alex asked me quietly. I shrugged.

“This is a special song for us.” Alex said. I looked backstage quick, Jack had tissues in hand and gave me a thumbs up.

“This is Lullabies.” I said as I started the chords. Alex followed.

“Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye. It could be for the last time and it’s not right. “Don’t let yourself get in over your head.” He said, “Alone and far from home I’ll find you.” Alex sang.

“Sad like a candle you burnt out. Spill the wax over the spaces left in place of angry words. Scream to be heard like you needed anymore attention. Throw the bottle, break the door and disappear.” I sang, chocking back the tears at the end.

“Sing me to sleep. I’ll see you in my dreams, waiting to say, “I miss you. I’m so sorry.” A tear rolled down my cheek.

“Forever’s never seemed so long when your not around. It’s like a piece of me missing. I could have learned so much from you but what’s left now? Don’t you realize you showed this family a world of pain? Can’t you see this could have been a happy ending we let go?” I sang and sniffled at the end.

“Sing me to sleep. I’ll see you in my dreams, waiting to say, “I miss you. I’m so sorry.” More tears fell as Alex belted out the next part, “Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep.” I put my head down slightly as I sobbed quietly.

“Sing me to sleep.”

“You’ve taken so much with you.”

“I’ll see you in my dreams.”

“But why leave the worst with me?” I sniffled as I sang into the microphone.
“Waiting to say, “I miss you, I’m so sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Alex ended and leaned over to me.

“Good job sis.” He whispered in my ear as he hugged me. I sniffled.

“Thanks. You have better composure.” I whispered back.

“Practice.” He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

“TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT!” I giggled and rolled my eyes. Until I realized it wasn’t a girl that yelled it to Alex. It was a guy and it was to /me/.

“Oh fuck no!” Alex exclaimed, answering for me. I giggled a little and the guys came back out and stood behind us.

“Amazing.” Jack said to me quietly as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I looked up at him and smiled.

“Thanks Jack.” I said. He bent his head down and kissed me softly. I heard awes and boos. I flipped the crowd the middle finger.

“That reminds me,” Alex said, “If I ever make a heavy metal band; I’m gonna name it Fornicate.” He laughed. I giggled against Jack’s lips.

“That was our last song. Goodnight!” And the lights cut. I ran off the stage pulling Jack’s hand.