Status: On hold

Care Free

A Date

Everything in my closet looks wrong. Every single thing. I even tried on the little blue dress that my mom had bought me for this "classy dinner" we went out to once. The dress was pretty and everything but I didn't want to over dress. I didn't know what to wear exactly. The Abbey wasn't an extremely nice restaurant...it was more fast food but not really. Like Subway.

I finally settled on just wearing a yellow, low-cut shirt over a black under-shirt and my short-shorts. I looked good.

"Mother!" I skipped downstairs. If that was possible...I guess you can't literally skip downstairs.

"What?" She asked, sounding annoyed. She got home early on Thursdays, of course she would give me a ride.

"I need a ride," I smiled, hoping, praying that she would take me. That was the last thing I needed: Me having to cancel because my mom wouldn't give me a ride. How lame.

"No." She said, flatly.

"What! Mom! No! I need it, please, please, please! It's a date!" I played the sympathy card.

"Oh why didn't you say so in the first place? I go to work all day and come home to get up off my butt and drive my daughter to a date. Get your own license."

"No need to be sarcastic. Fine. I'll walk." I headed towards the door, knowing very well I wasn't going to walk.

"Don't get in anyone's car!" She yelled after me.

"Mom, please!" I turned around and fell to my knees, dramatically.

"Wow." She stared at me. "Just wow. If I ever acted like this towards my mother--"

"Yeah, I know she would kick your ass and lock you in your room." I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly. Get your butt in the car." She stood up and grabbed the keys. I squealed and ran out to the car.

We pulled up to The Abbey just as Shane was getting out of his car. Yeah, I said it. He has his own car. I was completely in love. And a little embarrassed that I didn't even have a license.

"Hey Shane!" I smiled big. He was lookin' soo fine. He had on a bright blue collared shirt. What a classy guy.

"Hey sexy." I almost died right then and there. With all the experience I had with guys in the past I shouldn't have been this "weak-in-the-knees" around him. But he called me sexy on our first date. I had a right.

"Oh, I'm sexy huh?" I snorted out a laugh and he gave me a weird look. I was such an idiot.

"Let's just go inside." He smiled, trying to ease the awkwardness of the situation. I wanted to shoot myself in the head. I didn't have a gun though.

We sat down in a booth near the window in the front.

"What can I get for you?" A waitress asked. Let me give you a mental picture of this so-called waitress: Picture the absolute prettiest girl you know...times that by ten. No, make that twenty. Throw some double-D breasts on her, cinch her waist down to a size perfect and make her hair pin-straight and a beautiful brunette color. That was the waitress that was going to serve us. Lucky me.

Shane looked up her, pausing a little too long for my liking. "Can I have a chicken sandwich?"

"Sure," The waitress winked. I almost shanked her. "And you?"

"I'll have some fries." I said.

"Anything to drink?" She looked at Shane, not at me.

"Sure, a large Sprite to share." He looked at me, "If that's all good with you?"

I couldn't help myself from smiling. "Yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
Date outfit :)