Status: On hold

Care Free

Have Him

Shane brought me home later that night. In his car. I couldn’t help but feel awesome as we drove down the street, I secretly hoped someone I knew would see me.

I don’t think anyone did.

I’d say the goodbye he gave me was…less than pitiful. Here’s how it went:

“So, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” he’d said.

And I go, “Well, I guess so.”

“Okay. Bye, Alonna. I had a nice time.” He had smiled at me in an awkward way.

“Bye, Shane.” I got out of his car as slowly as I could, hoping he would try to stop me to kiss me. He never did.

That was our goodbye. No kiss on the cheek, no kiss on the lips, not even a hug. I had expected more but I should be grateful that I even got to go on a date with him.
He was way out of my league. I caught myself staring at him all the time and I couldn’t even help it. It was almost like he had me under a spell that I couldn’t break.

“How’d it go?” My mom asked when I walked in the door. Why she was still up, I didn’t know.

“It was fine,” I said and shrugged.

“Seriously?” She shut her laptop. I wondered if she watched porn. Probably.

“Yeah, why?” I asked.

“Because he was hot!” She said and I whipped my head around to look at her.

“Um, mom…” I started off slowly. “What. The. Hell?”

“I don’t know if you noticed this, Alonna, but your boyfriend,” she laughed and whistled. “Does not look his age. If I wasn’t married to your father…”

“Shut up!” I screamed and ran to my room. I could hear her laughing. What a freaking nerd.

I took out my laptop and went to Shane’s profile right away. I wanted to do a little picture looking.

I pulled up the first picture and…WOW. I had no words for this describing this guy. I loved looking at pictures because you can look closely at someone without looking like a complete creep.
So I stared at Shane in pictures. You definitely couldn't tell he was from California, he was sort of pale. That was for sure, and his dark hair was a pretty long. Cut perfectly. His face was cute, but also had that hot-factor. I didn’t exactly know what the hot-factor was, or even if there was such thing as a hot-factor. If there was though, he would have it. He also had this cute smile, he had incredibly white teeth, and perfectly pink lips. I never knew what it meant to “light up a room” when you smiled, I knew what it meant now.

In the picture, I could see he had a piercing in his left ear. Was that the gay ear? I had to Google it, and when it came up that the right ear was supposed to be the “gay ear”, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I thought of the gorgeous, slutty waitress and almost wished he was gay.

I turned off my laptop and crawled into my blanket. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow when I could see him again.

In the morning, at school, I had to drag myself to get off the bus. First of all, I was embarrassed I had to even ride that thing. Secondly, I was tired. I pulled my wallet out of my back pack and went in the school to buy some coffee.

"How many shots?" The lady asked.

"Three," I said. I played it safe, I didn't know if you could get more than three so I stuck with the maximum that I knew of.

"Late night?" She laughed. All I could do was nod. She handed me my coffee and I went to sit down next to my locker. I didn't even care if people thought I was a loser, I didn't want to go hang out with anyone. I was exhausted.

The next thing I knew, the bell rang and I groaned. I had no drive to get up at all.

"Come on." A hand reached down and pulled me up. Logan. I fell into his arms and my a drop of coffee splashed out of the tiny hole on the top, onto his arm.

"Ah! Fuck!" He pulled away and laughed.

"I'm sorry!" I covered my mouth with my hand to suppress a giggle.

"It's okay, come to class with me," he said. I didn't even resist when he grabbed my hand. For the first time in my life, I was actually glad to have Logan in my first period. He gave me the rest of his coffee too and by the end of the period I was pretty much normal.

"Feeling better?" He asked as we walked to the next class.

"Oh yeah, definitely. Thanks, Logan." I smiled a genuine smile.

"No problem, love." He kissed me on my head. Why the crap was he being so sweet to me? It was weird.

I saw Shane at the end of the hall and started to run to catch up with him, I stopped short when a girl grabbed his arm and starting smiling all big.

"Never mind, then," I said outloud and kept walking to my second period.

All the way until lunch, I didn't talk to Shane. I didn't even see him for that matter...

"Al!" I heard Celice's voice and turned around. Finally, someone that won't act weird.

"Don't call me Al." I grimaced.

"Whatever," she said. "Where's Logan and Shane?"

"Why?" I snapped.

"Whoa!" She covered her heart with her hand, mocking me. "PMS-ing much?"

"Wow, dude, not the right time. Sorry I snapped."

"Wait, what do you mean? What's going on?" she asked.

"Shane sort of...well, he asked me out last night and we went on a date." I looked at my shoes, knowing she was about to explode.

"What," She didn't say it as a question so I knew there was more coming. "The hell were you thinking!? You knew I liked him, Alonna! That's not fair!"

"Dude, calm your tits."

"Shut up."

"I'm serious, I don't want him anymore, have him." I said it matter-of-factly.

"Uh, you're scaring me." She frowned with one eye brow.

"Eh," I shrugged my shoulders. "He's not really my type, I realized. I'm sure you two would make a great couple though." I elbowed her in the arm and winked. I didn't want to tell her about the waitress so she could keep liking him. I didn't want to ruin it for her.

"How can he not be your type?"

"I don't know...just..." I trailed off, I didn't even know what to say. None of this was true. He was my type. I didn't want to give him up to her, but I doubted he was mine in the first place. Plus, I didn't want her to be mad at me, and I knew she would if she knew that I "stole" him away.

"Huh, well here he comes, all mine baby!" She shook her boobs toward him and I rolled my eyes. Sometimes she could just be plain embarrassing.