Status: Active

Untitled

Memories

It was later on that day when we pulled the boats over to make camp. Since it was near to dusk we decided to call it quits before we hit something in the water. We pulled the boats up on the bank so they wouldn't be swept away by the current. Then I helped Sam make a quick dinner for everyone, the others started to set up camp. While the meat was cooking I went over to a tree and climbed up to somewhere around the middle. I set my pack down and I placed my bow and quiver in a reachable position. Taking off my cape I also put my swords in a reachable area.
"Miss Anameleth! The food is ready." Sam said from the bottom of the tree. I smiled down at him and ran to the end of the branch, doing two somersaults off of it, landing perfectly. I turned to look at the group, they were all sitting around the fire.
"Just call me Ana. My whole name is a mouth full, especially if you are not familiar with the Elven language. Anyways let's eat." I said smiling at him. We all sat around the fire in clusters. Aragorn and Legolas were talking, Gimli and Boromir were talking, and Frodo and Sam were talking. The only quiet ones were Pippin, Merry, and myself, the two hobbits were the ones who worried me though.
"What plot do you two think you can pull off? We have no fireworks for you to 'borrow'." I said turning all attention to them.
"I was just wondering. Since your mom died and now Gandalf, doesn't that make you an orphan?" Merry asked. Everyone stared at him in shock, he was usually quiet and not so blunt.
"Yeah I guess it does." I replied smiling sadly. "But I have my aunt and uncle still."
"How did your mother die?" Pippin asked, brimming with curiosity. Merry glared at him but it was too late.
"Think before you speak!" Merry growled, shocking everyone again.
"The first time I was to check the borders my mother was the one to take me out. We were half way through our check when a contingent of orcs got us. I was separated from my mother, but I could hear her yelling at the orcs in her way.. As I cut through them I finally had her in sight when one cut her down. More than half of them were dead at the time, but they wouldn't give up. I was fighting them with a sword and a dagger, which was kind of lop-sided. When they were almost all dead I went to my mother, who was barely alive at the time. After telling me some things she died. I was only 33 at the time, so I was still young. On my way back to Caras Galadhon I was emotionless. My mothers body was on her horse and when everyone saw they stood frozen in place. I made it to the bottom of the stairs to the greeting area before I collapsed. After I woke up and explained everything to my aunt and uncle I had to wait until the next time I saw my father to tell him. I didn't want him to hear it through the grapevine." As I was explaining everyone was staring at me in shock. They stayed silent which allowed me to involuntarily remember that day.
I was riding on Vanya with my mother on her horse Arettha. Today was my first day of patrolling the border, mother decided she would take me instead of Haldir. It was getting to be dark by the time we decided to stop at a guard pavilion, this was also the mid-point of the border. Mother was getting to turn that way when our ears twitched, turning our heads to the right we saw a group of orcs heading our way. I grabbed my bow to start taking the lead orcs out, following what my mother was doing. When they got to within ten feet of us we replaced our bows with our other combat weapons. My mother had two detailed twin swords while I had a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. As we entered the mealee, we got separated, making it seem like the whole contingent of orcs was separating us. Jumping from Vanya I made her get out of the fight, then I started to take down the orcs in my way. A few feet away I could hear my mother swearing and insulting the orcs in elvish, making me laugh as I was fighting. Using the skills that everyone taught me I hacked away the orcs in-between my mother and I. I got a clear view of my mother for a minute but then an orc tried to sneak attack me from behind and I had to turn around to block his axe with my sword. As I was deflecting his axe I used my dagger to stab him in the throat, swinging my sword into the orc coming at me from the left. Turning around I realized that I had lost sight of my mother again, but her inults were still being flung. Yet again I threw myself into trying to decimate the whole group between us and I succedded in being able to see her. But this time it wasn't a good view, she was fighting off two orcs already, and they were making enough noise as it was but putting that together with her insults she didn't hear the orc come up behind her. Obviously she couldn't hear me either for just as I shouted at her to watch out she was stabbed through her back. Screaming in horror I flew into a frenzy, killing anything that moved towards me. Unluckily these orcs were determined to take my life as well, which delayed me from getting to my mothers side. When only a handful were left, I ran to my mothers side, they started to flee, knowing they would die if they stayed. I lifted my mothers' head and placed it in my lap.
