***ous Secrets

Chapter 1

Chapter one:

The bright morning light shone through the old house that was home to eight friends. Eight friendships that stretch back into the earliest of high school, some even earlier. The eight friends were aged 21-25 and shared an old home in a reasonably small town.

The early morning rays graced the kitchen where two of these friends were.

“Morning Georgia,” Lachlan said, his brown hair shining from the sun.

“Can you hand me an aspirin?” Georgia asked, wiping her forehead.

“Out last night, hey?” Lachlan asked, casually handing Georgia the requested aspirin.

“Yeah. Drank way too much,” Georgia said, fixing herself a glass of water. She took a sip, then placing the aspirin in her mouth, took another sip, then swallowed.

“I’m going to lie down," Georgia said, wandering slowly back up the stairs.

Lachlan was not shocked by his friend’s hangover. She had them fairly often. Georgia was not addicted to alcohol, or partying for that matter, but she definitely enjoyed a good time. She partied the most out of the eight of them, much more than any of the others. She had a few party animal friends who she went out with for a night of drinking, dancing, getting boys phone numbers, and general partying.

Lachlan resumed cooking breakfast. He was making omelettes for breakfast, for the eight of them. It was Sunday morning. Sunday was the day that all of them had off work, and each Sunday he cooked a magnificent breakfast for them all.

Lachlan was a waiter at a restaurant in town, a very tasty restaurant at that, but a waiter was not where his heart truly laid. He was an aspiring chef, and one day hoped to own a restaurant himself and be the head chef of it too.

Abbie ventured down the stairs. Abbie didn’t sleep in as late as the others, and obviously, neither did Lachlan. “Hey Lachlan. What’s for breakfast?” she asked, eyeing the white stove.

“Omelette,” he replied, not taking his eyes from the food he was preparing. Preparing food, for Lachlan, was something he did with extreme interest. He worked carefully, usually silently, as not to distract him from the food.

Of course, if a pretty lady walked in, that was a whole different story. Lachlan, yes, was an excellent chef and generally a nice guy, but he wasn’t the best in the love department. You see, Lachlan liked the pretty ladies, the beautiful, gorgeous, hot ones. He didn’t settle for any ‘ugly’ chicks. You could say he was shallow in that way.

But only for love. He didn’t mind being friends with the girls that weren’t ‘hot enough’ to be his bed buddies.

“How’d you sleep last night?” he asked Abbie.

“Good. Ok, pretty bad. I watched The Ring before I went to sleep…” she admitted, running her hands through her hair, trying to tame her brownish blondish hair.

“Ah, The Ring. Always scares you,” Lachlan laughed.

They didn’t talk much after that. Abbie went upstairs to shower and change while Lachlan finished cooking the omelettes. The others woke up and came down, smelling the delicious aroma in the air.

The table was soon filled with six people.

“Enjoy!” Lachlan said cheerily.

Boy, why's he in such a good mood this morning? Blake thought to himself. Probably had a girl over last night…

Blake was not at all jealous of Lachlan’s lady charming ways, for Blake had a gorgeous wife of his own. Rubi. Blake and Rubi wedded not long ago and were a very happy couple.

Blake was sitting next to his beautiful wife and took a hold of her hand and squeezed it gently. She looked at him and smiled. Blake was about to lean into her and let his lips touch hers when Gabby noticed.

“Ok, lovebirds, not at the dining room table,” Gabby said. “Oh my god, guys don’t look at my face, ok, I have a pimple!” She looked embarrassed. Gabby was the biggest girly girl, stuck up, bitch you’d ever meet. She was selfish and cared about her looks more than anything else. Somehow she still had friends. I suppose it was because they stretched back so far.

“Gabby, get over it. Hey, where’s Georgia?” Hayden asked, stuffing his mouth full of omelette. Good old Hayden, tells it how it is.

“Hangover,” Lachlan replied casually.

“How did I know that?” Hayden said sarcastically.

“Where’s Zeke?” Blake asked, turning his attention from Rubi. It was hard, he was so mesmerized by her brown hair and brown eyes.

“Dunno,” Abbie said, digging into the omelette as well. It was delicious, naturally, since Lachlan had cooked it.

CRASH!