Status: Active? Occasionally active? Sporadically active?

The Wolf Girl

Rejected

I creaked open the door of Dad’s cop car and took in the unimpressive white house surrounded by green and brown foliage. It wasn’t spectacular, it wasn’t breathtaking, it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary.
And it was absolutely perfect.
“Didn’t change much, did it Bells?” he asked, casting a hopeful glance towards her.
Bella looked it over and her face was bleak. “No. No it didn’t.” I don’t think she thought that was necessarily a good thing.
“I love it Dad.” I piped up. I really did, it was so quaint and cute.
He glanced over at me and it almost seemed like he faltered. But I probably was just imagining things. “Oh. That’s good.” The three of us stood and leaned against the cruiser. I sighed and spoke up.
“Can we go inside? It’s chilly.” A wet breeze blew by and goose bumps on my bare arms.
Dad nodded and all three of us grabbed as much baggage as we could and lugged it up to the house (Bella slipped twice on the slick steps).
We stepped in and though it was utterly cute, it was also utterly dark. I could make out the back of a couch, and an old TV (I think it might’ve had antennas) and a kitchen to the left. It wasn’t much, just a round table with a counter to the side. Past the fridge was a staircase that I could only assume led to the upstairs.
“Bella, you know where your old room is, right?” Dad asked.
“Vaguely.” She muttered, and I hoped I was the only one who heard as she brushed past us and hauled her luggage up the stairs.
Dad looked down at me but quickly averted his gaze to my bags adorning the floor. “I’ll show you to your room.”
I saluted. “Lead the way, chief!”
He looked at me then picked up the bags and walked up the stairs.
What? I thought that was funny.
But I just sighed and followed him, me chattering his ear off the entire way up.
We entered my room and I gasped. Hardwood floors, yellow walls, a desk pushed up against the window…. I turned to my father with my jaw on the ground. He chuckled lightly and rubbed the back of his head.
“So I take it you like the room?”
“Like it? I love it! It’s perfect!” I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. He patted my back awkwardly.
“I’m going to go check on Bells.” He said that and practically sprinted out the door, leaving me feeling…unwanted.
I fell back on my bed and sighed. Maybe coming here was a mistake. I lived with the two most awkward people in the world and it was making me feel not so good. I just wanted to please everyone, and I felt like I wasn’t.

Image

The sound of a car honking startled me out of my sleep. I stretched and yawned and scrunched up my face as I realized I was wearing jeans and still had my shoes on. Then my eyes darted around the room and my heart started to race.
I calmed down when I realized I was in Forks, in my father’s house, in my new room. Then the disappointment started to creep in. I didn’t really want to be in Forks, in my father’s house, or in my new room. But it wasn’t like I was going to call my mom and tell her that I wanted to leave, especially since it hadn’t even been a day.
Or had it? How long was I sleeping?
“Dad? Bella?” I called as I made my way down the stairs; trying, and failing to run my fingers through the knots in my straight black hair. They weren’t in the kitchen, they weren’t in the living room.
I peered out the window in the door and saw Bella and Dad talking to a girl and a man in a wheelchair.
I opened the door and stepped out into the chilly air. The trees were green and the pavement slick with water. I rubbed my shoulders and saw a big orange truck in the driveway. I blushed as I realized the “girl” wasn’t actually a girl, but a boy with long hair. So…there was a girl-boy, a man in a wheelchair, and a big orange truck. Confused much? I was.
“Who are you?” I asked, wearing a smile. I stepped in between Bella and Dad, who looked slightly sick
The man in the wheelchair smiled easily. He seemed…nice. Approachable. He had long, graying black hair braided in a plait down his back and brown skin that crinkled around his eyes.
“I’m Billy Black, and this is my son Jacob.” Jacob was a tall beanpole who couldn’t seem to take his eyes off my sister. I smiled. “We’re friends of Charlie’s. Jake here fixed the truck for Bella.” I turned to the side, did a double take, and finally noticed the huge orange truck Bella was leaning on. “Who are you?”
“Me? I’m Deena.” They still looked confused. “Bella’s twin? Charlie’s daughter?”
Jacob looked like he saw a ghost, Billy looked at me in pity, and Dad looked like he was about to puke.
Billy delicately skirted around the subject. “We had no idea that Charlie’s other daughter was coming to Forks as well. I guess you’ll have to share the truck now.”
I nodded, but I wasn’t really paying attention. Charlie’s other daughter? What was that supposed to mean? Did he tell people Bella was coming, and not me?
“Me and Bella were just going to take the truck for a ride.” Said Jacob. Bella shot a look at me, and he stuttered. “You can come too, Deena, if you want.”
“Uh, it’s Dee. And no, it’s okay. Have fun.” They didn’t seem to notice the hurt and my voice as Bella jumped to open the truck door and hit Jacob with it in the process. I rolled my eyes. Classic Bella.
I stood in the driveway and watched them drive away. My shoulders slumped and I looked to Billy and Dad and plastered a smile on my face.
“Why don’t you come in, Billy. I’m sure we can find some game for you to watch.” Without waiting for an answer, I trudged inside. I heard Billy wheeling himself in, and I heard him and my dad whisper to each other.
When we came back into the house I kicked off the boots that were now muddied and went upstairs. On the third step, Billy stopped me.
“Why don’t you watch TV with us, Deena?” I smiled. He was really nice.
“It’s okay. I’m tired and I have some unpacking to do.”
I changed out of my jeans and got into sweatpants, then crawled into my bed. Against my pillows, the whole world was forgotten, and I fell into the deep lull of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'mmmmmmmm not that impressed with this chapter....idk. Tell me what you thnk.
I have state tests tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll update. I have no homework, because of said tests, which might mean I'll update again. But I might not update, due to exhaustion from aforementioned tests. I don't really know.
And now I have FIVE active stories I'm writing. FIVE. I don't know if that's a lot to you, but it's a lot to me. But I can't delete any, and I obviously can't stop thinking of new story ideas. Check out my new story, The Barrio. It's really fun to write :)
Comment, s'il vous plait. Merci!