"Mother? Mother?!? Answer me please!" I shouted trying to see how bad she was, I could hear her breath weezing through her nose though.
"I'm sorry *cough, cough* sweetie. I will not be making *cough* the return trip *cough* with you. Tell my sister *cough, cough* that she is in my heart, tell your father when you *cough* see him that I love him. *Cough, cough, cough* Remember that I love you and to always keep your *cough, cough* guard up. Find someone to love and then *cough, cough* keep them near....even if they are a human. *Cough, cough, cough* When you find your *cough* destiny follow it and don't be afraid. Everything will work out. You will see. " As she said this she started to cough up blood. Tears ran down my face but I made sure she didn't see them, otherwise she would be saddened herself. I bent over her and hugged her, letting her words sink into me. As her last breathe weezed through her body I shuddered and let my tears fall, until night appeared.
When I whistled for Vanya and Arettha I grabbed my mothers weapons and placed them with her. Then I grabbed a blanket and wrapped her in it, placing her over Arettha's back. Jumping on Vanya I grabbed the reins to both horses and turned towards Caras Galadhon. Going through the forest I checked for signs of orcs but there was none, so I rode easily for the rest of the night and into the morning. Not stopping I rode right into Caras Galadhon, ignoring the stares I was getting for my mothers lifeless body. I rode right up to the bottom of the lets to the greeting area and stopped. I got down from Vanya and before anyone could question me I collapsed into darkness.
After I awoke I told the tale to my aunt and uncle. By that time the lament for my mother had already been sung, for I had been asleep for three days straight, meaning my father would be here in two to three days. As this thought hit me I curled up on my bed and ignored my aunt and uncle until they left. So many thoughts ran through my head about what my mother said when she died that I didn't realize that night had passed and day had begun, which was when sleep overtook me again. This time when I woke up my father was sitting next to my bed and he looked weary, as if he had known what was happening, but he couldn't get here fast enough. Sitting up I flung myself into his arms and started to cry again, he held me to him and rubbed my back. He had his head resting on my head so I knew when he started to cry as well because the tears wet my hair. For how long we cried with each other I did not know, but when we pulled apart my Aunt Galadriel was standing just inside the doorway, watching us.
"My dear Gandalf, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved my sister Gwilwileth. She is always going to be watching over you and your dear Anameleth. Do not let your sorrow burden you too much for in the coming years there will be trials in which you will have to stay stoic. When you are done talking with Anameleth, please come to talk with myself and Celeborn, we will tell you what happened so as to not strain Anameleth." As Lady Galadriel said this her eyes glistened.
After she left my father and I talked about what mother said before she died, but as Lady Galadriel asked I did not tell him what happened, saving that for them to say. When he left I sat on my bed and started to relive the battle. But just as the memory started a voice not belonging to anyone in Caras Galadhon broke through my biggest memory.
Looking around me I noticed everyone was staring at me and that my face was wet. Reaching up I felt my face to see what was happening when I realized that I was crying. Blushing in embarrassment I got up and climbed my tree as quick as I could, ignoring the calls of my name. Just as I was about to sleep I reached up and grabbed a hold of a necklace I was wearing, then letting sleep take me into its precious arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
pronunciation: (Gwill-will-ehth)

thank you Kare_for_Kurtis and I Am Rubicon for commenting me. :D also thank you I Am Rubicon for helping me out with the major event telling in this one. sorry for the wait, i am taking the stupid PSSA's, which has caused me to fall asleep right after i get home.