Status: Uber Active!

Always Something More

Chapter 18

We stayed at the restaurant, we bought a dessert and shared it. The lunch rush was finally over so less people were around us, which was nice.

“So when will Andy be here?” Gabi asked.

“Oh on Sunday night, he said he'd be leaving early tomorrow morning and would get here late Sunday night.”

“Oh god that must be a long drive.”

I nodded my head “Yeah but I think he'll enjoy it, we always went on a random drives.”

“Aw that's cute.”

I just nodded my head in agreement. I took another bite of the brownie with ice cream.

“So what did you dress look like?”

I looked at her with a confused face “What?”

“At that party you went to, did you buy the same dress as your sister?”

“Oh...”

”Hey guys! Do you need any help?” said a cute fashionable sales clerk.

“Oh no, just browsing for now. Thank you.” I told her with a smile and went to the back of the room where all the dresses were hanging up. I found the dress that Carmen had just bought a few hours earlier. I picked out my size and went to the dressing room.

“I like that one.” Kennedy said.

“I know its so pretty.” I neglected to tell him that this was Carmen's new dress.

I went to the dressing rooms and told Kennedy to stay by the doorway so I could come out and show him what it looked like on.

“Are you almost done?” Kennedy shouted.

“I'm almost done, hod your horses.”

“I found another dress you should try on.'

I came out of the dressing room and both our faces lit up when we saw each other. The dress Kennedy was holding was so much cuter than the one I was wearing now. It was the same design but was pink. And Kennedy's had a huge smile on.

“Wow Rae, you look so grown up.”

“Like I could get into a club with out an I.D”

I shook his head “No not that old, anyways your not allowed at clubs, their so dangerous for you.”

“Oh shut up. Once I turn 18 ill be known at the clubs. Now give me that dress, that one is way cuter.”

I ran back to the dressing room making Kennedy laughing.

“OMG! This is the dress.” Before I opened the door I pulled down the dress as much as I could because I knew Kennedy would yell at me for how short it was. I opened up the door and came out and as Kennedy look up, I saw his eyes look up my long tan legs, I saw the tint of red go across his face, his eyes wound up to check and then to my eyes. His smile grew as eyes traveled up my body. I couldn't help but to laugh at how cute he was right now.

“What do you think?” I walked closer to him and went to the big mirrors.

“Y-You look, wow. Um You look a-amazing.”

“I think this is the one.” I said excitingly.

“I don't know Rae. You're showing a lot of skin.”

“Well Dad it goes passed my fingers tips, so its not that short.” I put my hands to the sides to show that it was long enough.

“If I get in trouble for you wearing that I'm not your friend anymore.”

“I'm fine with that.” I turned around and went back to my dressing room.

“Hey, you'd miss me punk.”

“Eh maybe. Probably not though.”

I bought the dress and found a cute pair of shoes at the shoe store down the strip mall.

We were just walking around now, after getting some ice cream. I felt my phone vibrate, I pulled it out and it was Garrett texting me.

”Hey babe”

I slowed down my paced to try and text him back but it was kind of hard since I was holding my ice cream cone.

“Hii. Whats going on?”

”Are you going to the party?”

I was getting aggregated with texting so instead I called him.

“Hey” he said

“Sorry I'm out with Kennedy and we got ice cream and it was hard to text and hold my ice cream cone. Yeah I'm. I hope your going?”

“I am going. I was wondering if you wanted me to take you?”

“Oh” I said sadly “Kennedy already said he'd take me. I'm sorry” Kennedy looked down at me when he heard his name come out of my mouth.

“Oh right, that’s cool. I guess I’ll just see you there then.” I heard the hurt in his voice but I would be with him the whole night, it was just a ride, nothing else.”

“I'm sorry, if you want I can just tell Kennedy that you'll bring me.”

“No, its whatever. Don't worry about it.” I nodded my head slowly even thought he couldn't see me. I felt bad it was just a ride.

“Well I have to go, I'll text you later.” he said in a rush to get off the phone.

“Yeah talk to you later.” I said and we hung up.

“what was that all about.” Kennedy said and he gestured to sit down on a bench.

“I have no clue, I feel like he got mad that you're bring me.” I looked over at and looked up at him.

“If you want go with him I don’t mind at all.”

“that's what I said to him but he insisted that on you taking me. Whatever, he's just being weird.”

we sat on the bench for about 20 minutes, finishing our ice creams and having a light conversation.

We headed back to the car and drove back to my house. We sat in a comfortable silence with Something Corporate playing in the background. He pulled up to the curb and let me get out.

“So I'll text you tomorrow with a plan on when I’ll pick you up.”

“that sounds good.”

“But it'll probably be around 7 or 8.”

“Alrighty, I cant wait. Thanks for tonight I had fun.” I leaned over and gave Kennedy a hug. I opened up the door and gave him one last wave before shutting it. He rolled down the window and called out to me. I looked back at him and asked what was up.

“Just remember that if I get in trouble for letting you buy that dress, were not friends anymore.” he said with a soft laugh.

“Whatever Kennedy.” I turned back around and went up to my house.
Carmen was home which was good because I didn't want her to see the dress just yet. She would have to wait til the party to get a good look at it. '6

I got ready for bed and laid in my bed. I tried texting Garrett but he never answered. I didn't want to think about what had happened earlier, it was fair that he got so angry at me for something so stupid. He'd probably see me tomorrow at the party and want to forget what had happened.

I heard Carmen and John come in and close the door. They were giggling about something but then it went quiet, obviously kissing each other.

I heard John softly say “I love you” to her and then went back to make up. I could just picture them down there. Carmen's arms were around Johns neck as Johns arms were around her waist pulling her in closer to him. Carmen probably smiled up at John when she heard him say I love you, and leaned up and gave him another kiss. It was exactly how I thought of when I thought of me and John being together.

I heard them trying to be quiet as they went up the stairs into her room. I was glad our rooms were separated from each others so I wouldn't have to listen to them anymore. I still put on my IPod to block out all sound and try to fall asleep. It was hard to fall asleep all I could think about was the party that was the next day, I hadn't been to a party in a while. I wanted to make this one a good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have almost 100 readers but only 14 subscribers? whats up with that? pleasee subscribe!!
But thank you to all the readers, you guys are awesome <3

So the party scene is next chapter, are you guys ready? any predictions. please also comment i love reading all comments love and hate so say whatever you feel.

Read my other JohnO story Passenger Seat

Comment
Subscirbe