Late at Night...

16

Chapter 16:
Sonny’s POV:
I noticed Abbie collapse, but didn’t focus on that. Strange, a being falls to the ground and I don’t take it in. Maybe it was because my best friend had a vampire about to suck her blood.
I struggled, trying to weaken the ropes, break them or something. I saw Gerard’s fangs touch Jess’s neck, I saw the dint they were making in her skin. I somehow miraculously undid the ropes and my hands were free, I attacked Gerard, and his fangs retracted as I fought with him.
I didn’t like my chances, a vampire verse a human, but what could I do? I had an idea. It was a real long shot, but it could work. Emma had left again, dammit, she didn’t seem to approve of Gerard randomly killing people, so I was alone here.
Well not technically alone since there were two other people here, but neither of them could help me in this situation.
I grabbed the rope I’d been tied up with and flung it at Gerard, hitting him directly between his eyes. He flinched back slightly, that I was shocked at.
I did this fancy manoeuvre with the rope and got it around Gerard’s neck, and pulled tightly. That sixth grade camp actually turned out to have useful knowledge. I tied him to one of the many poles, the rope still around his neck. I pulled tighter, tighter, he was making noises in pain and then I heard a voice over Gerard’s cries. It was Jess’s. She was telling me to stop. I did. I realised why she wanted me to stop. Sure he was bad and he killed Zanita, but if I killed him (if it is even possible to kill a vampire with a rope) I would be as bad as him. Ok, so I wouldn’t, he’s a vampire, he’s killed loads of people, but also I think the emotional scarring would be pretty bad. And his noises would probably alert the other vampires. So yeah it wasn’t such a good idea.
Instead I ran to Jess and untied her and we both ran to Abbie. She was unconscious on the ground. I looked at Jess and obviously she was thinking what I was thinking.
I lifted Abbie off the ground and we began to make our way out of this place, or at least try to.
Jess ran ahead, checking the corners in the corridors as we went, checking to make sure they were clear of vampires. We got around a few corners before we saw any, one vampire, heading in our direction. We ran back a little but that was useless, there was nowhere we could hide.
Jess and I were thinking the same thing, well we only really had one option, so that’s why.
I sat Abbie down and leaned her against a wall, and Jess and I hid behind the corner, waiting for the vampire to appear. Sure enough the vampire came round the corner and we attacked.
Humans attacking vampires, now that’s new.
I grabbed out at his arms and held them so he couldn’t hold us. It was a dude, so Jess kicked him where it hurts.
He fell to the ground, obviously humans and vampires have something in common after all. I riskily open a nearby door and luckily it was empty (of vampires). We throw him in there and shut the door again.
Our work is done, well one small bit is, we go back for Abbie but find her body gone. Fuck.