Late at Night...

Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Jess’s POV:


It was night time now. I was on the computer. I was on INO. I decided I’d sign into messenger to see if any of my friends were online. Ah. Abbie was.

.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: Hey Abbie! What’s happening.

*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: Nothing Jess.

.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: Abbie! What’s with you tonight? You’re usually hyper on MSN!

*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: Oh it’s nothing.

.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: *Sarcasm* Oh yeah, I’m sure. Tell me.

*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: I can’t tell you over MSN…

.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. says: O-k…I can come over. I’ll be at your place in ten.

*~*~*Abbsta*~*~* says: K. Bye.

.x.Jess.Caffeine.Addict.x. has signed out.

Abbie’s POV:

Jess was coming over now. I decided I was going to tell her about the dreams. I felt I had to. Funny, how I was so confident right up until the second she walked in my bedroom. I knew she was waiting for me to speak, to explain.

“So, Abbie, what is it?” she asked.

I didn’t answer for a few moments.

“Abbie?” she asked again.

“Uh, well, you see I just thought I should tell you that I’m thinking of doing my cooking project on cupcakes. You know I love cupcakes.” That was the lamest excuse EVER.

“Uh huh, yeah, that’s a good reason to call me all the way over here,” she said sarcastically.

“All the way over here? You live on the same street as me,” I defended.

“Yeah, a street with no streetlights and you’re house isn’t the nicest one to find in the dark with all the trees and the bendy driveway that stretches back a couple of hundred metres before your house,” she said. “Why’d I have to know that anyway?”

“Well, uh, I know you like cupcakes, and I, uh, wanted to see if you were planning to do your project on cupcakes.” I am so lame.

“No, I wasn’t. Goodnight Abbie,” she said, leaving again.

“Bye,” I replied.

As soon as she left the room I sat down on my bed, hugging myself. I drifted off to the land of nod, still dressed fully in my day clothes and not pyjamas. When I woke up it was after another nightmare. I had now seen what I had become, what I had transformed into in the nightmare. And it wasn’t pretty.