Alive With the Glory of Love

The Oneshot

I twirl my room key around my finger absent mindedly as I stare past my reflection and study the dark clouds that are currently invading the sky. Rain drops lazily made their way down the glass and I let my gaze follow the path of one.

A collection of laughs interrupts my thoughts and I tear my eyes away from the misty window to look at the group of men standing in the foyer. My eyes meet yours and we both smile. I silently make my way over to you and wrap my arms around your waist.

Later when we’re in our hotel room, naked and breathing deeply on damp sheets, a news article is being played on the cheap T.V. It’s almost on top volume, originally to mask any noise that we where making. Now it was so we could hear every detail.

The president is making a speech while a headline runs along the bottom of the screen.

The President’s War on Homosexuals.
”What does this mean?” You ask me, not taking your eyes of the blinking images.

”To us it means nothing. They can’t stand in the way of love. “

”What if they find out about us?”

”I won’t let them take you.”

These words seem to sooth you and we fall silent again. Awaiting more news.

***

We where back home now. Things have changed so much in the world. We have to hide our love, or face the consequences. Nobody could find out about us, or the fact that we share a house.

The mandatory government raids ment everybody was poor, our vast city had fallen as soldiers ripped apart people’s homes taking anything of value. Wallets, rings and even gold fillings where known to have been taken.

Everytime a raid was launched we would hurridly hide you. The floorboards would always be replaced over your head just as the door sprung open. I stood back and watched our home ripped apart by the loathsome government troops.

When they finally leave your face re-appears eyes lined with black and red, complaining of spiders and I always admire your features, which get more beautiful every single day.

And then, my favorite part. We make love, just to spite the harsh, corrupt world.
And we feel alive, alive with love tonight.

***

I wake as the door is slammed open, your eyes open too as shouts sound through the apartment. Heaving knocking sounds on the locked bedroom door and I look into your eyes, before pulling you into a deep kiss.

The plywood door gives in but we don’t stop. Curses and orders are yelled and still we continue.

We are suddenly pulled apart yet my eyes are still locked with yours.

The handcuffs are cold and dig into my skin and am led towards the door. “ I love you!” I scream at you, earning a hard punch to my head, but it’s worth it because I hear you return the saying.

***

I know that your not here. There are thousands of camps all over the country and I have no idea which you’re in, but it’s not this one.

They think of me as a threat. I am a rebel. The indoctrination does not effect me. I still dream of you. Your voice, your smile and your perfect eyes.

I do not doubt you, no matter how much time passes, I know you will remain strong. We will be re-united, if it’s on Earth or somewhere else I do not know.

And that’s when it hits me. My purpose.

I wont let you down.

I run towards the barbed wire. Towards the guns and dogs, gunshots and raised voices scream at me before I am stopped dead in my tracks.

Your love will fill me, as warm as the bullets.

Black invades my vision and I see your face. I leave my pain filled body and move closer towards you.

We link hands and we grin because now, nothing can stop us. This war was worth it, the fight to be united forever, and it feels so good.

We’re alive with the glory of love.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has been cross posted, and feedback is loved xo