Sequel: I'll Hum Along

This Masterpiece Will Fall Apart

Awkward Zack is Awkward

We had to go to Much Music the next afternoon for an interview. We decided that Zack, Marque and myself would do the interview. Keith really hated doing interviews, and Jason said it wouldn't feel right taking Airin's place. I was updating my twitter when a stage manager came into the green room to get us. He handed us all our microphones and lead us to where we had to wait (it was a commercial break at the moment). Then the VJ, Jesse introduced us and we walked out onto stage. Jesse greeted each one of us, and we all sat down on the stools (I really had to crawl on top of it to get on it at all).

“How many times do I have to tell you guys to get smaller stools when I come in for an interview?” I asked, making some people laugh.

“I'm sorry about that. We'll get you a recliner next time,” Jesse smiled at me.

“Ooh, can I get one of those too?” Zack asked.

“No, you can't. You're not short like me,” I said. Zack stuck his tongue out at me.

“Oh, I love it when ED comes to Much Music,” Jesse laughed. “So, explain the Airin situation to us. I don't think a lot of people are clear on what's going on with him.”

“Well, Airin was really sick for a while, and wasn't really telling anyone, the bugger,” I shook my fist in the air, “and he passed out at a sound check, so right there we knew that something was really wrong.”

“He had been complaining of a sore throat and a hacking cough for about 3 weeks before hand, but no one really thought anything of it because he had been sick like that before. But everything we tried to do, cold medication, teas, making him sit in a steaming shower for a few minutes, didn't work,” Marque said.

“So, what exactly is wrong with him? Is he just sick?” Jesse asked.

“No, he has laryngeal, or throat, cancer,” I explained, and some people gasped.

“Oh wow, that's some serious stuff. Is he alright?” Jesse asked.

“He's doing just fine. He's back at home where his doctor can keep an eye on him,” Marque said. “I think he feels much better now that he can be around our son.”

“Speaking of sons, Josline,” Jesse turned to me and I groaned.

“What now Jesse? Why do I always get picked on about this?”

“I'm not picking on you, but I saw Joshes tweets last night, and apparently a particular five-year-old was being extremely difficult,” Jesse smirked at me.

“Oh, yes. Finley was having an all-day tantrum apparently,” I said. “He was just screaming at Josh at one point. Josh really didn't know what to do. Josh probably would have had a tantrum if he could of.”

“Now he wants to ship Finley off to Africa,” Zack smiled.

“Isn't he such a nice father?” I laughed. Jesse just smiled.

“Well, it seems like you're all doing well, but now I'm going to pick on Zack a little here. You're currently not dating anyone, correct?” Jesse turned to Zack.

“That is correct,” Zack said. A lot of girls in the audience clapped and cheered.

“When was the last time you were in a relationship? Because no one ever hears about any sort of significant other from you,” Jesse said.

“I was probably in a relationship last...maybe 2 years ago,” Zack explained. “I just feel more comfortable not having to be depended on.”

“Yeah, Zack is a wham-bam-thank-you-m'am sort of guy,” Marque said, causing the audience, and myself and Zack, to laugh.

“I can't believe you said that on national television!” Zack's face was completely red. “My MOTHER is watching this!”

“Well, it's true! It's wham-bam, now get out of my house!” Marque exclaimed. Zack doubled over in laughter and accidentally fell off his stool. This had to of been one of the weirdest interviews we had ever given. Zack just layed on the floor having a laughing fit.

“Are you okay down there?” Jesse asked.

“Yeah, yeah. I'm good. I think I'm just going to stay down here for the rest of the interview,” Zack said. “I can see if there's any spare change on the ground this way.”

“Is he always like this?” Jesse asked. I nodded. “How do you deal with that?”

“I have a 5 year old. This is nothing new,” I said. “I lived with Airin for 16 years. Things like that really don't phase me.”

“Well, anyways, we have some questions from the audience. Where's Karla...” Jesse looked around.

“Perhaps it's the girl with the microphone behind you?” Marque said. Jesse jerked backwards.

“Oh, hey! What's your question Karla?” Jesse asked.

“Hi Karla,” Zack said, still on the ground. Karla laughed.

“Hi guys. I just wanted to know what your 'get up and go' song?” Karla asked us.

“I think, for me, it would have to be Run It by Chris Brown,” I said. Some people laughed. “As embarrassing as it is, it motivates me. It's on my work out slash jogging playlist.”

“Mine is Move Your Body by Eiffel 65. You can't go wrong with that,” Marque said.

“Mine is probably...” Zack stopped, “Okay, you know what, this floor is cold, and it's hurting my arm,” Zack said, getting up. He sat back down on this stool like nothing had happened. “Mine is probably Telephone by Lady Gaga and Beyonce.”

“Are you serious?” I asked him.

“I'm very serious! Even though the woman scares the living daylights out of me, I like her music,” Zack said.

“She scares you?” Jesse sounded shocked.

“She kind of does. She a lovely person, but when I presented that award to her by myself last year, I admit I was a little in intimidated by her. She looks like she could take me in a fight,” Zack explained.

“I think anyone could take you in a fight,” Marque said.

“Yeah, well I can do this,” Zack started to roll up his pant leg, and Marque freaked out.

“No! Don't do the nub thing!” Marque exclaimed. “I don't like the leg thing!” Jesse laughed.

“Okay, we have a few more questions. This is a phone question from Taylor in Hamilton. You there Taylor?”

“I'm here,” a voice sounded over the speakers.

“Hi Taylor,” we all greeted.

“Hi guys, this question is for Josline,” Taylor said.

“Alright, shoot,” I said.

“I was wondering what this 'exciting news' that you and Josh keep talking about on your twitters. Is there another album in the works?” Taylor asked me.

“As far as I know, there is no other album in the works,” I said, looking at Zack and Marque. Marque raised his eyebrows at me. “Oh alright,” I looked at Jesse, “No one can bother or ask me about this again though!” I exclaimed. “The Jaulby-Ramsay clan is finally expanding!”

“You're having another kid?” Jesse's eyes grew with excitement. People in the crowd gasped and clapped.

“Yes I am. I've calculated that it should be born sometime around the end of August or the beginning of September,” I explained.

“That's great news! Congratulations!” Jesse smiled at me.

“I told her that she was going to have triplets,” Zack said.

“And I told you I'd beat you with your leg if you ever mentioned that again,” I stared straight at Zack. Zack had a cheeky smile on his face.

“I'm going to love it when I'm right though,” Zack smiled. I glared at him. Zack looked down at his feet and slid off the stool. He picked up his stool and moved it to the other side of the stage next to a group of girls that looked more than please for him to be there. Marque, Jesse, myself and everyone in the audience all looked in confusion at my band mate. “I honestly think my safety is in danger over there, so I'm going to sit here for the remainder of the interview,” Zack said. He then turned to one of the girls next to him. “You don't mind me here, do you?” Zack said, moving the microphone towards her. The girl just turned red and giggled. “I don't know if that means she's okay with it, or if I'm just an idiot.”

“You said it,” Marque said. Zack just nodded for a few seconds before realizing Marque insulted him.

“Okay Baxter, friendship over!” Zack exclaimed.

“Oh no. Where will I ever find a 19 year-old who plays guitar and sings, and is a fan of our music? Oh, I know! Same place we found you. YouTube,” Marque teased. I just shook my head at the two of them. I had to have the weirdest family in the world.

But I loved them all the same.