Status: Active? Occasionally active? Sporadically active?

The Wolf Girl

Cafeteria.

Bella’s truck roared down the deserted road. I leaned my forehead against the cool window and attempted to stifle my chuckle as my eyelashes brushed against condensation on the glass. It was too funny to imagine Bella driving that blatant death trap. She was a more…subtle girl.
I spotted a clear area up ahead, where there was miraculously no trees or plants or bugs (at least I hoped). It was Forks High School, Home of the Spartans.
Bella swerved violently into the parking lot (she’s a maniac on the road) and searched for an open space. I noticed that no one really had a great car anyway, so we didn’t get too many looks for the monster we were driving. Except for two cars parked up front. A shiny Volvo and a bright red Jeep. I rolled my eyes. Way to flaunt your wealth.
The door screeched open and I jumped down. I fixed my hair then walked around to the driver’s side. Bella still was in the car, wiping off a smudge of milk on the corner of her mouth, peering into the rear view mirror.
“Hey, sweetheart. You look gorgeous. Let’s go,” I hollered.
Bella sighed and jumped out of the car. We walked towards the brick school. People were looking at us like we were aliens. “Why are you so cynical today?”
I ignored the stares and didn’t even try to shield my head from the mist coming down from the dark grey sky. “I am not cynical. I’m never cynical.” Bella looked at me dryly. “Maybe I am. Just a little. I don’t know, I’m just not…happy.”
Bella stopped and put a hand on my arm. “Not happy? You?” Her eyes softened. “What’s wrong?”
I slumped. “I don’t know. Anyway, I don’t want to talk about it. Can’t we just go to class?” I snapped, storming down the hall.
“Uh, Dee?”
I spun around. “What?”
“We have to get schedules and locker combos and all our information.”
“Oh.”
“Come on.”
I huffed dramatically and swept back towards the office.
Bell’s laugh followed me like bells chiming in the wind.
You see? What I did there? No?
Ok then.

Image

Cafeterias are nightmares.
I felt like a total idiot standing alone with my tray. People brushed past me without a second thought. Bella, on the other hand, was getting all the attention in the world. Some boy named Matt Newt (Matt Salamander? Max New? I had no clue) was all over her, as well as a couple others. And me? I was standing alone in a cafeteria. If there was an empty table, I would’ve sat there. But every table was filled and I was left looking like an idiot.
A soft hand grasped my elbow and I turned around and saw a nice looking girl with light brown hair and bright blonde do-it-yourself streaks. She smiled big and I couldn’t help but smile back.
“You’re new right?” I nodded silently, “Do you want to sit with me?”
I let out a sigh of relief. “I’d love to!”
She guided me over to a rectangular table occupied by two other girls. “I’m Marla. You’re Charlie Swan’s daughter, right?”
I smiled. Finally, someone in this town actually knew who I was! “Yeah, I am. My name’s Deena.”
“I’m Lauren,” said a pretty girl with curly hair and nice eyes.
“Marina.” She had dark hair and ghostly pale skin.
“Nice to meet you.” Making friends wasn’t hard. It was never hard for me. I don’t know why I was being so pessimistic.
After a few minutes of light chatter, Marla gave a sharp intake of breath. “There they are.”
Marina laughed and Lauren rolled her eyes. I looked at Marla confused.
Marla grabbed Lauren’s hand, who sat next to her, and put it against her chest. “Feel that Lauren? That’s my heart giving out as I look at those beautiful creatures.”
Lauren recoiled and shook her hand as if something dirty was on it. “Don’t do that. It’s weird.”
Marla ignored her. “OK Deena, I’m going to teach you a thing or two about the Forks High School social pyramid. Those people over there,” She pointed across the cafeteria and I discreetly turned around. They were beautiful, to say the least, but kind of creepy looking. Did they ever go out in the sun? “are Forks royalty. The Cullens. They’re gorgeous and rich and their dad is a doctor, but they’re super exclusive. They don’t talk to or hang out with anyone outside of their family. The weird thing is, they’re all adopted, but dating each other. It doesn’t really matter though. No one really cares.”
“I don’t know.... They seem nice, they just look…I don’t know…dead.”
Marla shook her head. “Nope.”
I shot once last look over my shoulder, then turned back to my popcorn chicken and tater tots.
They can’t be that perfect. They’re only human, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck, I know.
Does this make up for that?
I hope so.
I need to sleep, so tell me what you think.
Love you all.