Born This Way

I'm On The Right Track...

Now I find myself on stage, my little monsters cheering and screaming for me. I fought long and hard to get this far. Endless performances in clubs and bars won my fame. I did it the old fashioned way. I earned this fame. The lights shone over me and the dancers, as I sang my heart out. They were my friends, they helped me get to where I am. I am grateful for their love, their passion, and their courage. Each monster is unique, but all share the same purpose.

The purpose to be who they want to be!

My lungs burned with determination as I danced and sang. But, like all good things, it all came to an end. I turned to them, bowed, and took a deep breath.
"You have made me strong Little Monsters. You have made me brave. And Now I will be brave for you!" The wave of screams indicated their agreement. I waited, gazing out to the flood of people beyond this stage. No, not a stage. A pedestal where I happily stood.

I sighed.
"It doesn't matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M!"
Screams.
"Just put your paws up!"
Screams.
"Cos you're a god damn superstar, and you were born this way!"

The roar of screaming fans filled my soul with joy. I felt like a subway kid. At first I was lonely, empty, and had nowhere to go. But now I rejoiced the truth, I was proud to be me, proud to be alive. It broke my heart to walk away from something so perfect, but excited to meet another generation in the world.

My momma was right, I am on the right track.
I was born this way.