All I Wanted Was the Truth

All I Wanted Was A Bike Ride

Friday passed quickly. My classes were all just as boring as they had been previously, and my mind was wandering all day. I thought about unimportant things, like the bald spot on Mr. Banner's head, or Coach Clapp's ear assaulting lisp. I doodled on anything nearby to occupy myself - notebooks, desks, my arm. By the end of the day, I had drawn little grizzly bears on the covers of three of my binders and another one on my arm that I thought could be turned into an acceptable tattoo.

Dad got home several hours after I did; I was already in bed when I heard the door close softly down the hall. I heard him make his dinner, and go to bed shortly afterward.

I woke up Saturday morning, bright and unpleasantly early. A grey light was pushing its way through my thin curtains; that was what woke me up. I rubbed my eyes wearily, resigned to an early start to the day.

I threw on some comfortable sweatpants and a black t-shirt, leaving my bed unmade. I flung the curtains wide, and looked out on an always grey and dull Forks. The small crack that never closed properly in my window let in a nice, crisp breeze, and I smelled rain on the air. Of course.

I went downstairs to find Dad had gone fishing again - he was trying to get as much done as possible before the rain started to hit hard. I had a fiber bar for breakfast and peered out the living room window, sighing. I was bored, and I really did need to get out more. I needed excercise badly.

When I was done my chocolate bar and had had a glass of milk, I unlocked the cupboard under the stairs and wheeled out my bike.

I didn't bother with a helmet - the one I had was dented beyond repair, anyway. I wore one wristguard, on the wrist I'd broken a few years back, and rolled out the door in a state of mild excitement.

My bicycle contrasted sharply with the calm colors surrounding my house - brown, grey, light green. The bright red paint stood out against the pavement as I ran along the walkway and jumped on, inhaling deeply. Fresh air always tasted so much better at high speeds.

I decided to ride a little outside of Forks, because the streets were too angled and predictable. I preferred riding in more open areas, where the turns were more hairpinned and exilerating.

I rode for a short while, not thinking about anything but the road ahead. I was soon out of Forks, surrounded by the constantly present trees and bushes.

I took a road I'd never taken before, but seemed to remember for some reason. It was surrounded more closely by thick green trees, throwing the dirt road into light shadow.

Looking ahead, I spotted a gap in the trees that seemed promising. I was going too fast to take the turn on a wide curve, and I wouldn't be able to slow down; instead, I let my bike skid to a halt as it turned, and pedalled furiously as I spun on a ninety degree angle. I hardly slowed down.

Looking ahead of me, trying to see what was coming up next, I felt another faint tug at the back of my mind. 'You know this place,' I heard. 'You've been here before.'

I couldn't remember the road I'd taken to get here, though, nor the covered trail I was riding along now. And yet I couldn't shake the feeling that I had indeed taken this route to go somewhere before.

Just as I was thinking this, the trail opened out. The trees disappeared from around me, continuing on behind me to my left and right. In front of me was a magnificent three story house, whitewashed and breathtaking.

I'd ridden right to the Cullen's front door.

My heart was sent into palpitations - I was technically invading private vampire property.

I remembered Emmett telling me that Edward had taken Bella out today, so he wouldn't be home. And I assumed Dr. Cullen - Carlisle - would be at the hospital, working. But what about Esme, Rosalie, Jasper, Alice, and Emmett? Would they catch me here? This frightened me fractionally - that probably wouldn't be a good thing.

I decided quickly that I'd leave - nobody would ever know I'd trespassed. But just as I was turning my bike to leave, the door opened, and out stepped Alice Cullen.

I froze, partially turned toward the trees, biting my lip.

I waited for her to start asking me why I was there, or to tell me to leave, but she never said a word. She simply stood there, so small and innocent looking, when I knew she was hiding an unimaginable strength under that pale skin.

After a moment, I became nervous, and said, "Hi, Alice."

"Hello, Kaya." she replied politely. "Would you like to come in? We've been expecting you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oohh, what will happen next?

Well, unfortunately, you won't know for at least a week because I'm going camping. Sorry.

Excuse any spelling errors, just point them out and I'll fix them. I can't use spell check.

Please comment! I love them, they make me happy!