Status: In the works :)

The Broken Mask of Michael.

A New Kind of Family.

Chapter 2

A New Kind of Family.

“Tell me Michael.” Adaya looked at Michael with such passion. “Please. I’ll listen to what ever you have to say.”

Michael held Adaya in his arms. Her body was warm and small. Michael sighed. He pushed her back gently. Adaya’s eyes stayed on him like glue. Michael did not know what to say to her. If she knows of this world it might curse her very existence, Michael thought.

“I’m not as old as you think I am.” Michael said. “I’m thousands of years old. My Father created us, Angels. Many of us were given duties. Some were sent down to earth to be Guardian Angels. Few of us stayed up above. We were given the duty to protect Heaven.”

“What was your duty?” Adaya inquired, with curious eyes.

Michael cleared his throat. “We had stages. The first one was a Guardian Angel. If we did our job right we would be promoted, like a job.” He said. “The second stage was to do every command God gave us without any questions.”

Adaya was shocked. Her stomach rumbled and twisted. Her voice gone. Her lips quivered every time Michael talked. He really is not kidding, Adaya thought, he is telling the truth.

“Over the years I did my Father’s requests. I killed people. I killed my brothers and sisters.” Michael swallowed. “I never asked any questions. I wanted to prove to God that I was worthy. I want to please him. But there was always one brother who outshined us all.”

“Lucifer.” Adaya said.

Michael nodded. “Yes, my brother Lucifer.” He said. “Not so long ago, Humans started getting violent and corruptive. This did not satisfy my father. He ordered my brother to go down and set things right.”

He cleared his throat. “My brother became chaotic and he was cast down into what we call Hell. From what I have heard, he has created his own race. They are called Demons. He even created evil Guardian Angels to sit on peoples shoulders.” Michael sighed. “I do not even know how he did it.”

Adaya looked at Michael. She was trying very hard to let all this sink in. Her hands were shaking while she grabbed Michael’s big strong hands. Her eyes caught his. She touched his face. She could feel the heat radiate off his graceful skin. She smiled.

“It’s okay Michael. I am here. I always will be.” She put her other hand on his other cheek and made his eyes face hers. “Don’t be scared.”

“I’m not.” Michael looked deep into her eyes. They were like an optical allusion; you would always get lost trying to see what it is.

“I still don’t get one thing.” Adaya said. “Why isn’t this in the bible?”

“We had to give the Human race something to believe in. This only happened a few months ago. It is the start of a new bible. Everything you read in the bible is fake. This was made up by us in Heaven.”

“What about the other Angels? The Angel of Death, what about-”

“The evil types of Angels were created, Adaya.” Interrupted Michael. “By Lucifer it was his idea to create an Evil versus Heaven thing. Who knows if the Angel of Death is real?”

“What about the seven deadly sins?” Adaya asked.

“A few months ago those sins never even existed.” Michael sighed. “The things you call sins were created by Lucifer too. It seems as if everything he thought of is now real. Like he’s bringing the bible to life.”

Michael thought of his brother. All the times they had spent together. How could my brother come to this? Michael thought. This is not him. He would never bring everything we feared to life. He would never. Michael could remember the times when he pictured himself killing Lucifer.

Michael pictured himself battling Lucifer. He held a knife at Lucifer’s neck. Slowly he could see the blood drip from his brother’s neck. He smiled. Michael could hear his brother cry for help

“Stop brother.” Lucifer would say. “Brother, please stop.”

Michael continued to let the knife slid over Lucifer’s Adams apple. He smiled. Everything is going to be perfect with you gone, he thought. I will be the star of Heaven not some dirty low life like you.

“Michael,” Said a calm voice. “Michael. Are you okay? Michael?”

Michael looked up. Adaya was look at him with eyes wide open. “Yes?”

Her eyes were luminous and full of questions. “Are you okay?” She walked up to him and placed her hand into his. Their fingers clasped together. Adaya smiled.

Adaya had so many questions that needed to be answered. “Who came instead of Lucifer?”

Michael trembled at the sound of the question. “Me.”

Adaya ripped her hand out of his. She could feel the rage build up inside her. The fury was smoldering from within her heart ready to erupt open. “You were forced to fall in love with me weren’t you? All we had was a lie? How could you do this to me?”

Michael could hear the alarm in Adaya’s voice. Her voice quivered and cracked. Her eyes were red and full-size ready to rupture into tears. “No! No, no, no Adaya. It was not. It was fate, I was always meant to meet you. Can’t you see?”

“No,” Adaya said. “Apparently I can’t. How could you- I mean what did I do so wrong? What did I do?”

“Nothing. You did nothing wrong.” Michael answered. “God put me in front of you for a reason, Adaya.”

“Oh yeah? And what was that reason?”

Michael looked down. “I have yet to find out.” He said. “But Adaya. I have never met anyone like you. You are my other half. I cannot even breathe when I am apart from you. Out of all the times I’ve been in Heaven I’ve never met anyone like you.”

Adaya hugged her body. She looked down. Her tears sprung out from her eyes and her body ached around Michael. “I-I don’t believe you…I don’t even know if I can anymore.”

Adaya took several steps back and sat in a chair next to the window. She looked outside the window and could see cars driving up and down the road, people walking, talking on phones, living life. Something Adaya could not have anymore. Adaya gazed back at Michael.

Her teeth gritted together and her face was full of fury. She knew she could never be angry with Michael. She loved him. His face was perfect. His green eyes were like jewels. This was what caught her eye the first time she saw him. She smiled to her herself.

She remembered the first time she said she loved him. They were both in a fancy restaurant. She wore the perfect little black dress. It was complimented with a one ruby stone that fell gracefully down her chest.

Adaya remembered what Michael was wearing. His muddy white T-shirt and blue jeans. This was their fifth date and he stilled dressed the same

“Why are you still dressed the same?” She said as they both sat down.

Michael cleared his throat. “I’m sorry. I don’t have any money.”

Adaya smiled and nodded. “I don’t either, well barely.”

Michael looked deep into her eyes. “You should have money. Jesus, you should have all the money in the world.”

Adaya giggled. “Should I? Sometimes I wish I did. I mean I do not have the best place in the world. I spent my rent money on this dress just to impress you.”

Michael smiled. “You should return it.”

Adaya gasped. “It’s that bad?” She said, looking at her dress.

“Oh! No, no, I am sorry I did not mean that. I meant that you should return it so you could get your hard earned money back.”

“Oh,” Adaya smiled. “I see. I guess I should.”

As their dinner was, served Michael asked questions about Adaya’s life. She did not know whether to answer or not. “Well,” She said. “My mother kicked me out. After my father died, she went crazy you know. She was just insane after that. She started drinking and she never stopped. I still have no idea, till this day, why she threw me out.”

Michael looked at her face. “I’m so sorry.” Adaya could hear the sorrow in his voice. “It wasn’t your fault you know.”

Adaya smiled. “How do you know?”

“Trust me.” Michael said. “It wasn’t.”

“Well, that makes me tons better-”

“It does?” Michael interrupted.

Adaya laughed. I guess he does not know sarcasm, she thought. “Yeah, it does.”

They both continued to eat their meal and talk. Although Michael did not talk about himself at all. He kept silent and listened to everything Adaya had to say. He smiled at everything.

As they were in front of Adaya’s house Adaya smiled and opened the door and closed it behind her. Leaving Michael at the other end. Adaya smiled. She waited for Michael to knock on the door. Oh how she wanted him too.

“Adaya?”

She smiled and opened the door. “Yes?”

“I-I-I have to tell you something.” He said. “I don’t know how to explain this feeling I have because I’ve never felt it before. I just don’t know what it is.”

Adaya smiled. “I feel it too.”

“Adaya.” Said a voice in her head. “Adaya! Are you okay?”

Adaya shook her head and she saw Michael. He was not at the door. He was in front of her on his knees, touching her shoulders shaking her hastily.

“You were dazing off, what were you thinking about?” Michael inquired.

“I feel it.” She said. “I feel it too, Michael.” She grinned sweetly.

Michael looked at her strange at first but then he remembers automatically. He smiled back at her. His face burned of bright red. He touched her face. He could feel her ice-cold face against his fiery skin.

He pulled her head to his and said, “I love you, Adaya.”

***

Presley took a sip of her Orange juice and smiled. She saw her Mother, her Father, and her bother. They all greeted each other with smiles.

