Status: Finished but might re-write it

You Know Me.

Reality Can Be a Dream.

We waited around twenty minutes until dad finally showed up telling us what we already figured out. He drove us to the hospital where we got to see Sarah awake yet tired. They did a few blood tests but didn't find much unusual other than the small amount of white blood cells she had. She was diagnosed with anaemia and was sent home.

We fed her lots of healthy food and mom stuck by her as much as she could. Sarah slept more than she used to. She fainted once more at school but woke up shortly after. She then was taken to the hospital imediatly after having a seizure. The doctors found out she had a low case of epilepsy and we had to keep an eye on her a lot more.

“What about a dog?” I suggested to a solution of getting an aid to attend every one of her classes at school.

“Yeah mom, I want a dog.” Sarah said happily.

“Why a dog?” Brody asked.

“Well I did some research and some dogs can detect when a seizure might happen. Plus, it will be good for Sarah to maybe have an extra helping hand.” I explained.

“I guess I could check it out.” Mom replied.

“Can I pick him out?” Sarah asked excited over the fact of maybe getting her own dog.

“We will talk to someone about it tomorrow hon, then we will see about getting you a dog.” Mom replied.

Sarah leaped away from the table in excitement and ran to her room thinking about what to name it. Everyone else helped mom with the dishes and their chores after dinner and headed off to bed. Mom stayed up making sceduales for Sarah on when to take her medicine. A couple seizures didn't seem like a big deal, but we weren't excited to see it happen her entire life. Some people say it's like something takes over your body in a single instant and there is nothing you can do but watch. We were all scared of what to do when the next one happened.

We all pushed it aside and decided to think of it in the best way possible. She was happy and chipper now, and that's all that mattered. Jamie and I headed to bed not saying a word to each other. I couldn't sleep for a couple hours thinking about all the changes our family has went through in the last two weeks. Sometimes it seemed like too much to handle.

I was in my first relationship with the person I thought of as a brother for the past few years. I told my family about the part of me I tried to forget since the day of my adoption. Now we had to deal with an epileptic eight year old who just stopped playing with barbies. When I went to sleep, I felt like I was never going to wake up. My dreams were long and more vivid than any other dream I could remember.

I dreampt about the face I wished I could never see again. His angry, black eyes glaring at me as he took all of anger out on his only daughter. Sometimes I thought he never wished I was born. Every time he came back for me, I felt like I was just there to help him see my mother so he didn't feel so alone in the world. He had lost her and blamed me for it.

As he yanked on my hair and threw me down the stairs, the images in my dream were slightly changing. The house I once was afraid to be in became the hallway of the house I was in. The walls were and egg white colour with a dark cream carpet in which my face fell on first. Up the stairs I could barely see who had thrown me; behind the tears clouding my sight. I was now around the age of eight where my mind suddenly lost control. I could feel my body tense as my eyes rolled back to where everything turned black. My muscles yanked in any direction making it so I was stretched like an elastic band.

I felt sudden pops in my brain like my brain cells decided to become kernals in an old popcorn machine. As each one popped, a tingling sensation went through me like a small electrical current. I tried to open my eyes but they stayed where they were in the darkness as my body danced painfully. When my brain cells stopped popping and my muscles began to weaken, I could finally see something.

Pain coursed through my body when I was now rested in my bed. My head rushed with pain when I finally woke up. Instead of waking where I thought I would be; my twin sized bed with a blue comforter and black pillows. The walls painted a lighter shade of blue with the carpet a light cream; I woke up in a dark white room with a small lamp aside of me.

My body ached feeling stiff when I moved my head slightly sideways so I could see where I was. I saw a big window covered with long shades and a chair right underneath. On the chair was a long black coat with another chair next to it.

This chair was occupied by a familiar male body with short dark hair with blonde looking tips. I gasped realizing the boy sleeping next to me was my once brother, but now the one to where my heart belonged to. I tried to call his name when I realized there was a thick tube resting in the corner of my mouth letting out a small stream of what must have been oxygen.

I raised my hand to my face where I slowly ripped off the tape around my mouth letting the tube fall on the floor on the other side of me. There was a long tube hooked into my left hand and a thick plastic thing wrapped around my finger on the other. My mouth was dry and my eyes were droopy. My chest hurt a little each time I inhaled the air around me as my chest rose and fell each breath I took. I heard footsteps where I watched my mother walk into the room Jamie and I occupied.

“Johanna! Your finally awake!” She whispered loudly trying not wake Jamie. She hurried to my side where she grabbed my hand and examined my face like I had been gone for months at a time.

Jamie shuffled for a moment but fell right back to sleep. “He's been up for hours, I'm glad he finally got some sleep. How are you feeling sweety?” My mother explained.

“Just thirsty.” I whispered in a very quiet and raspy voice.

She grabbed a glass from the small night table next to me and slowly raised it towards me. I leaned my head forward a little as she pressed the glass to my lips and tipped it so the water slid into my mouth. The water was cold and refreshing going down as I gasped as the pain in my throat went away.

“So what's going on?” I asked resting my head against my pillow.

“You fainted. You fainted, fell down the stairs and hit your head. Your third concussion this year.”

“Wow, when did this happen?” I said half surprised.

“Not too sure. Got a call in the middle of football practice saying you fainted falling down the stairs and wouldn't wake up. You gave Jamie and I quite the scare.”

“Football practice?” I asked now confused.

“Yes, when I left you and Jamie were home alone for the night.”

“Okay. What about Sarah?”

“She's at home. Why do you ask?”

“Oh nothing. Just a dream I guess.”

“Alright then. Well now that your awake, I should go let the doctor know. I will be back shortly.” She smiled kissing my forehead.

I smiled back as she headed out of the room almost slamming the door like she was intending to be loud. Jamie jumped a little as his eyes flew open. I laughed squinting when the pain in my chest stopped me.

“Johanna? Thank God your awake!” He said getting out of his chair.

“You sound like mom.” I smiled.

“You have been out too long. You really scared me.”

“How long was I out for?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave comments!