All I Wanted Was the Truth

All I Wanted Was My Homework

I left the cafeteria before most of the other students, pushing and shoving my way to the doors. On my way out, I noticed Isabella repeatedly looking up at Edward Cullen. I also noticed Alice Cullen stand up and walk fluidly away from her family.

I shouldered the door open, and I was out in the empty hall. Nobody was out here, as nobody liked going to class early, so I was at my locker in record time.

I stuffed my Biology books and PE strip into my bag, putting everything else in my fairly empty locker. Just as I was bent over my backpack, searching for my biology homework, somebody slammed my locker shut.

I jumped, snapping into an upright position, looking for the culprit angrily. I was halfway through telling them off when I saw who it was, and stopped, mouth agape, eyebrow raised in confusion and fading anger.

The big, burly boy laughed at me. "Hello to you too!" he said jovially.

I shut my mouth quickly, cleared my throat, and said, "Uh, hi, Emmett."

"You have Biology II next." he stated, still smiling.

I nodded. "Yeah..." How exactly did he know I had Bio next? Oh well, I thought, I'll let that one rest.

"Can you do me a favor?"

I nodded again, thinking to myself it would be crazy for anybody to say no to this boy. "What is it?" I asked, my voice trembling only slightly.

"Just keep an eye on Edward, okay?"

I blinked. "Uh, sure. Why, though?"

"He's... been feeling sick lately. Just be sure to get excused from class if he starts acting weird. Then you come tell me, okay?"

I nodded for a third time. "Sure. Where do I find you?"

"I've got PE next, so I'll be in the gym." He eyed me curiously. "What's your name, again?"

I wondered why he wanted to know. "I'm Kaya. Kaya Davey."

He stuck his hand out at me, smiling widely once again. "I'm Emmett Cullen."

I laughed a tad nervously, taking his hand to shake. "I know." His hand, though it looked as if it could easily crush mine into nothingness, was gentle. I supposed he was being careful.

He stopped shaking my hand, squeezing it briefly in thanks. "Just remember - get right out of class and come to me if Edward starts acting weird, okay?"

"No problem." I replied.

"Thanks again." With that, he waved and trotted off towards the gym.

I walked to Bio, thinking about how very odd the Cullens acted sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a Twilight fan-fic, so obviously NOT ORIGINAL. I don't own Twilight or any of the characters, except the OC. Stephanie Meyer owns everything.

This is the second part of what I think might turn out to be a very short story, maybe 5 or 6 chapters. The chapters in this story will all start with "All I Wanted Was..." so you'll know that they're related. And I'll obviously post them in order, so just follow them down the list and you should be fine. But just in case, I'll tell you which Chapter precedes the current one. All I Wanted Was An Apple precedes this one.