Late at Night...

11

Chapter 11:
Abbie’s POV:
I woke up after the nightmare to Jess and Sonny looking at me.
“Another nightmare?” Jess asked, however it was clear she knew the answer was yes.
“Yes.” I replied simply, getting off the bed.
“You were mumbling parts of words.” She told me.
I nodded. I put my hands to my hair and felt it messy again.
“I’m gonna go fix my hair. Be right back.” I said, heading out of Jess’s room.
Jess’s POV:
After Abbie left the room, Sonny and I decided we’d had enough looking up vampires for one day so we turned the computer off and turned on the good old TV.
We lay on my bed, watching the TV for about 10 minutes before either of us said anything. Abbie still wasn’t back yet. I figured I’d give her about 10 minutes because knowing her she’d want her hair to be perfect as always.
“Abbie’s still not back yet. Do you think we should-” I began.
“Give her a few more minutes.” Sonny replied, cutting me off mid-sentence.
We waited about another 3 minutes before I got off the bed and began walking out of my room. Sonny followed.
I got to the bathroom door and knocked fairly loudly. Certainly loud enough for her to hear. She didn’t open up.
“Abbie” I called, knocking again. Still no answer.
Sonny took over, attempting to open the door. It was locked. He walked off somewhere and returned with some tools to pick the lock.
He opened the door and I ran in. She was nowhere to be seen. Sonny and I searched the house but couldn’t find her. I dialled her number. I knew her parents were at work and she’s an only child, so she’d be the only one there if that is where she went. Though the chances were pretty slim of her leaving and not even bothering to mention it to Sonny or I.
I started to get a bit freaked out when there was no answer at her place either. I didn’t know where she’d gone.
Sonny told me to go get a drink and calm down a little while he kept searching.
I obeyed him and went the kitchen. I found a clean glass and sat it on the counter, then turned to the fridge, getting out the orange juice. Mmm, ‘Golden Glow’ brand orange juice. My favourite.
I drank the golden glow orange juice pretty fast. I usually don’t drink fast so I’m guessing it was the nerves. It did calm me down a bit though.
That is quite strange actually since golden glow usually gives me an energy burst.
Anyways, after the drink I sat the glass in the sink and found Sonny again.
I’d just thought of one of the most obvious solutions. Well, actually I didn’t have enough pieces of it for it to be a solution, but it was something that could get us closer to the solution.
“Gerard. Gerard Way, he’s got to have something to do with it.” I told Sonny.
“Yeah, but what?” Sonny asked. He paused, thinking, before speaking again. “What if he kidnapped her or something. You know, took her back to his lair or something because we kept interfering.” Sonny suggested.
“If he thinks that’s gonna stop us he’s wrong.” I said, a hint of anger and determination evident in my voice.