Status: Uber Active!

Always Something More

Chapter 16

"What do you think your going to do to your nails?" Gabi asked as she drove to the salon.

"I'm thinking just a plain french manicure. What about you?"

"Oh yeah I was thinking about doing that also."

"I love french manicures. I hate how girls get bright colors and these outragous designs. They just look bad."

"Oh my gosh! I know, I dont understand girls sometimes." she let out a laugh.
Gabi was really easy to talk to. We had been talking through out the car ride. It was as if we had been friends for a while now.

We got to the nail salon and and the nail people brought us to our stations right next to each other. One thing I hated when I get my nails done, were the nail people, I could never understand them with their thick accents. I would make a complete fool of myself when they'd ask me a question but I would just laugh and gave a nod because I had no clue what they were saying.

"So do you have a boy toy in Michigan?" Gabi turned towards me and gave me a curious look. I couldn't hind my smile and my blush.

"ohh you do, whats his name?" she got all giddy.

"His name is Andy. and ugh hes amazing." I said as my smile grew.

"Where did you meet him?"

"When I moved back to Michigan a few years ago, he was in my homeroom and in my gym class and we just kind of clicked. we had been friends but it wasnt until recently that we've started to flirt more and show each other our feelings for the other."

"Aw thats so cute. You guys will be highschool sweet hearts."

"Oh yes, were going to the same college also, so that'd be nice to be with him while at college."

"Aw Rae, thats just so cute." Gabi was so funny and such a girl. Getting so excited to hear my story.

"So are you happy to be back in Arizona?"

"Yeah I suppose. It's been a rough start, I'm not on the greatest terms with some people but hanging out with Kennedy has been great. We've always been like brother and sister."

"Oh really! how long have you guys known each other?"

"Since elementary school. His family and my family have always been close. He actually has his own room at my house."

"Yeah that's what hes said. You have a sister right? Carmen?"

I rolled my eyes when Gabi said Carmens name and she gave a laugh. "What?"

"Her and I aren't on the greatest terms. We haven't talked since the other night at the concert and even then it was't that great." Gabi's face gave a small pout.

"Oh thats to bad. Why are you guys fighting?" and here it comes. here comes all the questions. Here comes the story. and here comes the judging. once she heard the story she would probably not want to be my friend.

"It's kind of a long story. It's why I moved back to Michigan and yeah its not that interesting." I tried to make it seem like it wasnt that big of a deal, make it seem boring so maybe she wouldnt ask, i didnt want to ruin this fun girls day out with my lame story.

"We'll seeing that were in a nail salon, it might take a while, I think we have time for a story. If you want, I'm just saying" I suddenly got nervous. sure she seem like a good person and wouldnt never hurt me, she seemed really nice. Maybe she could be that person that i could lean on also not for protection,that was kennedys job, but just to have another friend.

Kennedy and I were in my room doing homework and listening to a mix CD that he had made.

"Aw John. their beautiful. why did you get them?" we heard Carmen squeeling over something.

We both looked at each other and had the same confused look on our faces. We jumped up and went to the top of the stairs and saw Carmen looking down at her hands.

"We'll you were talking about some earrings, and i was at the mall with my mom today and and I saw them and thought of you." John said with a smile. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach.

“You shouldn't wish to be her, you have a good life.” Kennedy was always optimistic.

“Yeah but I don't have John.” I said softly but he still heard me.

“You know what would be funny if you went to the party this weekend dressed liked Carmen and fooled John you were her, once he gets drunk hes basically a retard.” he said with a small laugh trying to lighten the mood.

“That's actually a good plan. I bet it'd work.” this got me to think. What if I did go and fooled John, I could get Carmen distracted and she would never know.

“You could find out what shes wearing and dress exactly the same. And when your ready I can hang out with Carmen so she won't find you. How funny would that be if that happened.” he started to laugh.

“That would be amazing.” I started to smile.

“Oh John your amazing. I love you.” she went over and gave him a hug and a kiss. I turned around and went back to my room, i could watch any more.

“She's so lucky, I just wish I was her.”

“But its a stupid plan and it wouldn't be that easy. But it'd be funny.” he started to talk about something else but I wasn’t paying attention. I couldn't help but think about that plan. Everyone said me and Carmen looked a like, so fooling John would be easy.

“Rae are you listening to me?” I snapped out of my thoughts

“Sorry, what?”

“I just asked if you wanted something to drink I'm going down stairs to get a coke.” he started to get off the bed and pull up his jeans.

“I'll just come with you.”

As we went down stairs to the kitchen John and Carmen were already there.

“Oh my gosh Rae guess what John bought me?” I shrugged my shoulders and I shock my head from side to side.

She pulled her hair behind her ears. “Diamond earrings!” she basically screamed it.

“Oh wow Car their so pretty. What a great boyfriend you have.”
she looked up at him and gave him a smile “I know.” he leaned down and gave her a kiss.

“I bet they'd look amazing on me also.” I said.

“Ha ha no way Rae, you are not wearing these babies.” her face faded to a more serious one.

“I'm just saying, we look so much a like, they'd probably look good on me.”

“We might look a like but your still not wearing them.”

“Sometimes I cant believe John never mixes us up.” I said curiously

“Well Johns not stupid. And we don't look that much a like.”

“I bet if we tried we could fool him, maybe not for that long but he'd still be confused.”

“Rae what are you talking about. Your sounding crazy.”

I wasn't crazy, if Carmen and I switched places at the party this weekend I bet John wouldn't know. Like what Kennedy said John gets pretty stupid when he's drinking. He of course would eventually figure it out but at first he wouldn't know and once he figured it out it'd be to late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outifits
my dog woke me up this morning,like usual, and i had nothing else to do so i thought id type this up and put it out.
so the next few chapters will be flashbacks and explaining everything.are you guys ready?
give me your thoughts.
Comment and Subscribe.please and thank you.
<3