Presley could feel the name Adaya claw away at her skin. She could feel it slowly slicing the meat off her bones. Her heart pounded through her chest. She did not know if she should spit the name out.

“How was your morning, Presley?” Her mother asked.

Presley smiled. “Good, you know. The day only started. I and Will are going to go to shop today.”

Will choked on his sandwich. He dropped the sandwich and immediately gulped down his orange juice. “What?”

Presley snickered. “Haha that was a keeper, Will.”

Presley looked at her parents and smiled. They were perfect. She had everything she wanted. A family. However, something about her parents made her feel out of place. Like an opera singer at a rock concert.

Presley was fighting it. Her throat was parched. Nothing would quench her thirst. She breathed in and out. She could not struggle this anymore.

“Adaya.” Presley shouted.

Presley’s vision suddenly distorted and she saw a woman with black hair and blue eyes. She could see the woman being chased in a field of wheat. The evening sun complimented her seductive smile. The way she jogged was poised. Her clothes were like a model, so elegant yet rebel. Presley was jealous of this woman. She probably has everything I do not, she thought.

Her parents immediately looked up. Her father tossed his plate to the floor. The crackle of the plate twisted Presley’s stomach. “Don’t you ever speak that name in this house?”

Her Father hauled up the table, which caused her mother to be thrown on the floor along with her brother.

Presley’s eyes widen. “What? Look what you-”

Her father was warped with rage his eyes were all red. There were no pupils. Just red…like blood. Presley gasped. She squirmed out of her chair but fell to the floor. Her back hit the cold stone floor. Her body was stiff. “Will.” Presley whispered. “Will, help me.”

She glanced back at Will who was knocked out on the floor. Blood was oozing out of his mouth. She looked back at her Father. His face was deformed. His Human skin was gradually peeling off like shedding skin. But the skin that was underneath was rutted and misshaped. His voice was shattered and sounded like a roar of dying lion. “Will won’t help you.” Her father growled.

“Dad?” Presley swallowed. “Where’s my Dad?”

The creature laughed. “I am your Dad. I have been your Dad all a long. You’ve just never noticed.”

Presley’s body shivered. The creature walked up to her and his big rough hand brushed across her silky face. “You were always beautiful, just like your mother. But you have your fathers sea green eyes.”

“What? Just-” She shoved his hands of her face.

The creature laughed and walked over to her mother. He twisted down and looked at Presley’s mother. “What a pretty little thing.” The creature said putting his bulky foot on her mother’s face. “I wonder how Humans taste…” It purred.
“Get your grubby foot off of her you…monster.” She spat.

Presley felt a cold chill grasp around her. Her life was at the hands of this tarnished creature. As the creature picked up Presley’s mother, what was left of Presley’s father was crushed into pieces. Presley could see the Human head being poked with horns. The skin erupted with white horns.

Presley gasped. She swallowed and screamed. She turned her body around and started crawling away from the creature.

“No, no, no.” The creature said. Presley could hear the pulsation of the footsteps behind her. They were like mini earthquakes. She felt a pounce on her back that made her flat pancake. She could feel the hooks on the creatures feet mine into her skin. She bawled in pain. She could feel great rivers of tears charge out of her eyes.

“Stop!” She howled. “Stop! Please!”

The creature wailed in satisfaction. He pressed down harder on her back and injected a thorn into her back. Presley gasped. She could feel the tenderness of her back. Presley groans and curved over to face the creature that would take her life at any moment.

Presley could feel the thorn in her back tunnel deeper and deeper into her back every second. “Make it stop.” She huffed.

She could see the creature grow bulky and the skin breaking apart from its body. She could hear the spine crawling snort. “No. I’m enjoying this.”

“S-stop.” She sputtered. “Please.”

The creature smiled. Presley could see the Human teeth being knocked out by rows and rows of razor pointed fangs. The teeth fell on Presley’s clothes and face. Presley could sense her stomach coil in soreness.

“Can’t you feel that sharp pain clawing into your back?” He said sarcastically. “I could almost feel it myself.”

Presley saw the big foot being held over her face and everything went black…
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter! :) I am NOT trying to re-write the bible. I am NOT saying anything about God or Heaven. I am also not trying to say anything about the Devil or Hell. I am just a writer please try and understand. Thank you.