Sequel: Horse Kisses
Status: There will be a sequel to this story, so keep reading!

Texas to Tennessee

Chapter Nineteen

Something I learned this summer was that true love was possible and so was a broken heart. A real broken heart. I laid in my bed, looking out at the full moon and I replayed that summer in my head. Scenes of the hot kisses between Jackson and I, the wild, yet comforting rides I had on Summer played over and over. I looked over the stars as well, remembering the night where Jackson and I had counted them all, and had even renamed them. We'd fallen in love. Real, heart throbbing, nervous stomach, smiling faces, true love. How could I have let that go? I hadn't wanted to but something had changed in me. Seeing Jackson put his arm around Sadie... Oh I couldn't even think straight it had made me so mad. He swears that it was she who kissed him, but either way. I couldn't stand that hurt. So I had ended it and drove away without one glance in my rearview mirror. School was starting in a week and I couldn't be depressed for the first day of school. I had a plan. I would make new friends and forget all about my summer with Jackson. Yeah. That's what I would do.

I had called Chance and asked him to come down for a visit. He told me he’d jump on the next plane. Maybe calling him wasn’t the smartest idea, but I needed someone to be there for me and I knew that no matter what had gone down between us he would always have my back. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, a broken girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter of this book, but I'm going to begin the sequel soon. (: