Status: On Hiatus - Not sure when I'll be updating again...

Something Ends, Another Begins

Chapter Twenty Two

I slammed my locker shut in frustration and I heard Cameron chuckle beside me. "It's not funny," I said through my teeth, trying to stay calm.

Cameron's smile dropped and he cleared his throat. "Of course it's not funny," he replied. "I just don't see why you're so pissed. A D plus on a test is not completely terrible."

I sighed and pressed my back up against my locker. "You don't understand," I mumbled. "I practically studied my ass off for this Calculus test only to have Mrs. Sanders put problems on the test we never even went over and make the test timed."

Cameron pressed his back against a locker next to me. "Well, that's what you get for being so smart and going into an AP math class."

"I know," I groaned, covering my face with my hands.

I soon felt Cameron gently tugging my hands away from my face as he said, "Listen, I know you're used to getting good grades on everything all the time, but one bad test grade is not going to kill you. It's just one grade."

I shrugged and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I suppose," I replied. "I guess I just have a lot of other stuff going on and I'm just stressed out."

I saw Cameron dig through his backpack until he pulled out a can of soda. "Do you want my soda?" he asked, holding the can out to me. "It will make you feel better."

I laughed and took the can away from his hands. "Sure, thanks."

A few silent moments later, Christie appeared in front of us with a wide smile on her face. "Hey, guys," she said cheerfully.

"Hey, Christie," Cameron said, smiling at her, while I took a sip of the soda.

"Hey, Chris," I replied.

"Okay," Christie said and I could tell she was going to tell us some news. "Tell me you guys aren't doing anything tomorrow night."

Cameron and I exchanged confused glances. "I don't have any plans," I said slowly.

"Me neither," Cameron added.

"Oh, great, then you guys can come to my party at my house."

"Since when do you throw parties?" Cameron asked.

Christie gave him a look and replied, "Since my parents are going to be out of town for the whole weekend visiting my aunt and uncle at their lake house. This is, like, the first time I'll be home alone for an entire weekend and I want to celebrate."

"Alright, then I will be there. The whole dance team is going to be there, right?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah, why?" Christie replied.

Cameron smiled widely. "Sweet. It's just good to know beforehand that I will encounter some hot girls."

I rolled my eyes and ignored Cameron's comment. "Chris," I said, "You do know that teenagers and parties are not really a good mix."

Cameron groaned. "Ali, why do you have to be such a mom sometimes?"

"Yeah, Ali," Christie agreed. "Don't worry so much. I know you're not really a party person but you'll have fun, I promise. Please come?"

"Yeah, Ali, please come?" Cameron imitated Christie's pleading voice and pleading look.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Fine, I'll come. But I can't promise I'll stay long."

"Yay!" Christie exclaimed. "Okay, I already mentioned this to Jenny and she's going to bring Zachary. Both you and Jenny are going to come to my house right after school so we can get ready together." I figured there was no point in arguing with her so I just nodded along and accepted.

After Christie left, I felt Cameron touch my shoulder. "Are you sure you want to come?" he asked.

"Yeah, why not?" I replied. "I kind of need a break from school and everything else right now."

"Okay, I just don't want you to do anything you don't want to."

I was still getting used to Cameron being all sweet and caring around me. "I'll be fine, Cameron. I know you'll be there to save me from any trouble I will get into." I joked.

Cameron laughed. "Right. Like you could get into any trouble at a party. You'll probably be walking around and making sure everyone uses a coaster for their drinks."

I gasped and pretended to be offended. "I am not that bad," I exclaimed.

"Right, sure you aren't," Cameron said with a hint of sarcasm. That's when the bell rang indicating it was time for sixth period.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a short, filler chapter. It's just to lead into the next chapter, which will have a lot going on. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :]