Late at Night...

15

Chapter 15:
Abbie’s POV:
Emma had taken me away from my friends. I was alone now, she had left the room. It was a small room, dark mahogany walls and dark mahogany floorboards to match. It had no furniture except two chairs, one which I was sitting on. A dark, creepy looking painting hung on the wall, and it sent a shiver down my spine.
Emma returned a moment later with a book.
Didn’t know vampires liked to read…
Wait a minute the title is “Everything A Vampire Needs To Know About Transformations”
Transformations, what the…wait a second, transformations, like from human to vampire? What? What! Who were they going to transform? Jess, Sonny, Zanita? All of them? I didn’t want any of them to be a vampire!
But I knew the answer was most likely me because I had been the one this had all happened to in the first place, I’d just dragged them three into it.
I looked down and nervously fiddled with my fingers. When I looked up again, Emma was staring at me, her eyes looking evil.
A high pitched sound was heard and Emma was gone in an instant, the book dropped to the ground with a loud thud, seeing as it was so thick, and I reached down to pick it up.
Sonny’s POV:
Gerard reached out and put his hand on Jess’s shoulder. She attempted to shake it off, but his hand wouldn’t budge. He slowly began lowering his head to her neck, and I saw his fangs grow as he did so.
The sharp tips of his fangs were only a few centimetres away from her skin when Emma arrived and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He turned around, looking ravenous, and Emma shook her head.
He pulled away from Jess and Emma looked towards Zanita’s body.
“She was getting on my nerves. I had no use for her anymore.” Gerard said.
I looked at Jess. She was glaring at him. I’d honestly never seen her so mad in all the time I’ve known her. But I guess if you were going to be mad about something this is pretty much the top of the list…

Abbie’s POV:
I grasped the book in my hands, I looked at the front page. I couldn’t read it, it was in a foreign language. I looked at the door, hey, it’s not shut properly!
I ran to the door, not that I had to run far in this small room, and flung the door open. I began to run down the corridor. Ok, so I had no idea where I was going, but how big could this place be?
I reached the first corner and stopped suddenly when I heard the two voices, talking in another language. I peered around the corner and saw two vampires, it was obvious by their appearances, walk down the corridor and turn into a room.
Whoa, I had to be more careful.
I ran in the opposite direction, cautious, yet fast and silent.
I found the familiar room I’d been tied in before, the room I’d left the others in. I bolted straight in, probably not the best idea, but I wasn’t exactly thinking straight.
I’ve felt bad a lot of times before in my life. When I saw a cow that had been mauled by my cousin’s dogs (or so we think), when one of my friends moved away and we lost contact, when the girls at school gave me a hard time (except Zanita and Jess), plus a lot more situations like that.
What I realised, at this moment, was that all that stuff had been stupid, pathetic stuff to waste my time worrying or being sad over.
That didn’t compare to seeing one of my best friends ever lying dead on the ground, so close to me, yet so far.
I ran to her, no need to check her pulse when I met Jess’s eyes. They told me everything I needed to know.
Zanita was dead.
Though you’re dead and gone believe me, you’re memory will carry on
I remember that line from a My Chemical Romance song Jess had played at least a thousand times, so I’d heard it at least a hundred.
Tears flowed down my cheeks at the speed of light and I began to shake more than an atom.
I collapsed to the ground.
I couldn’t be strong like Jess and Sonny.
I was weak and pathetic.
They still had it together and they’d seen her…her…I can’t finish it.
See, that’s how weak I am. I can’t even say the word die. Oh, I just said it…
I looked up through my blurring, teary vision and saw Gerard’s teeth graze Jess’s neck.
I screamed “No!!!!!!!!!!!” and then lost consciousness from all the events…