Late at Night...

12

Chapter 12:
Abbie’s POV:
“Let go of me!” I screamed at Gerard. He ignored me and tied ropes around my wrists. He then tied the ropes that were attached to my wrists around a column, pole thing that was in the cave like place.
“Abbie, you have been foolish. Very foolish. If you hadn’t have gotten other people involved this never would have happened.” Gerard began.
I glared at him before he continued.
“First Zanita. That was bad enough. Kind of pathetic though, wasn’t it? Telling a pathetically innocent girl about something too frightening for you to handle? Far too frightening for her, too.” He took a few steps closer to me, caressing my cheek.
“And then Sonny and Jess. Great help telling all those people did, hey? Look where you are now! You can’t escape! Oh, and did I mention I took another little hostage?” Gerard said as the other vampire, Emma, walked in, dragging Zanita with her.
“Zanita!” I yelled. Gerard smirked.
“Abbie!” Zanita replied, the fear on her face showing through, crystal clear.“Enough chit chat girls. I believe it’s now time for Gerard and I to leave, yes?” Emma said. The sight of her fangs sickened me. She tied Zanita up to a column pole thing about ten metres from where I was, the same way I’d been tied up.
“Correct, Emma. See you girls later.” Gerard said, revealing his fangs to me. He left the room with an elegant walk. I glanced at Emma. Her walk was elegant to. A classic vampire trait, perhaps. Wait what am I saying, I’m talking like I-
I’m talking like the truth, I cut myself off.
I was scared, but having Zanita their calmed me a bit.
That was an awful thing to say, I take that back! I brought poor Zanita into this whole thing. She didn’t deserve to be here, in this dark cave like place, in the company of me and vampires.
“Zanita, how long have you been here?” I asked one of my best friends.
“It’s hard to say. Roughly 10 hours.” She replied.
“10 hours! Have you been fed at all?” I asked, worried for her health.
“Yeah, they fed me a few hours ago, not blood thankfully.” She said, trying to shake her blondish brownish coloured hair off her face without the aid of her hands.
“So you know they’re-” She cut me off.
“Vampires. Yeah. Abbie, I’m scared.” She confided.
“Me too. Zanita, I’m so sorry.” I apologized.
“It’s not your fault. You didn’t know you’re dreams were so-That vampires were-That telling-” She said, not finishing her sentences, repeatedly cutting herself off.
“No, it is my fault, and I am so sorry Zanita, I didn’t mean to, I didn’t know.” I said, on the verge of tears. I managed somehow to hold them back.
We didn’t get a chance to say anything more because Emma returned.
“I heard more chit chat. What did I say about that?” She asked, walked towards us but about twenty metres from either of us.
“NO MORE!” She screamed, right in front of me in the space of a milli-second.
“I suppose you humans need to eat.” She said, disappearing out of sight again. Zanita and I didn’t dare speak to each other again. She returned in about a minute later with two trays filled with human food.
Human food? I’m referring to food as human food now? Abbie you are seriously losing it….
Emma supervised us while we ate, our hands freed. Once we’d finished she tied us back up and left without another word.
Zanita was exhausted and sat down, leaning against the pole she was tied to and slept.
I stood in the cold cave and though Zanita was merely ten metres away, I had never felt more alone and afraid in my life.