Beautiful in Black

Chapter 3

The next day, was the same for Ashlee. Wake up, make breakfast, clean up the house for a bit. Today she was going to relax by her pool in the backyard. It was a beautiful hot day. As she laid out soaking up the sun. All of a sudden she hears someone say “LOOK OUT!” and she saw a football being thrown over her fence, splashing in her pool, causing to splash her. It startled her, causing her to scream out “Fuck” as she grabbed her towel to dry herself off.
“Hey, sorry about that, can you give us our ball back?” a head popped over her fence. Ashlee looked at him. He had his lip pierced and was wearing eyeliner. Ashlee giggled at his sight and nodded walking near the pool to grab the football. “Here pass is over” as his head disappeared from the fence. As she threw the ball over with perfect aim.
She heard someone voice say “ouch” as other voices began to laugh. One of them said “Damn she got an arm” she laughed when she heard that. Seconds later she sees a familiar face pop over her fence.
“Hey Ashlee, was that you who threw the ball over?” she nodded and smiled.
“No it was a ghost”
“Hey I didn’t know you had a pool.” He pointed out. As she saw him lose his balance and regaining it. She heard laughs and began to laugh as well because of the face he made.
“Yeah my mom and Dylan hired someone to build it in.”
“Hey can me and my friends come over for a swim?” it’s hot out, please” Ashlee saw him make a puppy dog face and pouted.
“Fine, come over” as his head disappeared and popped back over.
“Ok, we will be over in 5 minutes” he smiled as she couldn’t resist smiling as well. She laid down and his head popped up again. “Hey Ashlee” she looked over “we are coming through the side door, just to let you know” he smiled again. All she could have done was smile back.
Few minutes later she heard commotion near the side door of her yard. She got up and went over.
*Knock, Knock*
She opened the door to see Zack and 4 others guys with two girls waiting there.
“Hey Ashlee” Zack said “we are here”
“I notice” as she let them in.
“This is Matt and his girlfriend Valarie” he pointed at them. The same guy with the lip piercing, wearing a sleeveless shirt holding who was Valarie. Valarie was a blonde hair girl. But she didn’t look all ditzy like the other girls Ashlee have seen around town.
“Nice to meet you” she shook both of their hands.
“Like wise” Matt said.
“This is Brian” Brian had long hair also with a lip piercing.
“Nice to meet you” she smiled
“Same here sweets” she giggled
“This is Jimmy and his girlfriend Leana” Jimmy was tall dark hair and had a welcoming smile. Leana had curly hair last her shoulder, very cute girl with welcoming eyes.
“And this short shit is Johnny” he pointed to a small guy who had a red spot on his cheek. “He’s the one who you hit with the football.” Zack said
“You got an arm” Johnny said
“Thanks, I’m sorry that I hit you”
“It’s cool.” Johnny said
As they walked towards the pool, the girls sat on the chairs along with Ashlee as the guys jumped into the pool. Splashing the girls. Val and Leana bitched at them as Ashlee just smiled and laughed. Matt got out and went over to Valarie, her pleading for him to not get her into the pool. But as guys never listen, he grabbed her and carried her over to the pool with her hitting him to let her down.
“Matt put me down” she screamed and laughed.
“Want me to put you down. Okay” as he stood by the edged and jumped in while holding her. She screamed as they hit the water. As they came back up, she yelled at him “Matt, you’re an ass!” laughing and splashing water to him. Both Ashlee and Leana were laughing not noticing that Jimmy and Zack and Johnny walking over and surprising them by grabbing and throwing then also in the pool. As they all came back up for air, laughing.
“Thanks for letting us come over Ashlee” Valarie said. “It’s been hot lately and the public pools are filled with little kids.”
“Well we would be at Matt’s pool, but someone wanted to skateboard and ruined the plaster” Leans said looking at Matt and Brian. Both Matt and Brain made like “we didn’ do it” faces as they all laughed.
“So Zacky told us that you just moved here” Jimmy said
“Yeah”
“How do you like it here?” Matt asked
“Better than Florida”
“No way you’re from Florida?” Johnny said
“Shut up sort shit. She just finished saying that.” Jimmy said hitting Johnny on the side of his head.
“Ouch mother fucker” as Johnny rubbed his head.
“Does he always pick on him?” Ashlee asked Valarie.
“Yeah, but it’s so funny and cute”
As the day went on, hanging by the pool. Zack, Matt and Johnny started up the grill for hamburgers’ and hotdogs. As Brain and jimmy went to the nearest store to get the drinks. Ashlee and the two girls sat by the pool talking about how Ashlee likes it here and what to do around Hurlinton Beach. As they laughed at the guys who started to mess with the grill. Not knowing how to start it up.
“How many guys does it take to start up a gas griller?” Leana said.
“Well i know it will take two tall guys and a small guy” Valarie said.
“Hey I heard that” Johnny said looking over.
“You know we love you Johnny!” Leana said
Just then Ashlee French doors opened and two older people were standing at the door way.