Status: Uber Active!

Always Something More

Chapter 17

We left the nail salon about an hour later and decided to go out to get some lunch.

The drive was quiet and a little awkward. This is why I didn't want to tell her, I didn't want to scare her off.

“Can I just ask one question?” Gabi asked as she looked at me then back to the road.

“Yeah shoot.”

“Did you actually think that was a good plan?”

I let out a small nervous laugh “I-I don't know. I guess but I knew it was a stupid plan but I just wanted John.” I said as I looked out the window.

“Your crazy, you know that? Johns really not worth all of that trouble.”

“I know I know, trust me I know now, but back then he was worth it.” I said the last part softly.

“Car why do you see me as a little kid? I'm 16!” I said strictly

“Exactly your 16! This is a party with alcohol, drugs and guys who are so much older than you and want to take advantage of you.”

“Yeah but I'll be with Kennedy, he'll protect me. Not that I need it but he'll be there for me.” Kennedy was always over protected of me, it was as if he was my older brother.

“I don't know Rae, I don't want anything to happen to my baby sister.”

“I'm not a baby. And I've been to parties before.”

“Yeah but this one is different.”

“Please Carmen. I'll be safe I promise.” I folded my hands over the other and begged for my sister to say yes.

“Fine but you have to stay with Kennedy, if anything happens just find him or me or anyone else.”

I ran up to her and gave her a hug “OMG! You are the best sister in the world. Thank You!” I basically screamed in her ear

“Can we go shopping for outfits?”

“Yeah tomorrow we can go, I'm suppose to go out with John tonight.” I rolled my eyes.

“Oh nice.” I said plainly and went to the kitchen.

“But tomorrow you and I can go to the strip mall and find outfits and then...”

I cut her off“Wait what about dad? He wont let me go to the party?”

“Just say you're sleeping over Megs house. He'll buy that.”

“Your so smart Car.” I said as I turned around and ran up the stairs to my room.

”Carmen said I can go to the party!!! I quickly typed out and texted Kennedy.

“sweet! Do you want to go together? I'll pick you up at 8ish?”

”Yeah that'd be nice”

”I think I'm coming over tomorrow, we can talk about it then”

”oh really?cool”

He didn't text me back but our conversation was over with. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for bed. I wanted to be rested up for the shopping spree tomorrow.

+

“Rae wake up, I want to leave soon!” I felt Carmen nudging me in the back.

“I'm up, I'm up,go away” I said as I tried to swat her away.

“Alright but get up now.” she said as she got off my bed

“I am”

As she was leaving she pulled down my blankets to make sure I was actually waking up.

I got dressed and went to the kitchen for breakfast. My dad was up and looked ready for work.

“Good morning dad” I said happily

“Morning” he said in his usual monotone voice.

“Are you ready to go Rae?” Carmen came into the kitchen and looked at me. She was so impatient, she always had to be on time or on some kind of schedule even though it was winter break and we had no schedule.

“Yeah, let me grab a cereal bar and we can go.”

We drove to downtown to a big strip mall that had the usual stores like Forever 21, American Eagle, PAC Sun and a few other good stores.

We walked around, in and out of stores buying clothing that we didn't need at all. We stopped at a small little sandwich shop and got some lunch around noon and then went back to shopping. Neither of us had found a good outfit for Saturday. We went into a small little boutique and looked around. Carmen tired on this black and white animal print strapless dress. I waited for her outside the dressing room and when she came out she looked absolutely stunning.

“What a babe! Carmen your hott!” I said as I made whistle sounds.

“Oh shut up, your embarrassing me.” she said as we put her hands up to her face to cover the blush.

“Well its true. You look amazing. I think this is the one for you.” I gave her a huge smile.

She strutted around the hallway of the dressing room, stopping in front of the mirror and turning around to see every angle to make sure it was the one.

“Yeah your right, this is defiantly the dress for me. I cant wait to show up at the party and see Johns face.”

“Oh yeah for sure.” I said with a pretend smile. I didn't want to think about that. I want to think about finding a dress that would top Carmen’s so when John saw me he'd want me.

“Now we just need to find you a dress.” she said as she was back in the dressing room changing.

“Yeah but Kennedy just texted me saying he wanted to come over tonight, so I think we should head home soon.”

“Oh okay we can come back early tomorrow.”

“Sure, or I can ask dad for the car tomorrow and come alone it doesn't matter.”

“Okay that’s fine, if you want me to go I will but it doesn’t matter.”

she came out of the dressing room and we went to pay for the dress and headed home.

As we drove in the drive way Kennedy's car was already there. I jumped out quickly got all my bags and headed inside and saw him and my dad talking in the living room.

“Hey guys.” I said as I interrupted the two of them.

I walked over to Kennedy and wrapped an arm around him as he did the same..

“How was shopping?” he asked looking down at me

“it was fun, bought some new clothes. Carmen bought this really pretty dress”

“Sounds like a fun girl time. Do you wanna go get something to eat?” Kennedy asked

“Yeah let me go get changed and freshen up.”

“Alright.”

We drove to a Panera Bread and sat at one of the tables there.
“So Carmen’s dress is so pretty, I think I wanna go back to that same store to get my dress. When I got your text, we kind of rushed back home.”

“If you want we can go tonight.”

“Really? Yeah you can help me”

“Oh great, were going to be in there forever” he let out a sigh and lightly smacked his forehead.

“I wont be long, half hour max.”


Gabi and I's lunches came and we ate as I kept on telling the story. She sat and listened, nodding her head or laughed when I said something funny.

“Kennedy is the only guy I know who will go shopping with me.” She said. I let out a laugh and nodded my head.

“it's so true, and he gives insight on what looks good and what doesn't. He's a perfect shopping buddy.”

We both died of laughter. Tears were forming in her eyes she was laughing so hard.

I felt my phone vibrate against the table, I picked it up and saw that Andy had texted me.

”Hey, I got good news” I smiled to myself.

“Oh yeah? And whats that?” I texted back and put the phone and. As I looked up Gabi was already looking at me.

“By the smile on your face I'm guessing your texting you boy from back home.”

“Yes, he texted me saying he has some good news.”

my phone vibrated again.

”I got a week off from work.”

My smile instantly grew bigger, I started to wiggle around in my seat from the excitement.

“Really? OMG that is awesome, When?”

“Whats going on?” Gabi asked.

“Andy said...” my phone when off again.

”Well since I don't have work on the weekends and if I leave early Saturday morning, I’d get in Sunday night. Is that too soon?”

“Oh My Gosh. He's coming here soon. Oh my gosh oh my gosh.” I yelled out.

“No way! I cant wait to meet him.”

“That's perfect. I cant wait to see you Andy.” I texted back.

I kept on texting back and forth for a better plan. I was so excited, I couldn't wait for everyone well mostly Kennedy and Gabi to meet him. But to have him around would make me feel so much better and I might actually be happy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rae
What do you guys think?
i want to hear all of your thoughts.
what do you think will happen when Andy comes?
read my new story Passenger Seat