Sequel: Horse Kisses
Status: There will be a sequel to this story, so keep reading!

Texas to Tennessee

Chapter Seventeen

I woke up the next morning around ten, which is crazy since I never ever ever sleep in that late. I chilled in my bed for awhile, trying to wake up and replay everything that happened last night. I recalled Jackson’s support before I walked on that stage, and the way I made everyone dance and sing along. I smiled to myself and then grabbed my phone and checked my messages. There was only one. “Hey Texas, you were fast asleep when I got you home so I carried you up to your bed. Sleep tight. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” Jackson said. The voicemail was from late last night so I texted him back the second it was over. “Hey, thank you for last night!” I set my phone down and went to my bathroom to shower. I still had on my clothes and makeup from last night. I showered and dried my hair off quickly, with a towel. There was no use blow drying it. I changed into some jeans and a tank top, and then grabbed my oldest boots from my closet. While walking out the door I stuck my phone in my phone case. Jackson still hadn’t texted me back. “Oh well.” I thought. “He’ll just have to wait on me then, cause I”m going riding.” As I walked outside I noticed my dads truck was gone. Sometimes I wish he didn’t work so much. He and I had used to be close, but now...
I pulled back the barn doors and the sweet, familiar, smell of a horse filled me up. Summer was poking her head out of her little window at me. I smiled. “Hey pretty girl” I said, jogging up to her. She’d already been fed...”By who?” I wondered. Anyways, I went and grabbed a halter and then opened her stall. She backed up so I could fit inside. I reached around and put the halter on her and then I lead her out of the stall and then towards one of the posts so I could put her in cross ties. I brushed her off and did her hoofs. She stood still and patient as I went and got her bridle, saddle, saddle pad, and girth. I knew she hated taking the bit so I would always give her a few jelly beans as I put it to her mouth. My saddle looked marvelous on her, I couldn’t believe there was such a beautiful horse, and further more, I still was in awe that she was my horse.
I brought her out to the yard this time, instead of the pasture. I had noticed that she didn’t like being fenced in when not necessary. I mounted her easily and started her off at a walk, eventually working us up to a fast gallop. Summer was getting fatter and healthier all at the same time. When I first saw her she was skinny, but now that I’d been working her out every day and feeding her well, she was becoming more and more beautiful than she already was. Summer and I rode and rode until one o’clock. After I had brushed her off and hosed her down, I let her out in the pasture with some fresh water and hay. Then, I checked my phone. Still no Jackson.
I walked back into the barn and there he was! I laughed. “You jerk!” I hit Jackson playfully. “Where have you been?”
“I’m sorry, love.” He kissed my forehead.

He helped me much out Summer’s stall and then fill it back up with clean shavings. Then, we sat down on the bench against the wall and listened to the radio play. He told me he’d been at work. Apparently his boss had been getting mad at him for miss so much. I blushed and apologized, knowing that he had been missing work because of me.

Hours later, Jackson held my hand as we climbed up the ladder and into the loft. It had become our spot. Most of the time we'd talk and kiss up there but somedays we'd just lay there in the hay, thinking about how wonderful the summer was going.
"I love you." Jackson said to me randomly as I sat down Indian style in front of him.
"oh really?" I tested him. I looked over him. He was wearing what he usually did. Blue jeans,
Boots, and a t-shirt. A look that I loved oh so much.
Jackson nodded. "yes."
"good" I laughed at his expression when he realized I hadn't said it back. "I love you!" I kissed him lightly on the lips.
He shook his head. "you're crazy"
"I know" I grinned.

We stayed up in the loft for sometime, until it turned dark and well after the stars had come out. I moved from the hay and to the small window that overlooked the pasture. I could barely make out Summer but she was there, running around and making fun of the moon. I rolled my eyes. She was definitely a silly one. Jackson came up behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "you're beautiful" he whispered in me ear, his small scuffle tickling my neck.
I giggled. "thank you"
Jackson kissed my neck and then my cheek.
I felt goosebumps run up my arms and a small tingle go throughout my back. I shivered. "let's rename the stars."
He chuckled. "rename the stars?"
"yes." I said in a for sure voice. I then pointed to the biggest star. "that one's name is Whisper."
"now where did you get a name like that?" he asked me obviously not understanding what I was doing.
"listen, where is your inner child!? We're having fun and we are renaming stars." I looked over my shoulder at him and stuck out my tongue.
He stuck his out too. "fine." he looked out the window and then pointed to a star. "that's Peter"
I smiled at him. "I think Peter suits him."

For another hour we counted and named the stars. It must've been eleven o'clock before we walked down the ladder and onto actual ground. Jackson kissed me with passion as soon as I got off the ladder. It took me by surprise but I didn't resist. Our tongues would meet every now and then. Jacksons hands ran all along my sides. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I no longer felt like we were two different people. We were one. Even though I would've loved to go on, I pulled back from Jackson. He was becoming too tempting.
"I have to put Summer in her stall." I told him in a hushed voice. I could feel my cheeks burning red.
He smiled, "okay" he set me back on the ground and watched as I ran off with a halter and lead rope.

The next few days Jackson and I did pretty much the same things we had been doing. Neither one of us brought up how we nearly crossed the line in the barn that night. It was like we'd both forgotten it. One day, Jackson and I loaded Summer into a trailer and drove her down to jackson's house so we could trail ride together. He rode Beauty. I hadn't seen him ride until then, and I must admit...it was a huge turn on just to see him saddle up. While we rode we talked about funny or scary "adventures" we'd been on. We rode for hours and hours. Summer wasn't like any other horse I'd ridden. I could tell that she not only trusted me with her heart but she was beginning to trust Jackson too. Now, she'd been a little jumpy and nervous but once we'd started riding she loosened up a bit.
When we got back to Jackson's barn we let the horses out into the pasture. I watched as Beauty followed Summer around, curious as ever. Rose just gave both of them a lazy "who cares" look and then went back to her hay. I smiled at them. Horses had always been my life, yet they never ceased to amazing me.
Jackson took me by the hands and walked me inside the house. I looked around, and then at him. "where are your parents?"
He gave me a sneaky grin. "they're gone. Dad had a business deal and mom went with him. They'll be back tomorrow."
I raised my eyebrow and kept my cool, despite the fact that my heart was beating hard. Jackson and I were in his house...alone.
Jackson went and made us sandwiches, which I laughed at because most boys are the ones telling the girls to make the food. As we ate I peered out the window.
"are you okay?" Jackson asked me, a worried look upon his sweet face.
"hmmm? Oh I'm fine."
Once we were finished with lunch Jackson and I went up to his bedroom to watch a movie. We put one of my favorites in; "the horse whisperer". I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me, giving me a kiss on the forehead. I felt safe.
By the middle of the movie he and I had stop watching the screen, we'd become more interested in each other. Jackson had pulled me below him and the heat was probably radiating off of us. Jackson pulled my shirt over my head and I helped him with his but as he fumbled with my belt I stopped him ad shook my head. "not now." I said.
He smiled and kissed me softly. "alright love"