Late at Night...

10

Chapter 10:
Abbie’s POV:
After the two vampires, or whatever they were left, I was almost in a state of shock. I was so scared. It reminded me of a song Jess had played to me multiple times before. It was by Linkin Park, and I only remembered a little:
I can’t hold on, it’s all too much to take in, I can’t hold on, thoughts of failure sinking in.
That’s pretty much the extent of knowledge on the song, actually, that’s pretty much the extent of my knowledge of Linkin Park. I can’t remember what the song’s called.
Anyways enough about that band I’d heard only a few times in my life, now where was I? Oh yes, that’s right, about to go into shock after two vampires, one being a celebrity, by the way, just appeared in one of my best friend’s bedroom and knows all of our names and whispers secretive things to the vampire chick he was with.
I fell into the comforts of Jess’s bed, letting it catch me as I free-fell onto it.
This time, Jess and Sonny didn’t sit down on the bed with me and try to talk me back into sanity. They simply stayed standing where they were, exchanging confused glances.
After a few minutes, Sonny took a seat at the computer and opened google search.
“What are you doing?” I asked him. Which was pretty stupid, what did I think he was going to do, start playing an online game of some sorts?
“Looking up vampires.” He said calmly. More calm than I was.
I was surprised how calm Sonny and Jess actually were. Especially Jess, who’d had a celebrity vampire scream right into her face.
If that had have been me I’d have been fainted, lying unconscious on the floor right now. But then again, I probably wouldn’t have said anything in the first place, like she did.
Jess walked over to the computer as Sonny clicked on a link. She took a seat on the spare chair and watched the screen change from the google search results to a black page with white writing and headings written in a red, blood-like font.
It had a bunch of writing too small for me to read from here.
I ignored it and rolled over, shutting my eyes. I felt for some reason like if I closed my eyes I could make it all go away. Erase this nightmare.
I did fall asleep. Jess and Sonny did not wake me, letting me sleep. I know I was sleeping because I had another nightmare…
I walked around the dark room. I could not see anything. I heard a noise behind me. I turned.
Nothing.
I heard a noise again, from the opposite direction and turned again.
Nothing.
I heard no noise and turned at a normal speed around again. I stopped dead in my tracks when I was greeted by that of Gerard Way, the vampire.
“Abbie.” He hissed. “I am getting closer. You know it. There is no point denying it, you stupid girl.”
I turned to run in the opposite direction but he appeared in front of me there too.
“You can’t escape Abbie!” He said, his voice rising.
I turned the other direction and ran but this time he didn’t follow.
“You can run but you can’t hide!” He yelled, completing his sentence with an evil laugh.
I ran into the darkness, as if it would shield me. I knew it wouldn’t work. Nothing worked anymore.