Sequel: I'll Hum Along

This Masterpiece Will Fall Apart

She's A Black Widow. Oh My!

I had to be up super early the next morning due to a video shoot. 4 a.m. Was really not a normal time for someone to be awake. Zack and I carpooled to the shoot, I had a mug of tea and Zack had a large thermos of coffee. When we got onto the set, Keith was already there, reading a book and sipping something out of a mug, and he already looked perky. Airin and Marque were also there, and Airin was slumped against Marque. Marque was playing some kind of game on his phone.

“It is not natural to be awake this early.” Zack said. Marque looked up at him and nodded.

“It's not really that bad,” Keith said.

“But you've been awake since two-thirty.” Airin grumbled. His voice sounded more gravelly now.

“You blame that on your baby cousin,” Keith said, closing his book. Brandon, Keith's son, had a nasty flu, and both Keith and Josie were losing sleep over it. The set manager came and got us all and sent us to our respective areas. I got sent to costume fitting first, and the rest of the guys were sent to hair and make-up. I had to squeeze myself into a black mini skirt and a fitted corset (I was very lucky that my stomach wasn't big yet). When I got into the rest of the outfit (which included a pair of boots with what I liked to call “death heels”) I had to get my hair and make-up done, which took about 2 hours to do. (I always took the longest out of anyone.) When I walked out of the make-up tent (we were outside, and it was kind of cold) I walked towards Zack and Marque who were standing next to a heater. Zack had out his hand-held camera and was talking to Marque.

“Whoa Josline!” Marque exclaimed. Zack turned the camera towards me.

“Holy crap.” Zack said. “You're sexy, for a pregnant woman.”

I frowned at Zack. “I tell you one thing, corsets are not a pregnant woman's friend. I mean, look at my boobs! I could take someone's eye out with these.

“I'm pretty sure you could see them from space.” Marque stated. I looked at him and pinched his arm. “Ow! Hey, that's not necessary!”

Zack was in my face yet again 10 minutes after I had finished a scene. I was talking with my male “co-star” of the video, Danny. “So, Josline, tell me what's happened here so far.” Zack said, shoving the camera in my face.

“Well, so far, I've gotten to be slammed against a wall, and I got to make out with this guy,” I pointed at Danny, who awkwardly waved at the camera when Zack turned it to him. “He's quite a looker though, so I don't really mind it.” I nudged Danny in the side. “So what is your job in this video?” I asked him, making grabbing motions for the camera. Zack handed it to me and I pointed it at Zack. He was dressed in a very simple gray suit pants, a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a black vest. He also had an old-fashioned camera that would be used in a crime scene around his neck.

“I am a crime scene photographer. And you know, that's what I actually wanted to do when I graduated high school, but nope. I joined a band instead. Don't even have my college degree or anything.” Zack shrugged and took the camera away from me and turned it off. I got called over to do another scene with Danny.

Around the 7 hour mark of the shoot, I was getting extremely itchy due to some kind of fake blood that was on me. It was mostly on my face and chest area. Danny, however, he had it all over him. Airin had to go take a walk because he had started to feel a little light-headed (whether is was real or fake blood, after a while, he started feeling sick). Zack came back up to us and turned the camera back on. “Okay, tell me what happened here?”

“Well, she killed me.” Danny said, pushing some of his hair out of his face.

“You killed this beautiful man Josline? What did I tell you about killing beautiful men?!” Zack said, in mock rage. I laughed.

“You see, I'm what you'd call a Black Widow. Danny over here found out about my “past” and threatened to call the Bobbies, that's police for all you non-Englanders out there, so I had to kill him.” I shrugged.

“It was probably the sexiest murder that's ever happened to me though.” Danny said. I looked at him strangely.

“You've been murdered before?” I asked. Danny thought for a moment, realized what he had said, and laughed.

The shoot ended around hour 9. which was one in the afternoon. Zack drove me back home, and when I walked into the house, I found Josh with Matt and an unknown blond girl. “Hi guys.” I said taking my jacket off.

Josh got off the couch, “Hey babe.” Josh said, giving me a kiss. Josh then looked oddly at my head, “What the hell do you have in your hair?” Josh said, tugging at a chunk of my hair.

“Oh, it's just blood.” I shrugged. “I was just a normal day of killing men in back alley's.”

“Ah, I see. Did you get anything good at least?” Josh asked me.

“Yeah, I got a couple of bucks and some coupons for Starbucks.” I said. I looked over at the blond girl who had a confused look on her face. “I was at a music video shoot.” I explained to her. A relieved expression washed over her. I walked up to her and stuck out my hand. “I'm Josline.”

“Hi, I'm Casey.” She replied, shaking my hand. As soon as she shook my hand, I got a very cold vibe from her that I didn't like.

“Oh, your Matt's girlfriend?” I asked, and Casey nodded. “It's nice to finally meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too. Matt's told me a lot about you.” Casey smiled.

“Hopefully good things.” I stared pointedly at Matt.

“I only tell people the most vile things about you Josline.” Matt said, taking a sip out of his beer can.

“Well, for that comment, you can give me back that beer.” I said, snatching the can from his hand.

“Hey, come on! You can't drink it! You're pregnant!” Matt said. I narrowed my eyes at him. Casey then stood up from her chair.

“We should probably get going Matt.” Casey said.

“The movie doesn't start for another half-hour.” Matt said.

“Well, I want to get good seats.” Casey said to him. There was an underlying tone of anger in her voice. I didn't like it. Matt sighed and stood up. He walked over to me and gave me a hug.

“I'll talk to you later Jaws.” He said, kissing my cheek.

“Alright. I'll call you later or something.” I told him. Matt said goodbye to Josh and headed for the door. “It was nice meeting you Casey.” I called after her. She turned slightly and gave me a smile. The two left the house and Josh walked over to me.

“Why, that's a more sour face then the guy on the Warheads candy.” Josh said.

“Is Casey normally that...”

“Pushy? Yeah. She was like that the first time I met her. Why?” Josh asked.

“No reason...” I said. “I'm going to have a shower.” Josh nodded and I handed him the beer can, which he then drained on the way to the kitchen. For some reason, Casey rubbed me the wrong way, and I couldn't figure out why.