Status: on going.

Forever Young

Kick

The rest of the school day passed quickly and before they knew it, it was all ready 6:00pm.

Matt had been getting ready for the last hour, showering, doing his hair, choosing clothes. Anyone would think he was a girl if they saw him rushing around like this! He was going on a date with Zack Merrick! He had to look perfect. Of course Alex and someone was joining them but he was more getting ready for Zack.

Jack had been ready an hour ago, he was sitting on his bed crossed legged, biting his finger nails, nervous of the night ahead. He had drunk 8 glasses of water since he had got home, he felt like he was going to be sick. Jack hadn't seen Matt since lunch, he was unsure if he knew that him and Alex were going out with them.

Zack had been grooming himself who the last 30 minutes, it didn't take him long to look good. He showered when he got home and washed his hair, he didn't need to do anything to it since it dried straight. He got dressed and put in his nose piercing. Zack was ready for 6:15, Time to pick up Matt, he took one last look at himself then left to pick up his date.

Alex had been getting ready for an hour, like Matt. He didn't want to make people think he was a scruff, like they would ever think that anyway. He wanted to make a good impression on Matt and Jack, seeing as he didn't know them very well. It came up to 6:30, Alex got into his car and drove to Jack's house, he got the directions from Matt earlier.

Matt was sitting in the front room, staring out the window, keeping an eye out for Zack. His eyes flickered to the clock every minute checking the time. Just as the clock struck 6:30 a car stopped at the front of the drive, then a honk sounded.

Matt grinned as he saw Zack was in the drivers seat, he shouted a quick goodbye to his mum and dad, and ran out of the door. There was a slight spring in his step as he jumped from the steps of his house.

He calmly walked towards the car, trying to hold in the massive grin that kept trying to come on his face. Matt opened to the car to find a smiling Zack.

"Hey", Zack said.

"Hey", Matt answered, trying to keep his happiness under control. It's been forever since he's gone out on a date, he couldn't help but to be happy, he didn't want to seem too happy though.

"So where did Alex say we are meeting him tonight?", Matt asked, trying to get a conversation going.

"A nice little restaurant downtown, it's quite small but trust me, you'll love it", Zack said with a smile on his face. They talked about anything and everything on the ride there and Matt loved it, he didn't know how long it had been since he's been this comfortable.

Alex picked Jack up around 6:35, he didn't want to seem to eager, but not too late. When Jack saw Alex's car, nervous was an understatement.

"Hello", Jack said as he got into the car, trying not to seem to uptight.

"Hey, looking good", Alex complimented, Jack let out a small 'hmm' and tried to keep down the blush.

Not much words were exchanged after that, just glances between the two.

-

When Alex and Jack arrived they walked in to find Matt and Zack already sitting at the table, across from each other.

Alex walked over to them, patting Zack on the back before walking around the table again to sit next to Matt. Jack followed behind, when Matt saw him, his mouth dropped. His look soon turned into a smirk and a nod.

"Hey", Matt said to Alex and Jack as they took they're seats.

"Hello", Jack said quietly.

They all exchanged hello's and how are you'?. They each grabbed a menu and scanned them, searching for something they wanted to eat.

"So, what kind of music are you into?", Alex turned to Matt, giving him a friendly smile.

"Blink 182, stuff like that", Matt replied, Alex let out a huge grin.

"Me too! They're so awesome, I have everyone of they're albums and I've seen them some times before!", Alex rambled on.

"No way! You've seen them! I was always away when they toured near me", Matt explained. The two continued to talk about music, which soon turned on too their favorite films and other things.

Zack kicked Alex's legs from underneath the table, Alex let out a yelp and glared at Zack.

"Hey Alex, would you mind coming with me a sec, I need to show you something", Zack said as he signaled Alex to follow him.

Both boys walked into the bathroom, Zack still glaring at Alex.

"What the hell are you doing?", Zack asked raising his voice.

"Nothing", Alex tried to act all innocent.

"Matt's my date and your all over him! What about Jack?! You have him to talk to! We have been sat here for god knows how long while you two have been close to sucking each others face off!".

"We're just talking, there is no harm in that! I didn't know you were the jalousie type anyway Zack", Alex smirked as he caught Zack out.

"I'm not OK, just, lay off him or something OK?".

"OK, OK", Alex laughed as he walked out, Zack followed behind him.

They sat back down at the table, Matt and Jack smiled at the boys, knowing there was now tension between them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Day, Another Chapter.
Thanks for reading!
Comment? :)
x