‹ Prequel: Issues
Status: Sequel!

Gorgeous Nightmare

Sorry

“I’m sorry.”

Not believing it.

“I didn’t think you’d get mad.”

Damn liar.

“Please forgive me.”

Don’t look at him.

“Can you at least look at what I got for you?”

Don’t look up or you’ll fold.

Slowly I lifted my gaze and met Max’s green ones which were formed in an adorable puppy dog pout.

Son of a bitch.

“What’s so important you got to show me?” I sighed and he smiled wide knowing he won me over.

He had been trying for the past 20 minutes to get me to accept his apology. He jumped up and raced to the other room nearly tripping over all my stuff on the floor of my bedroom. While I waited I looked down at my math homework.

I had been attempting to do it for the past 20 minutes that Max had been in my room bothering me. Earlier when my dad and I chased him my dad caught him but convinced me not to cut him, instead I punched him in the stomach and my dad pushed him to the floor. I’m shocked he wasn’t mad at me; no instead as soon as I had walked away he followed me trying to apologize.

Max Green you are a weird individual.

He rushed back in and hopped onto my bed. He held something behind his back and pushed off everything on my bed that was between us; books, clothes, ect.

“Hey, now my dad’s gonna get mad at me over the mess you made.” I pouted and he rolled his eyes.

“I’ll clean it!” I sighed and pushed the textbook off of my lap.

“You ready?” I sighed.

“Yes.”

“You don’t sound it…” He shook his head.

“Yes.” I said a little louder.

“Eh your excitement isn’t as high as I’d like.”

“Yes Max I’m ready just fucking give it to me already!” Max smirked.

Oh fuck, that sounded really bad.

I felt my cheeks heat up and heard fast footsteps heading to my bedroom door.

“What the hell?” My dad shouted and I buried my head into my pillow.

I’m going to kill Max if I don’t die of embarrassment.

I could hear Max laughing from his spot on the bed in front of me.

“Max what the fuck are you doing to my daughter?” Robert said not too pleased.

“Nothing,” Max laughed calming down a bit. “She said that completely on her own…”

If possible I could feel my cheeks go redder.

“I’ve been known to get girls to scream that to me though,” I could hear that playful smirk in his voice.

“Max,” My dad said in a warning tone. “Don’t do that to my daughter.”

“I’m not! I was just trying to give her a present. The one I bought with the hundred bucks.” He defended.

I remained in my spot.

Yeah I’m not coming out. Ever.

“Can everyone get out of my room please?” I said but it sounded muffled through the pillow.

“Okay, I’ll leave after I give you your present.” Max said.

“I’ll leave now but… Keep this door open.” I heard footsteps leave and I slowly peeled the pillow from my face.

Max still wore that infamous smirk and I narrowed my eyes at him wishing to smack it off.

“Can I just get my present please?” I sighed and he chuckled softly.

“Ok I’ll stop torturing you.” He said as he pulled the present from behind his back.

I squealed as I grabbed the black and grey box from his hands.

“You got it, you got it!” I screamed with a wide smile but it slowly started to fade.

“This is like 40 bucks though… why’d you spend a hundred?” My brows pulled together and Max rolled his eyes.

“Look at the top of the box Lil.”

I looked back down at the Criss Angel Magic Kit in my hands and noticed what he was talking about.

In black sharpie was an autograph and short message.

Dear Lily Ortiz,
You’ve got a great friend named Max who got this for you.
Hope you practice wisely and have fun.
Keep believing; Criss Angel.


My mouth dropped to the floor and I took a deep breath in before letting out the loudest scream ever. Max smiled at me as I jumped up and raced downstairs.

“What the hell?” Craig asked from his spot on the kitchen. Monte and my dad joined us along with Max.

“Why are you screaming?” Monte asked while he covered his ears.

Finally I ran out of breath and just stood there bouncing in my spot like an idiot. Max was laughing in his spot at my excitement and I shoved the box in front of the guys.

They read it out loud as I jumped in my spot.

“So this is what Max got you?” My dad asked and I nodded before lunging at Max.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!” I screamed while I wrapped my arms tightly around him.

“You’re welcome,” he chuckled.

Max is so sweet sometimes, I always wondered why he didn’t have a girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe
-Neche