Sequel: I'll Hum Along

This Masterpiece Will Fall Apart

Hot Coffee

Normality and I had not been getting along for the longest time. Nothing had been normal since I was 15. Everything started getting screwy when I became friends with Jasmine and Marque Baxter. That's when everything became abnormal. I started to become this really outgoing, obnoxious person that I never was before. I actually started to not give a fuck what people thought. Meeting them turned into becoming friends, that turned into becoming best friends. And that...well, that turned into becoming family.

It was still really hard adjusting to life without Jazz. Although she had been gone almost a year, the scars were still fresh. I had my first birthday with out her, my first Christmas, New Years, Marque's Birthday, Airin's birthday, and there was going to be so much more. No one was looking forward to any of it.

One thing I hated about going back on tour was having to pack. I always forgot one thing I needed every single time. First time Kliik went on tour I forgot the chord to my microphone. So we had to go out and buy a new one during our sound check. First time Ellaries Dollhouse went on tour I forgot some very important feminine items (and I got that wonderful gift right in the middle of nowhere. We were 20 minutes from a gas station as well. That was a fun van ride). And the first time we went on tour with Zack...we forgot Zack at a gas station in Alberta. We did go back at pick him up, and that set us back a half an hour. Needless to say, Zack wasn't happy with us. That was a great way to start off his first tour.

“Josh, where is my...” I trailed off, looking around our bedroom.

“Where is your what?” Josh looked up from his computer.

“My...my...” I huffed. “AGH!”

“Well, maybe if you describe it, I can help you look?” Josh offered.

“That would be great, but I don't know what I'm looking for!” I sighed, sitting at the end of the bed. I heard Joshes laptop close and he started moving around behind me. He put his hands on my shoulders and squeezed them lightly.

“Look, why don't you get some sleep? You can finish packing in the morning.” Josh suggested.

“Yeah, you're right,” I said sounding defeated. I crawled into my side of the bed. Josh flicked off the light and pulled a blanket over himself. I pulled the blanket over my shoulder, “Good night.” I said. Josh gave me a quick kiss.

“Night,” he replied. I wiggled around for a few seconds before finding a comfortable spot. Josh rested his arm around my waist. I closed my eyes and only a few minutes later, I remembered something.

“Oh!” I exclaimed, shocking Josh awake.

“W-what?” He yelped, sitting upright. “Are you in labour?” I raised my eyebrows at him.

“Really Josh? I'm not even pregnant,” Josh adverted his eyes down.

“I was having a dream...” Josh said. “Anyways, what?”

“I just remembered what I was looking for,” I got out of the bed and grabbed a black and blue checkered case off the dresser. “My glasses!” I smiled. Josh looked at me for a few seconds. He then pressed his hand against his face.

“Oh, my God Josline,” He layed back down, “go to bed!” he grumbled. I frowned.

“Well, I thought it was pretty exciting...” I said, tossing the case down on my bag.

I slept in until 7:45. Normally, that's not considered sleeping in, but to me, it was. I always woke up at 6 in the morning. I had been doing that ever since I had Finley. My mom said that happened to her when she had Airin. She would be up at 5 every morning. When I woke up, I freaked out. I leaped out of bed and rushed out of the bedroom. Josh was sitting on the couch in the living room, which surprised me, because he always slept in until at least noon. “Whoa, where's the fire?” he asked me.

“Finley's going to be late for school!” I exclaimed.

“Josline...” Josh said, I ignored him. “Josline...Josline Marie Jaulby!” Josh startled me, and I stopped what I was doing. “I took care of it. I brought him to school,”

“Oh, I...” I actually didn't know what to say. “What did he eat for breakfast?” I asked.

“That crappy sugar-free cereal he likes so much,” Josh said, making a disgusted face. Finley definitely didn't need any more sugar in his diet.

“Did you pack his over night bag?”

“Yes.”

“What did you make for his lunch?”

“A turkey sandwich, an apple, some graham crackers and orange juice,” Josh smiled proudly.

“And you did that all on your own?” I asked. Josh looked offended.

“I am hurt that you would doubt my fatherly domestic skills,” he said. He looked suddenly embarrassed. “Finley had to tell me what he normally has for lunch...and how his sandwich is supposed to be cut...and that his apple needs to be in slices,” Josh explained. “Did you know we have a demanding child?”

“He's not demanding...he just knows what he likes, and that's how he wants everything,” I said.

“Exactly. Demanding,” he said. I smiled and walked into the kitchen to get some coffee. “Just like his mother,” he mumbled.

“I heard that,” I said.

“You did not!” Josh exclaimed. I came back out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in my hands.

“You do realize I have hot coffee, right?” I smirked.

“You do realize I'm bigger than you, right?” Josh joked, standing up in front of me.

“You do realize my knee is at crotch height, right?” Josh looked down towards the floor, then back to me.

“Point and match to Josline,” Josh said, turning on his heel. He went back over to the couch. I followed him and sat down next to him, curling my legs up under myself. “So, what are you going to do with yourself today, now that Finley's going to be gone until tomorrow?” Josh asked me. Finley was sleeping over at Airin and Marque's.

“I don't know. Probably finish packing and getting all my shit together. Even though I really don't want to,” I said.

“Well, you're going to have to pack sometime,” Josh said.

“I know, but it's so frustrating!” I exclaimed. “And I'm not feeling too good today, so I don't want to do anything!”

“You could wait until tomorrow to pack, you know,” Josh suggested.

“If I procrastinate, I'm never going to get it done, and I'll be running around at the very last minutes trying to finish,” I explained. Josh squeezed my shoulder.

“You just need to relax. Why don't we go see a movie, or go get some breakfast?” Both offers sounded great to me. I weighed my options. Finish packing or hang out with my fiancé? Josh stood up and held out his hand to me. “Come on, let's go.” I stared at his hand for a few seconds before taking it. I might as well get my mind off of things before I get too stressed out. Besides, maybe going out for a little while would make me feel better. I had been feeling a little upset and sick for the past few days, and I didn't know why. Maybe getting out of the house was what I needed.