Status: Active!

Three's A Crowd

Strut

I shook my hair out of it's clips as I watched Junior strut up to Puckerman's table. Absentmindedly, I licked my lips, giving him a good once over. Even I had to admit, the guy looked damn good in that jacket of his. Those muscles had been the cause of many-a-fantasies.

Hearing Eva suck in a quick breath when Junior tapped the 'Sexy Beast' on the shoulder forced a stiff chuckle past my lips. Getting all worked up and excited already. Tsk.

We had to strain to hear Junior's almost-soft voice over the dull roar hanging in the greasy smelling air. “Hello again, Sexy... I haven't stopped thinking about our little 'run in' the other day. You really are something else, babe.” Puckerman looked more dumfounded than his 'friends'. Slack-jawed and wide-eyed somehow looked charming on the guy. Much more than it did on his teammates. Eva snorted and began to giggle. I started thinking about how cruel this could potentially be; of course, that feeling was cut short when I remembered how crucial it was that Puckerman looses all power he has in this life-draining school. A smirk replaced my guilt. “I know a guy, if you're willing for another round.”

“The fuck is this fag talking about?” I didn't recognize the voice or the face the question belonged to; only the blank stare and sports jacket. Another football player. One too unimportant to remember the name to. Hardly mattered; he could be easily identified by a number.

Deciding it was the right time to step in, I stood, walking carelessly over to the scene, pretending to be reading something from my phone. “Hey kid, you'll never guess who just- Oops! I'm not interrupting anything important, am I?” I glanced around with mock-confusion, tucking my phone into my pocket as my eyes rested on Puck. He looked just as confused up close. “Oh! This is the one you were gushing about, isn't it? Quite the looker! Good choice!” I slung my arm around Junior's shoulders, starting to steer him away. “So sorry, I have to steal loverboy away from y'all!”

“You have my number, don't you, Sexy? Call me!” Shouted from over his shoulder, a tad louder than it needed to be, the only was to judge Puck's reaction was from Eva's face: her bright red, covered face. I'm guessing it was pretty damn satisfying! I'd need to milk it from her later.

“Come along, darling!” I tugged on Eva's sleeve, lifting her from her chair quickly enough that she almost couldn't pick up her lunch in time to bolt from the room. We could hear the argument behind us as we left.

Eva elbowed me sharply in the ribs. “I love you guys, oh my gosh!” Hardly able to stifle her giggles any longer. “I can't believe it!” A weight that had been holding her down earlier seemed to be lifted; this, above all else (even the satisfaction of fucking Puckerman over thoroughly) made me laugh.

“Quite the show, I suspect.” Junior sashayed away from us, swinging his hips with a proud swagger he'd no doubt picked up from me. “The Kerrigans never fail to put on a good show!” I snickered, kicking him in the back of the knee.

“You devious slut, I see how we're related more and more every day.” Junior stumbled, glaring at me over his shoulder. He would never let me hold the high ground by turning to face me.

“Hell of a teacher, I've had.”

“I second that!” Eva raised her free hand, grinning like a fool. “Mighty teacher, Jezebel turned out to be.” She smirked for a second, weighing whether or not to say what she did next: “Do all the children of the future a favour, though. Don't take it up professionally.”

Junior's snide laughing made me almost want to. But who am I kidding, I'd be too busy trying to pair up my students than trying to teach them. I laughed with the pair instead of dwelling further on it, stumbling drunkenly with Eva's mad giggles throwing us both off balance.

***

The bell had just rung when I told Eva I would try out for Glee. She was eyeing me suspiciously instead of battling overwhelming excitement. “You're not just saying it? You'll really do it.”

I rolled my eyes, popping a grape into my mouth, one I had jacked from Eva's lunch. “Of course I'm not just saying it. It's better than being alone in your house with Junior breathing down my neck. I love the kid to death, but he's still my kid brother; annoys the fuck out of me sometimes.” I stole another grape. Junior glared at me, standing to head off to class. Eva and I planned on skipping: we had that one supply teacher that was so old they had no business even trying to teach kids anything. Which, of course, they never actually did. This one has a habit of falling asleep while the students are 'working' on questions assigned. Questions Eva could bum off some kid in the class.

“Is that really the only reason you're trying out?” She raised an eyebrows, the edges of her lips twitching. And there's the Eva I know and love.

“Do you want me to say it's my love of show-tunes and performing?” I rolled my eyes again.
“We both know you love show-tunes.” She popped a grape into her mouth, chewing with more purpose than grape-eating warranted.

“I deny everything!” Shoving her lightly, I giggled.

“Yeah yeah...” Eva pulled her English books out of her bag- that she demanded we get from her locker before we headed outside. “Deny all you want. But you can't fight it. You're a dork, just like me.” I gasped, covering my mouth with what I called me 'dainty 50's movie hand', even though I was quite certain I was using the wrong year. I gave no fucks on the matter, however. I could just as easily call it my 'classy as fuck hand' and the point would still be made.

“Evangeline! Language! That is no word to express to undermine my utter superiority! What if the others hear such a word pass those lips of yours! Imagine the talk!”

“Oh Jezebel what was I thinking! The news will spread around our good town like wild fire!” Half surprised she joined me, and half surprised she managed to don a British accent, I nearly choked on my newest grape. “Seriously though. You're actually going to do it?”

“Yes! I'll try out on Monday. No use in trying out tonight. I want to get some practice in before the big day.” Eva opened her mouth, looking up from her books, that she had just laid out in front of her neatly. “Yes, I have a song picked. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is.” She glared up at me. I flicked my hair out of my eyes. “On a side note, I'm going to dye my hair tonight. Any colour suggestions?”

Eva paused thoughtfully, not looking back up from her books. She seemed particularity annoyed at a specific note about yet another Shakespeare play. I believe this one was Macbeth, judging by the talk of crows and babies. “We talking natural colours, or..?” She pressed her lips together.

“I'm not sure. I'm not going black; Junior will get his boxers in a knot. And I'm down right avoiding blonde. That Cheerio priss will think I'm ripping her off or some shit like that.”

Eva snickered, digging around in her bag. “I'm guessing you don't want a different shade of brown, either, hm?”

“Hell no! I want something that'll grab attention. And be sexy, of course. I'm thinking it's about time I get back in the business of playing with hearts. Gotta distract myself somehow, right?” Eva nodded, pressing her lips together in disapproval.

“How about you just get some dark red or something like that?” A slow grin spread across my lips. I leaned back into the grass, another plan, far more friendly than the last, forming in my head.

“That sounds perfect. We'll get the colour after school, today. Do you have Glee Club?” She shrugged, absorbed in her work. “Whatever. If you do, I'll stick around for you to be done. You have to help me pick out a shade. And you're in need of some lip gloss.” I smirked, knowing full well that most glosses annoy her. Something about her lips not being able to breathe, I think. Eva grunted.

Still grinning, I put in my earbuds, finding the song I intended to sing on Monday in my phone's playlist, putting the sucker on repeat to be sure I'd have the lyrics memorized by then. I wasn't entirely sure I would be able to sing the song in the first place. First of all; I doubt it would flatter my voice at all, seeing as I hadn't quite developed what I like to call my 'sexy smoker diva voice' as much as I would have liked. There were some higher parts, though, that sounded quite awesome when I sang them last, if I do say so myself... Secondly; it hit far closer to home than I would like. People might guess, but I had already made up my mind. I grunted and began humming 'Wheels on the Bus' just in case Eva thought to listen in attempts to figure out what I would be singing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp... Eight month since the last update. Sweet jezuz I'm sorry!