Sequel: Horse Kisses
Status: There will be a sequel to this story, so keep reading!

Texas to Tennessee

Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

It was two weeks after Jackson and I had had his house alone and almost the end of summer. I hadn’t heard from him in a few hours and it wasn’t like him at all! So I took the truck out and went to the Barn Loft. He wasn’t there either. I asked Mary Lu if she knew where he was, she just shrugged and told me to check Dixie’s Tavern. She and I had been getting along better now that I knew Jackson had eyes for me and only me. I took her advice and drove down to the Tavern.
Now, looking back, I wonder if he would’ve told me about what had happened. My guess is he would have at some point, but I think it’s better I saw it with my own two eyes. I don’t regret that day and I wouldn’t change it.
I parked in the closest spot I could and walked through the Tavern’s door. The first thing I saw was something that would permanently hurt me. No amount of “sorry”s could fix this.

There I stood, in the doorway of Dixie's Tavern watching my boyfriend and my enemy kissing. Their lips touching. Their lips were touching! I felt my stomach drop and my face began to burn and I knew that if I stood there much longer I would start to cry, either that or rip Sadie to pieces. But still I stood there for another half second before marching up to them, my arms folded across my chest. Before I got there I watched as Jackson backed up his hands pushing Sadie away as she smiled that evil smile.

I ignored him when I got up to them. Ignored his "Texas!" and that stupid "it isn't what you think" line. My focus was on Sadie. Fear flashed through her eyes. "good" I thought. "she should be scared." I walked slowly up to her and in a split second, without even thinking twice about it, I slapped her as hard as I could. Those who were in the Tavern had gone silent and were now watching us, putting together the pieces. After slapping Sadie so hard that she had a beat read hand print embedded on her cheek, I whipped around to glare at Jackson. "you! You little ass!" I felt tears coming on so I raised my hands in surrender and ended it all. "we're done."

All good things come to an end they say. But I didn't think it would happen to us. To me. But I should've learned that lesson with my all that happened with my mom. I drove home from the Tavern with the radio blarring and the windows rolled down. I didn't cry either. As I got home I went to the barn and pulled my cell phone out. I had a special call to make.
Three rings and an answer.

"Chance? How long would it take you to get here?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is short, but I had to make it that way.