Status: Finished but might re-write it

You Know Me.

You Know Me.

I turned in my sleep, waking up when my arm bumped into something. When my arm started getting warm, I realized that object had to be a living being emitting body heat. My head was weak from the amount of alcohol I had the night before. The stench was everywhere around me, though I was hoping it would pass. I opened my eyes to see my youngest brother, Jamie lying fast asleep beside me. We were both lying on a linoleum floor with beer cups around in every direction.

This scene wasn’t exactly out of the ordinary. Our family was really close and at parties, I would end up taking care of one of my brothers at one point or another. Although, this one was slightly odd; Jamie wasn't the one to drink and he was the one picked on the most in the family so social settings were not exactly his scene.

I brushed my hand through my hair noticing something different. It wasn't short and shaggy the way that I kept it, it was styled soft and straight, the way a women would wear. Small images popped into my head from last night as everything slowly pulled into place.

I sat up looking down at my outfit: blue jeans and v-neck t-shirt. What surprised me the most is how tight the jeans were and what was under the t-shirt. I pulled my shirt forward and looked inside seeing a black and pink bra. Gasping as more memories flooded in, I looked down at Jamie again and realized we had kissed the night before. Slightly disgusted and surprised, I bolted towards the door and ran a few blocks down to where my three story house stood.

The sky was starting to get light as I ran to the back and climbed over the patio and onto the roof. I climbed in my window and hurried to my own personal bathroom. I stripped off the clothes I was wearing and picked up the first things I saw: boxers, jeans, and a long baggy t-shirt. Before I put the shirt on, I unhooked my mother’s bra that was around my chest, and began wrapping my chest with gauze. I put my t-shirt on and began messing my hair up.

I found a clip hanging off the top of my head so I pulled it out not caring how much hair it took with it. I heard footsteps coming from down the hall before I could throw my old clothes out of sight. I ran to the bed and hid under the blankets with only my head peeking out. I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep when my door slowly creaked open. “Hey bro, you awake? Have you seen my football jersey?” My brother whispered loudly. I mumbled for him to go away when he let himself in an jumped onto the bed.

“Dude, what the fuck are you doing? Get out of my room!” I yelled in the lowest voice that I could manage under my sore throat.

“Get up! I need my jersey, we have a game in less than two hours remember?” He yelled making sure everyone could hear.

“Alright, I'm up I'm up!” I said trying to get up.

My back was sore from spending the night on the floor and my head still hurt from a slight hang over. “Haha, you had too much to drink last night didn't you?” Brody teased heading for the door.

“Are those girl clothes on the floor? Did you have someone in here last night or were you just curious?” He laughed as I shoved him out the door. I picked up the clothes and shoved them under my bed.

I checked myself in the mirror once more to make sure I had no evidence of being a girl left on this body. I picked up my duffel bag and began shoving any clothes I could find. In being a guy, hygiene wasn't something you cared too much about. My room was a total mess and smelled of cologne mixed with a hint of mildew and sweat. I forgot about the football game we had this morning and didn't look forward to it in the least.

When I was done packing, everyone but Jamie was downstairs at the table eating breakfast. Loud as usual, I sat down next to my mother and my other older brother, Charlie. Charlie was a senior and captain of the football team. Brody was quarter back and I was stuck as the kicker from two concussions in the span of one year. Jamie wasn't into sports so much.

He used to play soccer until things got too competitive and he decided to quit. Sarah, my younger sister and my mother were the only known girls in the family of five known boys. I was one of the brothers since I was adopted into the family and had to hide my identity to prevent my biological parents in finding me. My mother never wanted me and my father abused me since as long as I could remember.

Though I had to be someone different, this family was a blessing. I have always been interested in sports and looked up to men more than women. Being a man wasn't hard until everyone's voices started changing including other parts of myself. I ended up taking voice lessons so I could control my voice better and make it sound like a man who has hit puberty. “Where's Jamie?” Mom asked.

“He's sleeping; had a rough night last night.” Charlie explained trying to keep the conversation off of his little brother.

“From what I heard, some girl showed up and stole his heart.” Brody laughed.

“Cut it out Brody.” I said kicking him under the table.

Brody then went upstairs to wake him up to bother him even more. I could hear him stomping and yelling until finally both him and Jamie were downstairs sitting at the table. Jamie's eyes were half closed as he held his head in his hands. “Are you okay hun? Want me to get you something?” Mom asked as he pushed her away trying to keep her from embarrassing him some more.

“Oh, Jeff had someone over last night. I found girls clothes lying on his bedroom floor.” Brody announced.

“Jeffery, do you have something to tell me?” My mother asked as she sipped from her cup of coffee.

“No mom, they’re my friends. She got dressed here last night before the party and must have forgot to get her clothes.” I explained.

“Did you guys see the new girl last night?” Jamie asked.

“What new girl?” Charlie asked.

“Oh, you mean the big muscled short haired brunette, the new girl of your dreams?” Brody cooed.

“For your information, she kissed me. She told me that I wasn't a jerk like you guys and said she wanted to be with me.” Jamie protested.

“Yeah right, I’ll believe it when I see it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Based on a dream I had...

Please comment. Encourage constructive criticism