Status: Active? Occasionally active? Sporadically active?

The Wolf Girl

A Wolf or Something

“So, Dee, where do you live?” Paul asked, breaking the silence between us. I shot a quick look at him, bemused. “That did not,” he laughed, “sound as creepy in my head.”
A laugh bubbled from my lips. “I’ll only tell you, if you promise not to sneak into my room and watch me sleep.”
He threw his head back and barked out a laugh that reverberated through the old truck. “I promise.”
“I live in Forks, where else?” I said, “Speaking of, do you know how I could get back? I was pretty lost when I ended up at the convenience store.”
“Turn around, I’ll help you get there.”
“ But how will you get home?”
“There’s a trail that leads right to my house.”
“In the woods?!”
He laughed at my high pitched tone and just gestured me to keep driving. I went with it and decided to trust his judgment. He occasionally leaned over and pointed at which turn to take, but otherwise it was pretty straightforward. I couldn’t help noticing, out of the corner of my eye, how Paul relaxed, leaning back into the leather and resting his arm across the back of the seat. His hand was dangerously close to my shoulder and I couldn’t help but noticing. I wish I was relaxed, I felt very rigid and ultra-aware of this very attractive man in my car.
“So, how old are you? If you don’t mind me asking,” I rambled.
“Seventeen.”
I looked over at him incredulously. “Seventeen?! Are you serious? You’re a Junior?”
He chuckled. “I look older than I am.”
“Clearly! Here I thought I was driving some random twenty year old around, I had no clue we were the same age.” I said. “So you go to La Push High? Do you know Jacob Black?” I asked.
Paul nodded, “Its kinda hard not to know everyone at La Push High. You think Forks is small? But how do you know Jake?”
“My dad’s friends with Billy Black. Jake fixed up this car for us.”
“Us?”
“Me and my twin sister, Bella. Bella and Jake are closer friends though.”
“Well now you have your own Indian.” I laughed. “But I wouldn’t really talk to Jake about me. Jake isn’t too fond of me or my friends.”
“Why? You don’t seem that bad to me.”
Paul shrugged. “Everybody has their reasons. Someday the tables will turn and he’ll realize he just didn’t have the whole story.”
It was an odd answer but I took it anyway. I hardly knew Paul, I wasn’t about to pry into the intricacies of why he wasn’t friends with someone. That would be awkward, even for me.
We crossed the town line between the Res and Forks. “Paul, do you want me to drop you off? I can get home from here.”
“No, don’t worry about it. I’ll wait till we get to your house.”
“Till my house?! But what about—“
Paul cut me off. “Stop worrying. I want to.”
A hot blush crept up my cheeks and I cringed. Thank God it got dark.
The rest of the car ride was silent, the only sounds were the wheels on wet pavement and the squeak of the steering wheel every time I turned it counter clockwise. The silence wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t necessarily comfortable. I couldn’t really wrap my head around the fact that I had given this ridiculously hot stranger a ride, which actually turned out to be a ride just to my house. I also couldn’t wrap my head around the fact he wasn’t a complete psycho, and the conversation we were having was the best I’ve had since I got to Forks. Bells and Dad weren’t big talkers, and the girls at school weren’t people I wanted to bare my soul too. But for some odd reason, I could see myself doing just that with this stranger. It’s odd how life works.
We pulled onto my street and into my driveway. I took the keys out of the car and turned to face him, tucking one leg underneath me.
“Sorry about driving you to my house.” I laughed and peered over at him. “You can come in if you want. My dad likes to threaten with his guns when it comes to guys though. He’s the police chief,” I added in hurriedly at Paul’s worried expression.
He laughed. His laugh was a deep sound that reverberated from his chest. It was a very calming sound, and it filled my chest up with a sort of primal happiness I didn’t really understand.
“It’s alright, I worked double shifts at my…job, and I’m exhausted.”
“Where do you work?” I asked as we both stepped out of the car.
Paul hesitated. “Forest patrol. You know, like a ranger.”
“Really?” I asked as we stopped in front of my door. He leaned against the wall and I think my heart exploded a little at his relaxed demeanor. “I never would’ve pegged you as the type.”
“What type am I?”
I shrugged. “I don’t know, something more rugged, like construction.”
He laughed again and I smiled sheepishly. “I should get going. I don’t want your dad to come out with a gun.”
It was my turn to laugh. “Are you sure you don’t need a ride? It’s getting dark and—“
“Stop! I’m fine. Honestly. Scouts honor. I know these woods better than anyone who lives here.”
I sighed. “Okay. Fine.”
Paul went to leave but stopped. “Would you maybe…I don’t know…want to hang out again? I just had a really nice time talking to you and¬¬¬—“
“Sure.” I smiled so big it hurt. When was the last time I smiled like this? “The only problem is I don’t have my cell phone.”
“And I don’t have mine,” he chuckled. “How bout you just meet me at the La Push line on Saturday? You can pick me up there and we can go for a walk on the beach or something. I know some great locals only beaches.”
I was still smiling. I was going on a long walk on the beach with a cute, nice boy. “That sounds great actually. Eleven?”
He smiled a huge white smile that was beautiful against his russet skin. “Eleven it is. I’ll see you then.”
“Bye.” I said, and he jogged off towards the woods. “Be safe! You never know what kind of creature is running around the forest at night!” I called after him. “You could run into a wolf or something.” I muttered under my breath.
With one last look to the dark forest I opened the door and dropped my coat on the kitchen table. Ignoring my dad’s calls for the milk, I ran up the stairs and straight into my room. I grabbed the cell phone off my bed and dialed quickly.
“Mom? I think I just got asked out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Umm yeah.

I don't know why I love this story. I really don't. I never loved fanFiction as much but I just freaking love Dee.
Who knew.
Sorry it took so long, I really only write this when I feel like it. Its super late so I'm going to sleep. If you like it, you can comment and recommend, but don't feel like you have to. At this point I just write this for me.
It's funny because I actually hate most of twilight. But the pack and that dynamic always interested me. Couldn't give a shit about the Cullens though. Anywho, here it is.
Enjoy.