Sequel: I'll Hum Along

This Masterpiece Will Fall Apart

Tickle Monsters

Airin brought Kaylee over to meet Josh and I a few days after I had seen Matt. She was a cute girl with blonde cropped hair, and a pair of cargo shorts and a t-shirt. She was very much a tom-boy, at least, that was my first thought. She was terribly shy, hiding behind Airin's leg when he first brought her in, but took to Finley right away. Josh was trying to ask her questions that would make her feel comfortable, but she only answered with a few words. We did learn that her favourite colour was blue, and that her birthday was January fourth (which was also Airin's birthday), though.

I went into the kitchen to get a glass of iced tea, and Airin soon followed. “I'm sorry Kaylee is being so quiet. She's usually really chatty around Marque and I.” Airin said.

“It's okay. She's just nervous. I mean, I'd be terrified of two strange people I had never met before asking me questions. Especially if one had blue hair.” I joked. Airin chuckled slightly.

“She was very excited about meeting you though.” Airin explained. “I told her that you had an accent like mine and that excited her quite a bit.”

“But mine's a little bit different than yours. You have more of mom's Scottish in you than anything.” I said. Airin would often slip in and out of his English and Scottish accent. I, however, couldn't speak with a Scottish accent for the life of me. I could only imagine how badly he screwed up Marque some days. I only ever confused Josh with my accent when I swore, said bloody hell, bugger, oi or when I'd use “slang” words like rubbish or loo. Most of the time, Josh didn't even notice.

“She was excited just the same,” Airin smiled. “And I know she likes Finley. Finley's hard to dislike though.”

“That's because he's my child, and he's adorable.” I said. Airin rolled his eyes at me, and the leaned against the counter.

“You know, I never thought that by the time I was 27, I'd be married, to a guy no-less, and have two kids?” Airin said. “Or that my sister would be engaged to the guy I punched out, have a 5 year old, and pregnant with twins? If someone told me that this is how my life would be back when I was 17, I would of told them that they were barking mad.” Airin looked contemplative. “This was something neither of us wanted, really. I abhorred the idea of marriage and any kind of commitment, and...”

“And I honestly could only stand kids for at least 10 minutes at a time.” I finished his sentence.

“What the hell happened to us Jaws?” Airin asked.

“You met a guy who you fell madly in love with and married him. I met a guy I was madly in love with, and he knocked me up.” I said, and Airin laughed.

“Well, you know what they say, you end up marrying your parents.” Airin smirked at me. It took me a while to understand that he meant that my relationship with Josh was a lot like my parents relationship. And the more I thought about it, the more eerily true it was.

“Oh, shut it!” I said, smacking Airin on the arm. Airin rubbed his arm and stuck his tongue out at me. There was then a loud giggle from the living room, which was not Finley's. Airin and I looked at each other and poked our heads out of the kitchen. Both Kaylee and Finley had Josh pinned on the floor, and were “tying” his arms and legs together and one of the cats (Tux) was sitting on Joshes lower back (Anemone was off to the side staring at what was going on).

“We got you daddy!” Finley squealed at Josh.

“You did, but can you let me go please?” Josh asked him.

“Nope!” Finley said, sitting on Joshes legs.

“Thank God you're only 40 pounds,” Josh gasped. I giggled slightly. Kaylee then sat down on Joshes back. “Oh dear lord, I'm dying!” Josh made mock-choking noises before laying his head down on the floor.

Kaylee giggled at him. “You're silly, uncle Josh.” I looked over at Airin, who had a big smile on his face. Leave it to Josh to make someone feel comfortable. I saw Finley reach over with his hand hovering over Joshes side. Finley brought his hand down and started to tickle Joshes side. Joshes body jerked, making both kids slide off of him. Both Finley and Kaylee were laughing at Josh, and both decided to go after him and tickle him.

“No! No, please no!” Josh scooted backwards on the floor, but both kids were on him in a matter of seconds, their hands wildly moving around Joshes body. Josh was laughing so hard that he couldn't form complete sentences anymore. Both Airin and I were laughing, Airin was nearly doubled over in laughter. “Stop...stop laughing and..help me!” Josh said to Airin and I.

“What, you can't take on two children?” I said.

“Not these two!” Josh exclaimed. I shook my head and figured I'd save Josh from further tickle-attacks.

“Alright, you two, stop tickling Josh before he pees himself.” I said. Finley and Kaylee stopped and looked at me.

“But...” Finley started.

“Ah-ah! No buts! Would you like it if someone tickled you until you peed?” I put my hands on my hips. Finley bowed his head.

“No...” Finley said. Kaylee got off of Josh and stood back. Finley started to crawl off of his dad, but Josh had different plans. Joshes arms extended and started to tickle Finley instead. Finley shrieked with laughter before running over to me.

“Don't get me! Get mommy!” Finley squeaked. Josh got off the ground and started to stalk towards me, with his arms extended out. I obviously knew he was going to try to tickle me. I narrowed my eyes slightly, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Don't even think about it.” I said to Josh. Josh stopped, his eyes wide with fear. He then clutched the left side of his shirt in mock-pain.

“Oh! She's killed me!” Josh said, collapsing onto the ground again. I tilted my head and stared of him, laughter breaking through my frown. Kaylee kneeled next to Josh and pushed on his shoulder.

“Uncle Josh! Get up!” She pushed on his shoulder. Josh opened one of his eyes slightly, a slight grin on his face. Josh rolled over suddenly, grabbing onto Kaylee, who squirmed to get away. “Let go! Let go!” Kaylee laughed at him.

Airin turned to me with a smile on his face. “And you used to doubt he'd be a good dad.” Airin nudged me. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled.

Later that night, after Finley had been put to bed, I went out into the living room, where Josh was reading something. I sat down next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He looked down at me briefly and went back to the book. “You know, it was really cute the way Kaylee interacted with you today.” I said. Josh closed his book and set it down. “How'd you even get her to warm up to you?”

“I don't really know. Her and Finley were just playing, and the next thing I knew, they both attacked me.” Josh shrugged.

“Airin thought it was absolutely amazing that she was just so...excitable around you.” I admitted. “You get a gold star for that one.”

“Oh, yes! That brings my total up to one.” Josh smirked at me. “Even Matt has more than me!”

“Well, I like Matt more.” I replied. Josh frowned at me. “Oh, stop that. You know I love you. Why do you think I let you knock me up twice?” I smiled. “Oh, and by the way, this better be the last time.”

“But, what if I want more kids?” Josh pouted.

“Then it better be with your second wife.” I said matter-of-factually. Josh laughed at me.

“Fine. I think I can manage with just three.” Josh said, kissing the top of my head.

“Good, because I'm tired of looking like I have a beach ball stuffed up my shirt.” I folded my arms over my chest.

“But it's a cute beach ball.” Josh said. I gave him a “what-the-fuck” sort of look and Josh thought about what he had just said. Josh shook his head, “Forget I said that.”