Status: Active? Occasionally active? Sporadically active?

The Wolf Girl

Mornings

My mom was beyond excited I was hanging out with a boy. I’ve never been on a proper date in my life. There was one guy in Arizona, but he was so into the party scene he was either always intoxicated or always hungover. I smoked pot with him once, and it was something I regret to this day.
Paul felt different. I couldn’t really put my finger on it, but I didn’t think he would bully me into smoking weed with him and his junkie friends.
That being said, I was still ridiculously nervous. There was no way to know how Saturday would go, and I could only hope for the best.

Image

I woke up Friday morning like I always do: reluctantly. Still, I threw back the covers and exposed my body to the cold air. I threw jeans on and a blouse (after brushing my teeth), before running to the bath room and inspecting my spotted skin in the mirror. I dabbed on some concealor and swiped a mascara wand through my lashes. I took one last look in the mirror and shrugged.
I walked out the bath room and down the hallway, banging on Bella’s door as I passed.
“Wake up!” I yelled, and then jogged down the stairs. I turned into the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing the orange juice and the milk.
“Good morning,” Dad said, peaking over the newspaper with a cup of coffee in his hand.
“Hi Dad,” I greeted, pouring myself a glass of the juice and filling a bowl of cereal with milk.
I sat at the table in the chair opposite Charlie and ate my breakfast. I leaned to the right and pulled back the curtain, revealing the window.
“It’s raining,” I observed.
Charlie looked up and after sipping his coffee said, “It does that a lot.”
“I’ve noticed.”
I looked up at Charlie and smiled. He returned it.
At that moment Bella came flying down the stairs and turned to the two of us at the table.
“You ready?” She asked me.
I nodded and quickly scooped two spoonfuls of granola into my mouth before getting up and putting the dishes in the sink.
“See you later Dad,” I called as I ran to the door. I sat down and pulled the brown, water resistant boots over my feet. I shrugged my jacket on, pulled the hood over my head and ran out the door with my backpack in my hands. Bella was already in the car. I jumped in and she started the car, the engine roaring to life. She pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the school.
Some obscure indie band was playing softly on the radio, but otherwise the car was silent. Early mornings weren’t exactly ripe with conversation. But Bella and I didn’t really have a lot of conversation – we understood each other pretty well and didn’t need to talk to relay feelings. My connection with her was unlike any other I’ve experienced, and probably ever will: simple.
“I have a date tomorrow,” I said, breaking the silence.
Bella looked over before her eyes returned to the road. “Really,” she mused. “With who?”
“Paul, a boy from the Res.”
Her brow furrowed. “How do you know him?”
I laughed sheepishly, “I actually gave him a ride a few days ago. He was walking home from the convenience store and I felt bad.”
She glanced over again. “Huh.”
I cleared my throat, “I just wanted to let you know I’m taking the car at eleven on Saturday, and I’m not sure when I’ll be back.”
Bella nodded. “Well…good for you.”
Yeah. Good for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at me go. I'm like the energizer bunny.
There's a few things I wanted to say:
The last chapter had everything in multiples of six: six chapters, 12 comments, six recommendations, 30 subscribers. I thought that was cool. It really isnt.
Last time I didn't ask for any comments cause I was a dick for never updating but this is pretty good for me so I want like at least one comment. Or two.
I know this is short but I liked it. It flowed nicely and didn't take too long to write. I like seeing the family dynamic.
Disclaimer: It may seem like it (my bad) but Bella doesn't hate Dee, they've just never been very verbal to one another. They've always been a bit distant while also being extremely close. It may make sense to you if you have a sibling. But their relationship is gonna RADICALLY change as we continue, especially as we get into new moon. Boy does new moon have some changes in their relationship. And don't even get me started about eclipse. Shits gonna get real when we reach eclipse.
Anyway thanks for reading and commenting and being lovely. Hope you all enjoyed this short update, and the next chapter will be their cute little date (I promise!)
xx