Status: Active! Comments are awesome.

Spreading Roots

After getting a call on one of his father's old cell phones, Dean Winchester lands himself on Marilyn Baker's doorstep in a drunken haze. She spins a tall, far-fetched tale for him. If he was in his right mind he never would have believed it. With the recent loss of his brother however, he is willing to accept any job that presents itself in order for him to get his mind off everything.

Something else, or rather someone has caught his attention... enough for him to be even more willing to stay there for a few days and check the case out.

Devon Baker.

Fifteen years old, and a spitfire for her age when she wants to be. She may know her way around an engine, and God knows she can run her mouth when the moment's right, but when Dean Winchester turns up half drunk in her own house, she's stumped.

First, she has yet to figure out what the hell her mother is rambling about. And she has no idea how her mom even knows Dean, or better yet, why she doesn't want them around each other... at all.

Her family may be pretty screwed up, Devon always knew that much; for the most part she accepted it. With Dean in town however, something feels off. Are there more family secrets that not even she knows about, and will Dean unknowingly help her dig them up?

Image

Disclaimer: Obviously, Eric Kripke created the world of what we know as Supernatural. I don't own Dean or any other character or place that is familiar. However, I created Devon and any original characters, as well as the plot line. I would hope you respect that and do not attempt to steal either of those things. No profit is being made from this fan fiction, and is for entertainment purposes only.
  1. Prologue
    Takes place after 'Swan Song'.
  2. One
    Devon
  3. Two
    Dean
  4. Three
    Devon
  5. Four
    Dean
  6. Five
    Devon
  7. Six
    Dean
  8. Seven
    Devon
  9. Eight
    Dean
  10. Nine
    Devon
  11. Ten
    Dean
  12. Eleven
    Devon
  13. Twelve
    Dean
  14. Thirteen
    Devon
  15. Fourteen
    Dean
  16. Fifteen
    Dean
  17. Sixteen
    Devon