Late at Night...

5

Chapter 5:
Abbie’s POV:
I walked through the dark night, the umbrella shielding me from the rain. I was afraid. The last time I’d walked alone at night was in my nightmares. I was very jumpy. In the silence of the night I heard a twig snap. I looked around me. Oh Abbie, you’re so silly. It was a twig breaking! It was probably just a furry, happy little animal of some sorts.
“Stop it Abbie. You’re all wrong. You’re lying to yourself. You know it. You know what you are to become.” A voice hissed.
I ran. Hard. Faster than I ever had before, as fast as my legs would possibly let me go. THAT time I know I wasn’t dreaming. While running I found the time to pinch myself multiple times. I was awake.
Jess’s POV:
When Abbie arrived she was panting. I had gone downstairs to let her in, and Sonny accompanied me. None of us said anything until we were back up in my room, and had shut the door. I noticed Abbie locked it, then checked it was locked again. She sat on the bed and began to cry. Not tears of sadness, but more of fear.
“Abbie what happened?” I asked, worrying.
“Voices.” She replied through sobs. Sonny and I exchanged worried glances.
“Voices, what the fuck?” Sonny asked.
“It was like in my nightmares.” Poor girl she could hardly get her words out. “But it was real.”
I brushed my hair off my face with my hand and sat on the other side of the bed. Sonny mirrored me, brushing away his hair then sitting down, taking the position next to me.
“Abbie, these dreams, what were they?” I asked, resting a hand on her knee.
“I’ve had them every night, and believe me, they’re not dreams, they’re nightmares. They’re like a series and every night there’s a new episode.” She explained, looking me in the eye.
“What happened in tonight’s one?” I asked.
“I was a…a…vampire.” She said, eyes wild with fear. “On my way over here, someone was talking to me. But there was no one there. Trust me guys, I wasn’t imagining it, someone was there, but they weren’t there. I don’t know, I must sound crazy.”
Sonny placed an arm around my neck. He knew this was hard for me.
“I’ve got to go to the bathroom, besides, I really should clean myself up in there too. I must look like a mess.” She got up and left the room.
As soon as the door shut I leant into Sonny. “Jess…” He said soothingly.
“It’s Abbie! Abbie, innocent Abbie! Look at her Sonny! Fucking look at her! She’s a wreck. I’ve never seen her like this before. I’m scared for her.” I said, struggling to keep my voice quiet while expressing my emotions.
Sonny wrapped his arms around me harder. I rested my head on his shoulder. “I’ve never seen her scared like this except for when we watch horror movies…except she’s like a million times less scared.” He softly kissed the top of my head before I sat up, using my own body to hold myself up. Abbie had re-entered the room and I didn’t want to let her see my fear for her. Sonny’s arm was around my the back of my neck again though, but the only difference was we were a little closer now, since I hadn’t had a chance to move that far away from him.
“Jess, Sonny, I’m sorry to dump all this on you.” Abbie said, sitting back down on the bed.
“Abbie, it’s ok. You had to tell someone about this. But ok, you know what you look really tired so how about you climb in here and get some sleep, and we can work this out in the morning, well, later this morning.” I suggested, motioning to the bed. She nodded weakly. I pulled back the blankets and she climbed in and fell almost instantly to sleep.
I got up and turned the computer off. Sonny and I laid on the other side of my queen sized bed and watched the TV for a while longer, with the volume low so Abbie could sleep soundly…