Status: Active

Untitled

Bad Happenings

I woke up early in the morning so I decided to walk around the perimeter of the camp to make sure no one had been spying on us. I was also gathering some kindling for the breakfast fire, when I got back to camp everyone was awake and Sam was gathering the food and pots for breakfast. Smiling down at him I set the bundle of kindling next to him and then I climbed up my tree and gathered my weapons and cloak. I jumped down and landed near the rivers edge, which I used to fix my hair back into two braids, and to wash up my face.

"Hey, Ana what did the other female elf mean when you probably had more weapons than all of us put together?" Pippin asked, turning everyone to look at me. I smiled and opened my cloak which was sitting next to me and started to clean my weapons. The daggers were first so I laid all ten of them out in a straight line in front of me. To prepare myself I laid my twin swords next to them, as well as six throwing knives, my bow and quiver,and my small staff.

"She probably meant all of these, but I have a lot more back in my room. These are the weapons I'm most comfortable with, and if I brought any more I would only be burdening myself. Although I do have a few poisons and healing herbs with me as well." I said moving on to cleaning the swords.

"Well breakfast will be done soon, so be prepared to stop cleaning for a bit." Sam said smiling at me. While I continued cleaning Legolas went over to Aragorn and said we should continue moving, and that we should cross the river now, but Aragorn decided against it. About that time was when Sam interrupted asking about Frodo's whereabouts, it was even worse when we found out that Boromir was also gone.

"I'll go check the area northwest of the camp, it is easy to get lost there especially for a hobbit." I said putting all of my weapons on. Two daggers on each arm, and three in each boot, the throwing knives around my waist on a belt, my staff in a brace on my waist, and my bow, quiver, and swords on my back over my cloak.

"How do you know about this area? I thought most elves didn't leave their community." Merry said confused.

"I woke up early so I decided to check the surrounding area to make sure no one was near and i also gathered kindling for the breakfast fire." I said taking off to the northwestern area of the camp.

I'd been looking around for a while when I heard steel against steel and then the horn of Gondor. Gasping I ran towards the sound, drawing my blades at the same time. As soon as I left the dense forest area I met up with a group of uruk-hai, slashing at them all I paid attention to my surroundings to make sure I wasn't ambushed or sneak attacked. When the first wave was down, I ran through a break in them, continuing to the last sound of Boromirs' call for aide. What I found at the end of the sound was a complete heart breaker. Gimli and Legolas were standing over a dying Boromir, and a shocked and grief stricken Aragorn. They whispered for a bit and then he died, we carried his body back to the campsite only to find one of the boats missing. We placed Boromir in one of the boats and set him adrift in the river, then we listened to what Aragorn had to say.

"Boromir said that the uruk-hai took Pippin and Merry with them, which means that Frodo and Sam were the ones who took the boat. Right now we need to get the two hobbits away from the uruk-hai. Frodo is determined to do this alone, but Sam is with him and he will protect his charge and friend." Aragorn said. "Leave whatever we don't need, the uruk-hai already have a head start we don't need to be further disadvantaged."

"You want us to leave Sam and Frodo out there alone? We are supposed to protect the ring and its current bearer until we destroy it in the Fires of Mount Doom!" Legolas said stepping towards Aragorn agressivley.

"Do you wish to leave two hobbits alone with a contingent of uruk-hai? We need to leave now or we won't catch up with them. Frodo and Sam can take care of each other, there is no need to worry. But right now Pippin and Merry cannot take care of themselves and we don't know what the uruk-hai want with them. We need to leave now to save them from death." I said grabbing my pack and heading towards where Aragorn said they were going. I heard footsteps from behind me so I figured someone had followed me. When I got to an open field I turned to see the three men right behind me."From here we need to keep an eye on where the uruk-hai are headed, this will tell us partly why they were taken. About now they are headed in the northern direction, we need to be quick and make sure they can't spot us."

"Yes we know. We should hurry before they get too far away." Aragorn said. With that we took off running after the uruk-hai and hobbits. We had been running for a few hours when Legolas came back to tell us that they were changing their direction, they were headed towards Isengard. We took off after them running faster than before, trying to catch up even more. When night approached we had to slow down and make camp, for fear of coming upon them and being surprised. I cooked up two rabbits that had been caught by Aragorn, and a small thing of elven tea, which I carried with me.

"Why can't we go after them now? Those poor hobbits are probably terrified right now. We have to get to them as soon as we can, sitting here waiting for dawn will not help us. Especially if those uruk-hai keep going through the night." Gimli grumbled not liking our choice of action.

"Master Dwarf, if we continue to chase after those uruk-hai in the dead of night we will inadvertently come upon them and we might do more harm than good. What happens if they have scouts and we get attacked and injured from them, how will we get through a whole contingent of uruk-hai, find the hobbits, and safely leave if we are attacked before hand. Also, if we continue running to catch up with them, by the time we get there we will be to exhausted to fight all of those uruk-hai and we will be captured or killed. Now do you understand the choice of stopping for the night?" I asked turning the rabbits on their spits. Gimli just growled at me and turned away from the fire, not making a response to my tirade.

"Gimli don't ignore her when she is giving good reasons to stop for the night. We will back after them as soon as daybreak arrives. Do not worry about those hobbits they can take care of themselves. Neither one will leave the other, they will watch each others back, and they will try and escape if they have the chance." Aragorn said, the only one able to talk to Gimli without him grumbling at them. Gimli grumbled some more and then he turned around to facing us. We all ate when the food was ready, and then we took shifts in watching camp until daybreak.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i haven't updated in a while. :D i will try to update more, but school is starting soon. but i o longer have writers block...right now. Pronunciation Guide: