The More You Chase It

Press Refresh

December 27th, 2010
[James]

James,
I’m sorry I haven’t gotten back to you since my birthday. Christmas is always a hectic time, and frankly I’m not sure what I’m supposed to say. Thank you for the flowers. I really did love them.
It’s probably time for us to talk, huh?
I was thinking sometime next week we could meet at that spot by the water? I don’t have class until January so most days are fine for me.

Thanks again for the flowers,
Daisy


The open window on my laptop screen seemed like a joke. The flowers had actually worked? After the first few days without hearing from her I thought that was it. I was sure of it. But now? I finally got my response and I didn’t know what to feel. This was good. It had to be, it’s what I wanted. Of course it was. It was great. I was just surprised. The feeling of shock inhibited my ability to bother with standard e-mailing conventions. I just typed my quick response. No salutation or valediction, just exactly what I wanted her to know.

I can be in the city on Tuesday, how does 11am sound?

I stared at the screen after it sent. I pressed refresh again and again but there were no new messages. Sometimes I wish friendships had a refresh button. It would be so much easier to fix this. Then, finally, my phone vibrated.

That sounds fine

And I felt stupid for e-mailing her what I could have texted her. But more importantly I felt nervous just at the sight of her name on my phone for the first time in so long.

Alright see you then
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the past couple of chapters haven't been the best. I've been trying to get some out while writing essays and studying for finals. I'll try to step it up.
And, as always, I love feedback.