Status: Active

Untitled

Overwhelming Grief

Aragorn had us up and about before the sun hit the sky, much to the complaints of the Master Dwarf. His surly attitude was actually quite something to see, which was entertainment for those of us who paid attention to him, mainly myself.
Running cross country was something that didn't really appeal to me, but it was necessary to be able to find our two trouble making hobbits. We had been running for hours when we got clear of wooded area. From there we were running cross country, but up and down hills as well. Gimli was fine getting down hills, but up them was another thing. One of those times Aragorn was kneeling on a rock listening to the earth, Legolas was looking out towards where the Uruk-Hai were just a shadow on the land, and I was waiting to make sure Gimli did not fall back down the incline.....again. All of a sudden Aragorn jumped up and Legolas turned around.
"Their pace has quickened, like they have picked up our scent." Aragorn said hurriedly.
"It's like demons are whipping them from behind. The are changing direction, moving South, towards Isengard. Their master is urging them to hurry. We must go." Legolas said.
"No food, no water, and no sign of our quarry but what bare rock can tell." Gimli said in disgust from behind me.
Aragorn ignored him and ran down the side of the hill, with Legolas right behind him.
"Come Gimli, Ana we are gaining on them." Legolas shouted up to us. I laughed and ran down the hill to see Aragorn kneeling on the ground next to a footprint. Legolas was next to him and he picked something up.
"Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall." Aragorn said looking at the small leaf held in Legolas' fingers. "Hurry we may yet catch them."
We started to leave when Gimli came rolling down the hill, and jumped into a run.
"Us dwarves are wasted on cross country, but give us a short distance and we will win. We're natural sprinters." He grumbled running up behind us.
We continued to run, following the path set before us from the contingent of Uruk-Hai. We travelled well into the night but, we soon had to stop before we fell from exhaustion, we were no help to the two hobbits that way. We settled near a stream and had fish for dinner, then it was back to our guard shifts, only this time we were in shifts of two.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long. thanks Rubicon for the comment :D they're always appreciated. 10 subscribers *does really weird happy dance* *gets weird looks from people around her* what??? dont judge cause my happy dance is better than yours. :p lol j/k